• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Am Looking for Doris/Pampered Chef Giving Facts

In Summary, the Pampered Chef has a long history of giving back to the community through established partnerships with America's Second Harvest food bank network, the Canadian Association of Food Banks (CAFB), the American Cancer Society®, the Canadian Cancer Society, and the University of Illinois College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences. They also have a Family Resiliency Program and have donated leftover products to America's Second Harvest for promotions in the past.
sillylittlechef
I am thinking about talking to the opportunity to a lady I know who really believes in service and giving back. I know that there are many things over the years that the Christopher family and PC have done. Does anyone have a compialation of these facts that I could give to my lead?
She is thinking of re-joining another company, but I really think PC is a better fit for her and know that if she knew of what PC and Doris has done for community she might be more likely to join us.

And I think it would be interesting to put this out at shows once in awhile to showcase what a great company PC is to work with.
TIA

There are links and articles on CC about just those things!

All the information you are looking for is under Promoting your business/about our company.

Here's what's under "about our charitable giving programs":

Charitable Giving: Sharing the Fruits of Success

The Pampered Chef believes in giving back to the community by making a difference in the lives of others. The company does this through established partnerships with America's Second Harvest food bank network, the Canadian Association of Food Banks (CAFB), the American Cancer Society®, the Canadian Cancer Society, and the University of Illinois College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences.

Round-Up from the Heart®
The Pampered Chef® realizes that its shared mealtime mission is not a reality for all people. In an effort to feed the millions of Americans that go hungry each year, Cooking Show guests are encouraged to "round-up" their product orders to the nearest dollar or more. Funds are distributed to America's Second Harvest national network of hunger relief organizations and the Canadian Association of Food Banks (CAFB), and are used in the community where the donations originated — making Round-Up from the Heart® a national campaign with a local impact. In addition, each year the company introduces a special collectible product, and donates a portion of the proceeeds from each product purchased directly to America's Second Harvest and the CAFB. Since the program's inception in 1991, The Pampered Chef's U.S. and Canadian customers and Consultants have raised nearly $11 million in the fight to end hunger. The Pampered Chef's Round-Up from the Heart is proud to be America's Second Harvest's longest running national fundraising campaign.

Learn more about Round-Up from the Heart®.

Help Whip Cancer®
Breast cancer affects the lives of families every day. In fact, more than 216,000 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and many of these women — nearly 40,000 wives, mothers, daughters, sisters and friends — will die from the disease. Through its Help Whip Cancer campaign, The Pampered Chef has collaborated with the American Cancer Society® to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer education and early detection programs. Each May, Pampered Chef Consultants raise money from the sale of special limited edition products, hold special Fund-raiser Cooking Shows and tell others about the importance of regular breast cancer screening and checkups. Funds raised are distributed to breast cancer education and early detection programs across the U.S. through the American Cancer Society®.

The Pampered Chef® Family Resiliency Program
In 2000, The Pampered Chef made a financial commitment to the University of Illinois College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences in Urbana-Champaign to establish The Pampered Chef Family Resiliency Program. The program consists of a lecture series, faculty research grants and graduate fellowships in the area of strengthening families. In 2003, Doris Christopher and her family broke ground on the Doris Kelley Christopher Hall at the University of Illinois to house the program. This world-class family resiliency center
will be the home of innovative research, education and outreach initiatives to enrich the well-being of children, individuals and families. Click the link below to view a list of our upcoming, as well as past, lecture series speakers.

Learn more about The Pampered Chef® Family Resiliency Program. http://www.familyresiliency.uiuc.edu/

Someone who I was talking to told me that the Christopher family has a building at another college (not University of Illinois) But I can't remember the name and don't know when I will see this lady again.
Also, what award did she just win and what was it for.
Thanks for all the info Beth---sometimes I forget to look on CC

If you look at the list of donors on America's Second Harvest website, you'll see that Jay and Doris also make a large personal contribution as well.

Last year, the company also donated a whole bunch of leftover HWC products to ACS to use in promotions.

I also heard that the Christophers had given money for building projects at another college--I think it's local. Off to figure that out...

FOUND IT! It's at Concordia University in River Forest. The Christopher Center http://cuchicago.edu/news_and_events/construction_pictures/christopher_center/index.asp
It's a Lutheran college, so that was my first tip. :)

Last edited:
sillylittlechef said:
Someone who I was talking to told me that the Christopher family has a building at another college (not University of Illinois) But I can't remember the name and don't know when I will see this lady again.

It was the Horatio Alger award. Some kind of thing for entepreneurs, but I don't have any specifics. I'm sure you could find info if you Googled it.

If you view the history of the company on the main website (not CC) you can see some of the things they've done. Also, maybe check into the book by Doris...

Doris' book is a great read if the lady would take the time to read it. It tells an amazing story of success with a simple idea.....

sillylittlechef said:

Valparaiso University (I live in Valparaiso myself!) has the Christopher Center Library. The Christopher's gave a $15 million donation to fund a great part of the construction. It is an awesome building, with a beautiful picture of Doris and Jay (a VU Alumni) in the main entrance outside of the Board Room.

If you ever pass thru Valparaiso via Rt 30, check it out!

This is all such great info! Thanks so much. I had no idea the Christophers were so RICH! wow! That sure is a lot of money. But, it's so great to know that they give to so many causes. Thanks for all the info. I think it will help a lot

wow! I've never really toured the non-consultant side to The Pampered Chef website before. That time line tour is really cool. If anyone hasn't watched it I recommend it. It really gives some excellent information about the company. Thanks janetupnorth!

sillylittlechef said:
wow! I've never really toured the non-consultant side to The Pampered Chef website before. That time line tour is really cool. If anyone hasn't watched it I recommend it. It really gives some excellent information about the company. Thanks janetupnorth!

You're very welcome! :D
I usually research well so I wasn't about to join PC without seeing at least what they put out there...

I have never seen it on CC but my director once mentioned some type of program for 3rd world countries...some type of program where a woman could get a loan to start a business. When she pays it back, another person has a chance at the money. Some type of co-op. Does anyone know anything about that?

What is "I Am Looking for Doris" and how does it relate to Pampered Chef?

"I Am Looking for Doris" is a fundraising campaign organized by Pampered Chef in partnership with Feeding America. It aims to support families and individuals facing food insecurity by donating a portion of the sales from selected Pampered Chef products to Feeding America. By purchasing these products, customers are not only getting high-quality kitchen tools, but also contributing to a meaningful cause.

What is Feeding America and how does Pampered Chef work with them?

Feeding America is the largest hunger-relief organization in the United States. They work to provide food assistance to millions of Americans who struggle with hunger. Pampered Chef partners with Feeding America through the "I Am Looking for Doris" campaign, where a portion of the sales from selected products is donated to the organization to support their efforts in fighting food insecurity.

How long will the "I Am Looking for Doris" campaign last?

The "I Am Looking for Doris" campaign will run from September 1, 2021 to December 31, 2021. During this time, customers can purchase the selected products to support the campaign and help those facing food insecurity.

What products are included in the "I Am Looking for Doris" campaign?

The products included in the "I Am Looking for Doris" campaign may vary depending on your region. However, they are typically kitchen tools and accessories that are popular and frequently used by Pampered Chef customers. These products will be marked with a special "I Am Looking for Doris" logo to indicate that a portion of the sales will be donated to Feeding America.

How can I get involved with the "I Am Looking for Doris" campaign?

There are several ways to get involved with the "I Am Looking for Doris" campaign. You can purchase the selected products and spread the word to your friends and family. You can also host a Pampered Chef party and have a portion of the sales from your party donated to Feeding America. Additionally, you can make a direct donation to Feeding America through the Pampered Chef website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• makeawhisk
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • futurechefinPA
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Danamaki
  • Sheila