• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Can I Share on Message Boards?

In summary, Kristen shares that she is a consultant with Pampered Chef and offers more information about the company if contacted via email. She warns others of possible violations of policy by other consultants on the board and advises caution when discussing PC with online friends.
gilliandanielle
I have been cruising "birth clubs" lately to connect with other preggos and I often see threads asking for legit work from home opportunites. Most don't have an e-mail connected so I have to post on the actual thread. How much am I allowed to share about PC, if anything, without breaking the rules? I would love to share this opportunity with others who could really use it, but I don't want to break any PC rules!!

Why don't you just say something like:

If you are interested in partying for a living and love to talk to people and be the center of attention please contact me. You can earn your next vacation for FREE! For more details send me your email. Then you can send them this flyer:

Attachments

• You rLife You rWay RECRUITING.doc
    524 KB · Views: 530
Nice Flyer Kristen!!

I love that flyer!! Great job I will definately be using that one!!

I would just tell them that you work with a wonderful company (share some of the benefits specific to you or ones that you think would be what they are looking for) and then tell them that you would be happy to give them more information and leave your email address.
Also, I don't think that it is against policy to say that you are a Pampered chef consultant and the benefits to you and your family have been amazing. If they would like more info on PC or the opportunity to contact you via email. I personally wouldn't say something along the lines of partying or being the center of attention. Both of those two things would have scared me away instantly. To some I'm sure those would be pluses, but prolly not many new moms. (I wouldn't think) Love the flyer.

You are not supposed to list PC on internet profiles, so to be safe I stray from listing it on boards...talk more generically about it and respond to ppl by PM or email. HTH.

Thanks guys- I haven't mentioned anything because I didn't know the rules, but I think I will post something about working for a well established kitchenware direct sales company and to e-mail me for more info. I'd rather be safe than sorry!

okay, if we can't talk about being pc consultants on the web, then how can we all openly discuss that we are consultants on this site.
I understand that we can't list it in our profile, but if we are posting a message on a bulletin (like this one) why can't we say that we are PC consultants....I just don't understand what makes this site different or "special" to allow us to break a rule....since this is not PC run.

I have read that loops for consultant's are okay. The reason we can't on other sites is because they don't want one consultant to have an advantage over others because of their extracurricular activities. Because we are all consultants here there is no advantage to me posting that I am a consultant because no one cares because we are all consultants!!

I am part of a few mommy boards too, some are very specific in the rules secton about not even mentioning any recruiting info.
If you find a way let us know! :)

I was directed to a message board by a friend because someone was looking for a potholder. Well, I was emailing with my friend and told her to send her online buddy to my website. She said she would post the link for her :eek: When I asked her not to, she said "OK", but I went to check it out anyway, just to make sure..... what I found were 2 consultants on this board who routinely collect orders for catalog shows, etc..... one of them even has in her "byline" to contact her about Arbonne and Pampered Chef! UGH! I don't post on that board, and don't know either of the girls that were on there...... emails were private so I can't email them.... and I don't want to post on the board and cause trouble........ I guess I should direct HO towards that message board and let them find it themselves, huh?

That is a bummer Celeste- I would just send what you have to HO and let them deal with it.

I was very careful about what I posted on the birth board and am thankful I didn't cross any lines because I don't know the "rules". I did meet some ladies on there that live in my area. We started e-mailing back and forth and I felt comfortable bringing it up in an e-mail. One lady was really excited and is having a show with me in May- that is if neither one of us go into labor before then, LOL!

I chat on a mums board over here and have "known" many of the ladies for over three years. Some of the know I sell PC because we talk about kitchen gadgets in the foodies forum (we are sad...I know) and I've had one lady buy a batter bowl from me.

Just recently someone posted a thread about earning a little extra money and I just posted that by going out a few nights a week I can earn xxx a month, I had 10 PM's the next morning....and 6 of those have asked for more info (after I sent a PM explaining what PC do).

I hope that this is okay through the rules...but as far as I can tell none of those ladies have ever even been to a party before, so they don't ahve a consultant linked to them and they are actually my friends for years, I just don't see them in person.

It is my understanding is that you can say that you are an "INDEPENDENT" Consultant with the Pampered Chef and you can give them your contact information, inculding e-mail. You are just not allowed to put a link to your website on any forums or boards (like MySpace, MeetUp, Etc)

I say network where you can : )

Muppetgal said:
Just recently someone posted a thread about earning a little extra money and I just posted that by going out a few nights a week I can earn xxx a month, I had 10 PM's the next morning....and 6 of those have asked for more info (after I sent a PM explaining what PC do).

I hope that this is okay through the rules...but as far as I can tell none of those ladies have ever even been to a party before, so they don't ahve a consultant linked to them and they are actually my friends for years, I just don't see them in person.

That sounds fine to me. The issues ocme into play when you mention Pampered Chef on online forums/groups (like yahoo).

1. How much information can I share on message boards?

As a general rule, it is recommended to only share information that you are comfortable with being publicly available. Avoid sharing personal information such as your full name, address, or phone number. Stick to sharing relevant information and avoid oversharing.

2. Can I share photos on message boards?

Yes, you can share photos on message boards. However, make sure you have the right to share the photo and that it is appropriate for the forum. Avoid sharing photos that may be offensive or violate any copyright laws.

3. Can I share links on message boards?

Yes, you can share links on message boards as long as they are relevant to the discussion and do not violate any forum rules. However, avoid spamming the forum with excessive links and make sure the links are legitimate and safe for others to click on.

4. Is it okay to share my personal experiences on message boards?

Yes, sharing personal experiences can be helpful to others and contribute to the discussion on message boards. However, be mindful of how much personal information you share and avoid oversharing sensitive or private details.

5. Can I share information about other companies or products on message boards?

While sharing information about other companies or products may be allowed on some message boards, it is always best to check the forum rules first. Avoid promoting other companies or products excessively, as it may be considered spam and could result in your posts being removed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpnina
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • jcsmilez