• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruit Gone Wrong: A Cautionary Tale of Recruiting and Customer Service

In summary, the speaker had a difficult experience with a potential recruit for their business. Despite sending her materials and working hard to help her, the recruit blamed the speaker for a declined credit card and delayed shipment. She even decided to sign up with another consultant, leaving the speaker frustrated and disappointed.
Kelley Sells
Okay, this may be a little long, BUT.....
After Conference I came home GUN HO on getting Directorship for this year.
I was going to recruit from ALL over!!!!! So, off I went. I had alot of replies and one in particular in Colorado. She was really excited. So I sent her a HUGE package of the Empowering women mag, catalogs etc so that she could do her show to earn a discount on the kit. That was JULY....I heard from her everynow and then and then she would disappear. She came back in DECEMBER around the 8th, saying she wanted to place all the orders she had sent me, she had some that where credit cards, but mostly checks that she never sent me....so she put the balance on her card. She wanted it for Christmas delivery, I told her it needed to be in by the 14th to be on the safe side, on the 14th she tells me to hold off on the order for another day, FINALLY she gets back to me and off the order went. WELL, didn't a credit card come back declined....:eek: so I called HO, ASAP that night after calling the guest and getting a new card number. I was on hold for 1 1/2 waiting for a rep., it was the busiest time of year, and they took care of it asap and the order went out the next day, BUT the snow storms came and the shipment didn't make it until the 28th of December. She called the HO complaining that her guests should get compensated....yeah RIGHT....told me that I WAS TO BLAME and that she would NOT sign up under me.....now if THAT isn't bad enough, I got an email 3 days ago from one of her guests to say she hasn't received her items yet.....can you BELIEVE it? So I send her an email, she gets right back to me saying "this whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm working with a consultant out here and signing up with HER..." GOOD do THAT because I wouldn't sign her if you PAID me, she will be AWEFUL.....I wish I KNEW who that consultant was I would WARN her.....she couldn't have cared LESS that the guest didn't get her items, BUT she did finally get them to her yesterday.....but she was RUDE RUDE RUDE and I worked VERY hard with her, spent ALOT of time on the PHONE, emailing, sending her materials to help her. And she blames it on ME? The order had started in JULY.....JUUUULLLLYYYY.....imagine THAT?

Well, thanks for listening!!!!

I feel better....

Kelley Sells said:
Okay, this may be a little long, BUT.....
After Conference I came home GUN HO on getting Directorship for this year.
I was going to recruit from ALL over!!!!! So, off I went. I had alot of replies and one in particular in Colorado. She was really excited. So I sent her a HUGE package of the Empowering women mag, catalogs etc so that she could do her show to earn a discount on the kit. That was JULY....I heard from her everynow and then and then she would disappear. She came back in DECEMBER around the 8th, saying she wanted to place all the orders she had sent me, she had some that where credit cards, but mostly checks that she never sent me....so she put the balance on her card. She wanted it for Christmas delivery, I told her it needed to be in by the 14th to be on the safe side, on the 14th she tells me to hold off on the order for another day, FINALLY she gets back to me and off the order went. WELL, didn't a credit card come back declined....:eek: so I called HO, ASAP that night after calling the guest and getting a new card number. I was on hold for 1 1/2 waiting for a rep., it was the busiest time of year, and they took care of it asap and the order went out the next day, BUT the snow storms came and the shipment didn't make it until the 28th of December. She called the HO complaining that her guests should get compensated....yeah RIGHT....told me that I WAS TO BLAME and that she would NOT sign up under me.....now if THAT isn't bad enough, I got an email 3 days ago from one of her guests to say she hasn't received her items yet.....can you BELIEVE it? So I send her an email, she gets right back to me saying "this whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm working with a consultant out here and signing up with HER..." GOOD do THAT because I wouldn't sign her if you PAID me, she will be AWEFUL.....I wish I KNEW who that consultant was I would WARN her.....she couldn't have cared LESS that the guest didn't get her items, BUT she did finally get them to her yesterday.....but she was RUDE RUDE RUDE and I worked VERY hard with her, spent ALOT of time on the PHONE, emailing, sending her materials to help her. And she blames it on ME? The order had started in JULY.....JUUUULLLLYYYY.....imagine THAT?

Well, thanks for listening!!!!

I feel better....
Release........................ Breathe..................Release................... &
Move on. As you said you are better off w/out her. Whose Next....

Kelley Sells said:
I had alot of replies and one in particular in Colorado. She was really excited.

OK, all you Colorado Cheffers, watch out for this one!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Kelley, I'm so sorry you had to go through this. I have a similar situation going on with a recruit from last January. Too long to get into, but just know that you're not alone.

Bless and Release...

Ouch! Sorry you had this frustrating experience. I'll beware of any recruits from Colorado :D.

Kelly I am w/ you there sounds a lot like my group from you know where. 1 who just signed w/ my AD. The lucky part for you is you don't have to see this lady.Like said above release & breathe. I am sorry that there are people out there like that, they just make life more difficult.Let's find our next victim! Next:):)

Thanks:D You guys are THE BEST...I feel better getting that off my chest I just had it bottled up....

Your right...."WHO's NEXT?"....

Thanks again folks, you ROCK....

:D :D :D :D

Wow, that woman should be ashamed of herself.

More than likely, her guests were asking her where there stuff was and instead of saying "well I haven't sent the orders", or "I just sent the orders" she put the blame on you so she wouldn't look bad. I wouldn't worry about it.

Shawnna said:
More than likely, her guests were asking her where there stuff was and instead of saying "well I haven't sent the orders", or "I just sent the orders" she put the blame on you so she wouldn't look bad. I wouldn't worry about it.

I was just going to say that!

Obviously she's not going to do well in the business and now she's a burden for someone else. That's really terrible. Be thankful that she moved on from you and she's not a continual nuisance!

It really sounds like she can't take the blame for ANYTHING:(

Liar, Liar pants on fireYou can never trust a liar. Just because she said she is signing up with another consultant doesn't mean she will. Obviously she has issues getting things done and keeping up her end of the bargain. That will not be a good consultant to work with even if she does sign up.
Since July??
Well you can be sure it's not your fault, you are not to blame and she is just not trustworthy or reliable. When we work with people like this, it helps us to be grateful for the good hosts and not take them for granted.

You did all you could to help her out and she refused to be kind or grateful. I mean blame the Lord for the weather and complain. That's horrible. As if we can control the weather and shipments. Some people are so unreasonable.
You don't need someone like that signed up under you. Imagine the horrible situations she might have put you through, and because she was your recruit you would have felt obligated to help her each time! :eek:
Be glad you have seen her true colors and now she is someone else's problem.

Debbie :D

Oh wow! Definitely run as far as you can from her!!!

You're best rid of her. When I see you at conference we'll be able to laugh about it!

Lol.....Thank you so much, yeah, I am BETTER off without that one in my life....LOL...I kept in touch with her all that time, I should've called it a day in September....LOL.....

I can't wait to meet you guys at conference......this year we'll do the name tags and do a seperate tag that says CHEFFERS in big letters so we know who is who......maybe get a day and time that we can all meet up at the hall?.....

Can you imagine if she is at CONFERENCE......oh that would be my fate...LOL....

Kelley Sells said:
I can't wait to meet you guys at conference......this year we'll do the name tags and do a seperate tag that says CHEFFERS in big letters so we know who is who.......

Make sure you get a button from Ann.

Kelley Sells said:
Can you imagine if she is at CONFERENCE......oh that would be my fate...LOL....
She doesn't sound like the type to make the investment in her business.

You're sooooo much better off without her!

I'm worried about any possible customers she might obtain. If that's the way she handled the show imagine how she'll be on the customer service side. What are those people going to think about the company?!!!

Yes...I would be soooo worried about the customers, that is ONE thing none of us wants is someone messing up and folks thinking that is the PC is.....cuz it's NOT......

Buttons from ANN? ANN WHO? LOL....I WANT IT.....lead me to it.....:D :D

Ann who just replied to you two posts above.

Look at the link in her signature.

Yep- me. There's a thread about them in the Conference 2007 area. :)

Totallyawesome, thanks you guys....I'll be ordering mine......

1. What is "Recruit Gone Wrong" about?

"Recruit Gone Wrong" is a dark comedy film that follows the story of a group of recruits going through basic training in the military. As they struggle to survive the intense training and harsh conditions, they also find themselves tangled in various comedic mishaps and misunderstandings.

2. Who stars in "Recruit Gone Wrong"?

The film stars popular comedians such as Kevin Hart, Adam Sandler, and Melissa McCarthy. It also features rising stars like Awkwafina and Tiffany Haddish. The ensemble cast brings their comedic talents to the screen, making "Recruit Gone Wrong" a must-watch for fans of comedy.

3. When was "Recruit Gone Wrong" released?

The film was released in theaters on February 14, 2020, just in time for Valentine's Day. It was later released on streaming platforms such as Netflix and Hulu in the following months, allowing more viewers to enjoy the comedic chaos of "Recruit Gone Wrong".

4. Is "Recruit Gone Wrong" suitable for all ages?

While the film is rated PG-13, it contains some mild language, crude humor, and comedic violence. It may not be suitable for young children, but it is generally appropriate for teenagers and adults.

5. Is there a sequel planned for "Recruit Gone Wrong"?

As of now, there are no plans for a sequel to "Recruit Gone Wrong". However, with its success in the box office and streaming platforms, it is possible that a sequel may be announced in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • Pampered Angel
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Doodlbug329