• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Recruiting Potential: Tips for Promoting to Director in TPC

In summary, Deb shares how she would like to promote herself to director in her business, but no one is interested. She has a show coming up and is hoping to generate more interest in the biz. She recommends listening to CDs, noticing how people react when she talks about recruiting, and asking people at checkout.
pcchris
Silver Member
Hi!
I have a show coming up on Saturday. I really want to get working on recruiting consultants! I really want to promote to director in this business...I LOVE TPC! here's the deal: I tell my little story, tell the guests to watch what I do, and if anyone thinks this is something they think that they can do, and would like more info about the biz to talk to me after the show. So Far, I've had no one interested. I don't get a chance to really talk to guests "alone" during check out, because I don't get a chance to get into a different area before they start BOMBARDING me with their filled out order forms. I feel rushed, and just want to get them totalled up so the guests don't get p.o.'d because they have to wait. I know I need to talk to people one-on-one, and I'm GOING to do this on Saturday. Just wondering if there is a way I can re-phrase my offer of the biz...what do you all say that gets people interested? I'm thinking it's just me!! Any words of advice for me? I'm getting bummed because no one seems interested...and I know they're out there. Please help if you can...thank you!!

You have to make it about them. Ask questions then shut up and listen.

Do you sprinkle any other recruiting lines throughout your show?

If your goal is directorship, share that with your director and set some goals with her. She is there to help you!

Listen to some CDs. I love the Connections--Key to Recruiting set that comes in the supply booster.

HOW do I make it about them? What kind of questions should I ask before I "shut up" as you so elequently put it?? HA HA HA! My director and I have already talked about it...she thinks I'd be great!!! (Thanks for your vote of confidence, miss director, but can you tell some PEOPLE that? LOL!) I know I have a bunch of the CD's in my house somewhere...I'll have to find them to see if I have that one! Thanks for the info...sure appreciate it Deb!

By making it about them, you have to change your focus. You don't want to recruit because you want to be a director (well, yes, you do) but you want to recruit to help change someone's life! It's a perspective change, really.

I think we have a tendency to verbally vomit all over someone about why this business would be so great but forget to notice or think about why someone could use it in the first place.

There are a few posts going around about the Three Pile System for checkout. Go read one of those and see what you think. It may generate more interest for you.

But my best advice is to recruit your hosts.

The three pile system is explained in the Trifle Bowl post in Increasing Sales.

Deb,
THANK YOU for your inspiring words! I hadn't really thought about it that way...until I read what you wrote. AWESOME! Thank you so much!! I learned about the three pile system this past Saturday...we had our Spring training day, and I learnd about that there. Great idea!!!

You are welcome!!!

Look for the heart tugs...watch how people react when you sprinkle your recruiting lines...then make sure you ask them at checkout. Have info available for them to take and read and then FOLLOW UP within 24-48 hours.

You can do this!

Deb -
Once again, THANK you so much for your reply. You are very helpful! I'm getting excited for my show on Saturday...but I have to remember to write myself a reminder note...I'll be copying this thread so I don't forget!!! Thanks again...I so much appreciate it!!!

Well. I am focused on getting to directorship as well. What I do, is ask them what to do they do? If someone is unhappy with their job, they WILL tell you most of the time. That is how I got my recruits. They were just unsatisfied with what their lives were all about. And now they are able to love what they do and share the experience with others. I mean that is what it is all about right?! Sharing/Selling the DREAM!

I think knowing your audience helps with recruiting. You have to know who your audience is, for example, if your presenting to stay at home moms you might mention how this is a great business for them (theymake some extra money and still get to be with the kids) or if your presenting to working women, mention how this business is great because they can work it around their schedule.
Also, on your door prize sheets see if they marked intersted in selling then follow up later on on the phone. Also when at check out ask them if they are interested in the business opp. if they say yes, or maybe, ask them if you can call and/or send them some info. that way, you are still connecting, but not taking too much time out at check out.

Also, recruit your hostess. They get in the "inside" scope on how easy this buiness can be by your example.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

I'm not great at recruiting so I can't help you there. Perhaps you should try to shorten your show so you won't be rushed at the end. Maybe have things pre-cooked or cut a few products discussed out. I think you need to have time to connect with people and you can't do that if you're worried about people in line.

I'm not a super-recruiter, but here are two suggestions that may help you out:

Make your own prize drawing slips, and instead of asking people if they want to host a show/start a business/etc, ask what their level of interest is in each, and then have a scale of one to ten. People who are afraid to circle yes or even maybe are often willing to put their interest as a 4 or 5 out of ten. Then at least you know that they have thought about the opportunity. Plus, then you can give them the little brochure and tell them you'll call them the next day to see if they have any questions. I have had a lot more success with at least talking to people this way--and they generally even answer the phone the next day when I call!

My second suggestion is to ask your host, when you first arrive at her house, where you can set up your "office." I always ask for a little area away from the demo, but close enough that when the demo is done and people are shopping and eating, I can point them in that direction to say, "my office is right over there." It's not always possible, but I have foudn that having alittle area set up in advance keeps people from crowding you with orders--they tend to at least stand in line and wait their turn. I have a laptop, too, and I think that makes it seem more "official," so to speak :)

I hope that helps! I am working on my first recruit now, but I've really only recently started to focus on recruiting (so I guess I hope it helps me, too!)

I went to our regional meeting in Phoenix and Tracy was there. Here's what she says to do to make it personal.

Say something like "I don't know what kind of day you've had today, or what you've had to deal with, I don't know how many of you hate your jobs or who needs more money for vacation, college etc." But I can share with you how I got started with the Pampered Chef. Then go one with your own story. (of course I paraphrased this, but you get the jist.)

She says that with personal comments like this you really get in to their lives. I'm planning on trying this out at my next show.

I have 3 qualified recruits ( I just need to get one jump started again) right now and 1 that just signed on and doing great.

I've decided to not accept directorship until I have about 7 qualified recruits. I originally thought I would do it at 5 but because of some threads I've read on this forum I've changed my mind. I want to make sure that I have solid recruits. So it won't matter of 1 or 2 didn't do well.

Well it's late and I'm blabbing so I better go to bed now.

Charlie

1. How can I make my "Any Words of Advice?" presentation more engaging?

One tip is to use visual aids such as pictures or props to illustrate your points. You can also engage the audience by asking questions and encouraging them to share their own experiences.

2. What are some common mistakes to avoid when giving a "Any Words of Advice?" presentation?

Avoid reading directly from notes or slides, as this can make the presentation seem scripted and less authentic. It's also important to avoid using too much jargon or complex language, as this can be difficult for the audience to understand.

3. How can I structure my "Any Words of Advice?" presentation to make it more effective?

A good structure for a "Any Words of Advice?" presentation is to start with an attention-grabbing introduction, followed by a clear outline of your main points, and ending with a strong conclusion that summarizes the key takeaways.

4. What are some ways to make sure my "Any Words of Advice?" presentation is memorable?

One way to make your presentation more memorable is to use storytelling to convey your message. You can also use humor or personal anecdotes to connect with the audience and make your presentation more engaging.

5. How can I handle difficult or challenging questions during my "Any Words of Advice?" presentation?

It's important to stay calm and professional when faced with challenging questions. You can acknowledge the question and provide a brief response, or offer to follow up with the individual after the presentation. Remember to always maintain a positive and respectful attitude towards the audience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcmckay
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • PC Mom 55