• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Items to Suggest New Recruit Add to Kit?

M
MicheleC
I have a recruit doing her kickoff show next week and was wondering what everyone thought would be the best additions to the new kit for using her free and half-price items.

The stoneware fluted pan and the new round SA tray for sure! And the trifle bowl.

And whatever other stoneware she might want since it's on sale!

Our forged knife honer- they have the forged knife, but no way to keep it sharp!

All The Best Cookbook (cookbooks usually only sell when they can see them- pass it around at shows!)

Smooth Edge Can opener

Large Scoop

BethCooks4U said:
The stoneware fluted pan and the new round SA tray for sure! And the trifle bowl.
Oops! Just realized it's a February show! She can't get the SA round tray or the trifle bowl yet. Sorry.:eek:

I like having the large square platter for serving/presentation (good if she can't get the round tray yet). The BBQ Turner is nice for summer (not a necessity to start but nice to show when summer weather comes). A second cutting board is always handy if you don't want to clean mid-show. I like having a bread knife, egg slicer, kitchen shears, micro cooker, large serving spatula, and the rest of the scrapers on hand... Oh, and dying to get a new TTA in black for spring shows!

Those are the things I like outside of the stoneware and cookbook recommendations which are VERY good recommendations.

Def. another piece of stoneware(fluted or DCB) and the TTA. The TTA is so handy, but she might want to wait until the black one is available....hmmm same with kitchen shears.
I would suggest getting a full set of prep bowls too.
But most definitely more stoneware.

Prep Bowls!!!!!! (Full set)

Definitely the DCB for the 30 min. chicken. Can opener, micro-cooker, EAD These are just a few that I know I have bought/earned that weren't in my kit & I use all the time.

Prep bowls for sure. That, I think, is the biggest flaw with the new kit. They should give them all six. Otherwise...maybe one of the wovens? Maybe the 12" skillet for skillet cakes, those are always a hit! Hmm, what could I not live without? Oh! Especially since it's stoneware season, buy one of the New Traditions pieces, maybe the mini or the small oval...maybe some of the Chef's Tools. I definitely dig the TTA but I would certainly wait for the new one-there's no sense in trying to sell the old one.

rebeccastt said:
Prep Bowls!!!!!! (Full set)

Yes, forgot about that - I was SOOOO wishing to have all 6 in the new kit...2 didn't make it far...

Black TTA to hold all her new tools!

Thanks for all of these great suggestions! I didn't realize the new kit didn't have the can opener. That seems like such a necessity!! Of course I don't remember what was in the old kit either as I had soo much stuff when I started from holding prior shows :D.

Now we need a great show to get her all of the ideas you have.

I second the fluted pan and the can opener and the prep bowls. Tell her to get the scraper collection at 1/2 off if she can, as pretty much everyone at every show buys at least one of those! The large grooved cutting board is a good one, especially if she does one of the new recipes with pineapple in it. Also the Santoku knife is a huge hit when people see it in person. A Tiled and Striped small bowl would be a good addition, so people can see what they look like. The baker's roller would also be good, as I use that more than I would have thought. Okay, I could probably list the whole catalog :), so I better stop now...

I suggestThe Large Round stone is a must, also the All the Best cookbook, a piece of cookware for half off and some chef's tools.

I do love the prep bowl set, and I love my handy scrapers when I'm cutting stuff on my cutting board at shows.

The classic scraper, a scoop for wreaths, and the baker's roller.

Debbie :D

I would recommend the Chef's Knife as opposed to the Santoku--much more useful.

Don't forget our Clock/Timer!!!!!! It's great to time recipes in the oven and for laundry reminders when to go back and put in bleach or take out of the machine--especially when it's not your own and you live in a complex.

Make sure to check the Paperwork supply list - there are various items (like the Easy Accent Decorator) that she can purchase one time only for 50% off. And she can get the new spring items everyone mentioned on the sample order - 50% off. So I wouldn't get them at her show.

Can Opener, Cutting Board with Measuring Cups, Stoneware - Deep Dish Baker (there are so many dip recipes - I make one at every show!).

Joanne

Large Round Stone ... FOR SURE!

Oooh the timer! That's a good one! Great at shows when the oven's in the other room and you don't hear the timer over the fabulous time everyone's having! Also good for the question game!

DebbieJ said:
I would recommend the Chef's Knife as opposed to the Santoku--much more useful.
Actually, I use my Santoku for everything that I would use my Chef's knife for- they seem to both serve about the same purpose. I think the Santoku knife is more popular with guests right now, so I would actually vote for her to get the Santoku over the Chef's....or better yet, GET THEM ALL FOR HALF PRICE!

KellyTheChef said:
Actually, I use my Santoku for everything that I would use my Chef's knife for- they seem to both serve about the same purpose. I think the Santoku knife is more popular with guests right now, so I would actually vote for her to get the Santoku over the Chef's....or better yet, GET THEM ALL FOR HALF PRICE!

We had a professional chef come speak to our cluster and do a hands on knife class with us. The Santoku and the Chef's Knife are NOT interchangeable. The Chef's Knife should be the workhorse of your kitchen. The Santoku is actually a specialty knife and it's unfortunate that a certain tv COOK (she is NOT a chef) has popularized its misuse.

I think too many of the tv cooks overuse the santoku and make other knives seem obsolete. I wish they would realize what they are meant to be!

Ack, I just realized I only purchased 1 of the items you'll mentioned. Was thinking more of what I wanted in my kitchen rather than what I needed to upgrade my kit.(lol) Oh well, guess I'll have to suffer through another month or two.

1. What items should I suggest for the new recruit to add to her kit?

As a scientist, I suggest considering the following factors when choosing items to suggest for a new recruit's kit:

• The recruit's target audience: Consider what types of products would be most appealing to potential customers in her network.
  • Trending products: Look at current market trends and suggest items that are in demand.
  • High-value items: Recommend products with a higher price point, as they can result in higher profits for the recruit.
  • Versatile products: Suggest items that can be used for multiple purposes, as this will appeal to a wider range of customers.
  • Personal recommendations: Based on the recruit's interests and preferences, suggest items that she would personally use and feel confident promoting to others.

2. How many items should I suggest for the new recruit to add to her kit?

There is no set number of items that should be suggested for a new recruit's kit. It is important to strike a balance between offering a variety of products and overwhelming the recruit with too many choices. I recommend suggesting around 10-15 items to start with, and then allowing the recruit to choose a few additional items that she is interested in.

3. Should I suggest more free items or half-price items for the new recruit's kit?

Both free and half-price items can be effective in attracting customers and generating sales. It ultimately depends on the recruit's personal goals and preferences. If she is looking to quickly build her customer base, suggesting more free items may be beneficial. However, if she is focused on making higher profits, suggesting more half-price items can help her achieve this.

4. Can I suggest items that are not listed in the company's catalog?

It is generally best to stick to items that are listed in the company's catalog, as these have been tested and approved for sale. However, if there is a specific product that the recruit is interested in and it aligns with the company's values and policies, it may be possible to suggest it as an addition to her kit.

5. What should I do if the new recruit is not interested in any of the suggested items?

If the recruit is not interested in any of the suggested items, it is important to listen to her reasons and concerns. This can provide valuable insight into her preferences and what may be hindering her from being excited about the products. You can then offer alternative suggestions or work together to find a compromise that satisfies both the recruit and the company's objectives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • tada
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • SheCooks