• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Future Director Question & Opinion on a Recruit

In summary, both consultants need to be active in order to be FD. If one of them goes inactive, the other consultant can still remain an FD until the year is up.
lisacb77
It's just 2 consultants to be FD right? So if my one and only recruit aka kitnapper goes inactive March 1, if I get a second recruit I'm still an FD right? That is, until the year runs out on #1 inactive?

Speaking of this inactive recruit, I think I want to send her one last email. You guys might remember this was (at the time) a friend and co-worker of mine. Very reliable but unhappy with her day job and a lot of health issues etc. going on. I'd pretty much turned it over to my director and released.

Well after she put in her notice, we had lunch before she left and she said with the new job being closer to home and less stressful/less hours, she'd like to get her biz started up. I told her whatever she needed, and have even just sent a few notes or forwarded our director's emails on trainings etc. to make sure she got them. Of course no response.

I want to send her one more note before she becomes inactive. How should I word this? Maybe something like:

"I know you expressed an interest in getting your PC biz off the ground. I just wanted to let you know as your recruiter, I'm here to support you in any way you would like.

I am not sure if you are aware or got the notice from HO that your status will be inactive as of March 1 unless you submit $200 by Feb. 28. I would hate to see you lose the opportunity to order samples and maintain your discount! I know you are also in a time of transition with your new job.

Just remember even if this is not the right time for your biz, all it takes is $200 in sales in one month anytime from this March through the next 12 months to reactivate. I as well as our director (will use her name here) are happy to help where ever you'd like us to in your biz. Just follow-up with me when you are ready. I would hate to keep sending you messages and seem like a Pampered Pest!"

What do y'all think? I wanted to make sure she knows what would happen to her and let her make the call and contact me when she wants, if she ever wants. Does it come across that way???

P.S. I also feel like I wouldn't be doing my job as a recruiter if I didn't send this.

Lisa~

Sounds good to me! Sometimes people are afraid to tell us that is just isn't going to work out right now, and you have given her the option to bow out gracefully if she needs to. Plus, you have shown that you will support her if/when the time IS right for her.

Great, thanks Kelly! It's just sensitive as I don't want to lose her as a friend so appreciate the feedback. I think next time someone close to me wants to sign I will say "please don't do this just for me, do this if you want to do it for you"...not that this is the case here but you never know!

lisacb77 said:
It's just 2 consultants to be FD right? So if my one and only recruit aka kitnapper goes inactive March 1, if I get a second recruit I'm still an FD right? That is, until the year runs out on #1 inactive?

To be a FD both consultants need to be active.

Instead of note, I'd suggest a short and simple phone call. Notes (while easier for us to send and make sure we word everything just right :) ) aren't as personal as a phone call. Maybe keep your note in front of you so you cover what you want but I'd call :)

That's a good point. The only thing I dread in calling her is a long complaint about my employer. Apparently she had some issues with her last paycheck being wrong, which resulted in her bouncing a check to us on an auction item she bought from me. Oy vey! Maybe I'll wait a week for that to settle.

why doesn't she put in for a leave of absence? then she wont lose her career sales, she's still considered active for your FD benefits, and she has 3 months then to get settled. and it costs her nothing but an email.

that's what i would suggest. I wouldn't even bring up the "all you have to do to re-activate" thing--she probably doesn't care about that right now.

just my thoughts

I have a consultant with back issues...she put in for a leave and hopefully things will work out.

Don't let her leave! She may regret it later. This is such a better solution!

I totally forgot about leaves! She had heart issues in December so this would qualify her right? I have no problem emailing her about that. I could just say, by the way, you can put in for a leave of absence since you had the health probs so you don't lose your status. That's fairly nonoffensive.

How long does the leave last?

you can take a leave for 3 months

So would her leave start now or March 1??

From what I understand, it would start the first month that they would've gone inactive.

They are supposed to send a confirmation email to the consultant and director with the dates spelled out--but I have yet to receive one and I've had 3 girls do a leave now!!

Okay, she would go inactive March 1, so that would give her until the end of May to get her act together? During that time, if she submits anything does that take her off leave? I just want to be sure I completely understand before I offer the option.

I believe that is right Lisa!

You know what y'all, she wouldn't be able to apply for it. The policy states that the consultant had to have already submitted sales. She has not. RATS.

What qualities do you look for in a potential recruit?

As a future director, I believe it is important for a recruit to possess strong communication skills, leadership abilities, adaptability, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn and grow.

How do you evaluate a recruit's potential for success?

In addition to assessing a recruit's qualifications and experience, I pay attention to their attitude, work ethic, and ability to work well with others. I also look for potential for growth and their alignment with the company's values and goals.

What do you think sets apart a standout recruit from others?

A standout recruit stands out because they have a unique combination of skills, experience, and personality that make them a valuable asset to the company. They also have a strong drive and determination to succeed, and are able to consistently deliver high-quality work.

How do you handle a recruit who may not meet all of the desired qualifications?

I believe that qualifications are not the only factor in determining a recruit's potential for success. If a recruit shows potential and a willingness to learn, I am open to providing training and support to help them develop the necessary skills for the job.

What advice would you give to a potential recruit looking to impress during the hiring process?

My advice would be to showcase your unique skills and experiences, be open to learning and feedback, and demonstrate your passion and enthusiasm for the job. It's also important to be honest, genuine, and professional throughout the hiring process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cochef
  • mrslulu2012
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Tenille V.
  • ChefBeckyD