• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Start up Costs for Other Ds Companies

In summary, the Taste of Home Entertaining kit includes $199 worth of products, Southern Living at Home kit includes $199 worth of products, Silpada includes $199 worth of products, Tastefully Simple kit includes $170 worth of products, Do-Re-Me & You kit includes $99.99 worth of products, Home Interiors kit includes as little as $99.00 worth of products, Mary Kay kit includes $99 worth of products, Discovery Toys kit includes $99 worth of products, Homemade Gourmet kit includes $79 worth of products, Tupperware kit includes $59.99 worth of products, Party Lite kit includes free, with a starter show of $350Creative Memories kit includes at least
DebbieJ
Finally compiled a list...here ya go!

Taste of Home Entertaining $199 + $20 shipping
Southern Living at Home $199
Silpada $199
Tastefully Simple $170
Do-Re-Me & You $99.99
Home Interiors as little as $99.00
Mary Kay $99
Discovery Toys $99 ($300 value)
Homemade Gourmet $79 plus minimum $200 order
Tupperware $59.99 or $99.99
Party Lite Free, with a starter show of $350

Creative Memories $145
Essence of Romance at least $250
Stampin Up at least $99
Vantel Pearls $149
Avon $15Many others at http://www.internetbasedmoms.com/direct-sales/

Stampin Up is $199 including shipping (per their catalog anyway)

A question and point I like to make is... does this include their computer software, do they have to maintain an inventory cost, do they have to buy other products when they become available, how much are their catalogs and paperwork?
I always use the selling point for our kit is...."It has everything you need for your first shows, including even prize drawing slips, 50 catalogs, and even prizes for your 1st shows and hosts. This is simply for you to try out the business and see if the apron fits". So why not give it a try?

I don't know what these costs all include. Of course they don't give a ton of info on their websites and I wasn't about to go posing as a potential recruit to dig deeper.

I think what this list gives us is the CONFIDENCE to still offer our opportunity at $155 knowing that we are right in the running with all the others and that our kit includes EVERYTHING a new consultant needs to get started!

I was just talking to a Home Interiors rep this week and she bought her kit in October and it is now already obsolete because they have changed over their inventory. Our kit, on the other hand, includes classics that have been and will be with PC for years to come! Our kit is never obsolete!

Thanks for sharing this info, good to have and know!

C. Schapker said:
A question and point I like to make is... does this include their computer software, do they have to maintain an inventory cost, do they have to buy other products when they become available, how much are their catalogs and paperwork?
I always use the selling point for our kit is...."It has everything you need for your first shows, including even prize drawing slips, 50 catalogs, and even prizes for your 1st shows and hosts. This is simply for you to try out the business and see if the apron fits". So why not give it a try?
And what about other fees. For instance Longaberger charges their consultants a yearly fee to re-up their contract. We pay nothing! Even the most inactive consultant would only have to submit $200 once a year (in one calendar month) and never have to pay extra fees to stay a consultant.

Stampin Up is on sale this month.

Uppercase Living - $149.00 (basic), $249.00 (deluxe)
Swanky Chic Scrapbook Boutique- $200.00

(BTW - This is mine and DH's new business venture...LOL)

1. What are the initial start-up costs for joining a direct sales company?

The start-up costs for joining a direct sales company can vary depending on the company. Some companies may have a low start-up cost of around $50, while others may have a higher start-up cost of $500 or more. It is important to research and compare different companies to find the best fit for your budget.

2. Are there any ongoing fees or costs associated with being part of a direct sales company?

Yes, there may be ongoing fees or costs associated with being part of a direct sales company. These can include monthly or annual membership fees, website hosting fees, and marketing materials fees. It is important to carefully read the company's policies and compensation plan to understand any ongoing fees or costs.

3. Are there any hidden costs that I should be aware of when joining a direct sales company?

It is important to read the company's policies and compensation plan carefully to understand any potential hidden costs. Some direct sales companies may require a minimum sales quota or purchase requirements, which could result in additional costs. It is also important to factor in any shipping and handling fees for products that you sell.

4. Are there any incentives or discounts available to help offset start-up costs?

Many direct sales companies offer incentives and discounts to help offset start-up costs. These can include discounted starter kits, free products, or bonus commissions for meeting certain sales goals. It is always a good idea to ask the company about any current promotions or incentives before joining.

5. Can I earn back my start-up costs quickly in a direct sales company?

The time it takes to earn back your start-up costs in a direct sales company can vary depending on your individual sales and efforts. Some people may earn back their start-up costs within a few weeks, while others may take longer. It is important to have a realistic understanding of the potential for earnings and to set achievable goals for yourself.

Back