• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Encouraging a Potential Team Member: Tips from a Cheffer

It's all about timing. People just come around when they come around.In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who is trying to get a potential recruit to sign up for the Pampered Chef business, but the recruit has not yet signed up. The consultant has left messages and sent information, but the recruit has not responded. Other consultants suggest staying in touch and sending personal notes to remind the recruit that they are thinking of her. It is noted that timing is important and the recruit will sign up when she is ready. Some consultants share their own experiences of taking a long time to sign up for the business. The overall message is to not give up and let the recruit make the decision in her own time.
lacychef
Okay, so a gal co-hosted a show back in January & we got to talking about the opp. She decided she was interested, and wanted to sign up as soon as the new kit was available.....and she hasn't signed yet! I have left her a couple messages, inviting her to a team meeting, & asking if there's questions I can answer, etc. What do you fellow cheffers think I should do? I don't want her to think I'm bugging her to get signed up; but I can't figure out what's holding her back....thanks for any help:)

Did you send her any info? If you didn't maybe you could send her some info. like the empowering women mag or recruiting CD? After that call and see if she received it and then let it be. She'll sign when she's ready. Maybe she didn't get your messages.

Just stay in touch....send her a recipe or handwritten note through the mail....then call again a couple weeks later...then email her.....just keep in touch!

Good ideas with the notes. Send her a handwritten note saying you were thinking about her as you were __________ (watching the new DVD, reading EW, etc.) and thought she might like to read/watch it, too. Let her know that timing is everything and you will be here when it is her time.

Try Kate's approach. Hopefully you will get an answer one way or the other from her.

cmdtrgd said:
Good ideas with the notes. Send her a handwritten note saying you were thinking about her as you were __________ (watching the new DVD, reading EW, etc.) and thought she might like to read/watch it, too. Let her know that timing is everything and you will be here when it is her time.

I agree. I have a potential recruit who just can't join right now but wants to. I think she's also feeling the worries we all get of can we do this. I gave her the magazine at her show in Jan (& one for her sister who she thought should join) & emailed her a few days ago. I told her that I didn't want to bother her, but to remind her that I'm thinking of her. I also mentioned that only she knows when the right time to join is & I'm always here to answer questions/listen, etc. She told me that she really appreciated that. I think since she knows I'm not just trying to recruit her for my benefit that she'll be more willing to contact me with questions, etc.

It took me a LONG time (uh, a few years?) to decide to start a PC business and if my original consultant had kept in touch with me, I would have signed with her! But since I lost touch, I became a HO lead for my director! So as others have already advised, stay in touch and she will sign when she is ready!

(It took one of my recruits 10 months from the time she said she was interested to the time she actually signed up!)

cat said:
It took me a LONG time (uh, a few years?) to decide to start a PC business and if my original consultant had kept in touch with me, I would have signed with her! But since I lost touch, I became a HO lead for my director! So as others have already advised, stay in touch and she will sign when she is ready!

Me too!!! I became a HO lead for my director. She called and asked if I needed any questions answered or if I just needed to know how to sign up and I said "sign me up!" LOL!

I met my first consultant at LEAST 5 years ago. I hosted a show for her, checked Maybe for the biz on my DPS. She called and I never answered and then she eventually stopped calling. *shrug*

My most recent recruit signed in January 2007 but we first met about it in December 2005. So you just have to hang in there and wait for the right time for them!

Thanks for your responses ladies. I had given her the new opp brochure; then I mailed her the welcom packet since it still has helpful info, plus the new DVD. I figured I'd just call every couple weeks or so; hopefully it will work out when she's ready!

Don't give up. It took me about 10 years to sign. (Don't ask. It's a long, boring story.) Remember that if she's not excited about doing it, she probably won't get off to a good start. It needs to be her timing. She'll let you know if she feels that you're becoming a Pampered Pest.

I agree with what was said a couple times. Don't only call. Rotate it. Call, then e-mail, then mail. All basically saying you have been thinking about her (or other creative ways to say the same thing). She will appreciate you have done it and will sign when ready. If she isn't answering the calls, something may have happened and she just isn't ready now. Be patient.

1. What types of suggestions do you offer?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a wide range of suggestions for meal planning, cooking techniques, and kitchen tools. Our suggestions are designed to help make your cooking experience easier and more enjoyable.

2. How do I submit a suggestion to Pampered Chef?

You can submit a suggestion to Pampered Chef by filling out our online suggestion form, which can be found on our website. You can also share your suggestions with us on social media or by contacting our customer service team.

3. Will Pampered Chef consider my suggestion for new products?

Yes, at Pampered Chef, we value our customers' opinions and are always looking for new ideas and products to add to our collection. We carefully review all suggestions and take them into consideration when developing new products.

4. Can I view other customers' suggestions?

Yes, you can view other customers' suggestions on our website under the "Suggestions" tab. Here, you can also see if any of the suggestions have been implemented or are currently in the works.

5. How do I know if my suggestion has been implemented?

If your suggestion has been implemented, you will receive an email notification from Pampered Chef. You can also check the "Suggestions" tab on our website to see if your suggestion has been added to our collection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinyourpclady
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
thehaleykitchen
  • cookingwithlove