• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Your Life Your Way Dvd at Show?

In summary, Desiree recommends distributing DVDs of "Your Life Your Way" at the end of a church service or show to potential customers. She suggests playing a clip from the DVD at the show to encourage guests to order.
lisacb77
I just got through watching the new training DVD...they talk about showing the Your Life Your Way DVD at the end of the show.

Anyone planning to do this?

Also, does anyone plan to put a DVD in each host packet as they suggest??

Just curious. I may have to add this next month as I didn't think about ordering any and won't get them before my Sunday show.

I think I'm going to start putting them into host packs. And maybe showing it at the show - but only a couple of minutes.

I had it running at a bridal fair this weekend, but it was so loud in the room that it really was just moving pictures to attract people. :)

It did seem a little long. But I guess if that's the last thing you put on and then disappear to the other room for orders they can watch as much or little as they want.

At our meeting the other night there was a cute suggestion to put them in recruiting packet along with a mini-bag of microwave popcorn and the brochure.
Another really good suggestion was have the host show it on TV while guests are filling out their order forms and checking out. I am definitely gonna do that!

lisacb77 said:
It did seem a little long. But I guess if that's the last thing you put on and then disappear to the other room for orders they can watch as much or little as they want.
That first part that's just the general blurb is actually only 8 1/2 minutes long. It's really not too long. I like the idea of playing it on the host's tv while you're in another room taking orders.

Thanks :) Yes I thought that way they may not realize it's 8 mins :)

I showed it at my last show. I only showed the 2nd testimonial, the one with the military mom.

It went over well and I got a recruit lead out of it! I would definitely do it!!;)

I think that is a really cool idea to do. I am seriously thinking of including them in the hosts packets as well.

Desiree,
You said you "went over it well". Would you share some of your words with us?

Did that DVD come in our change of box?

letscook04 said:
Did that DVD come in our change of box?
It came in a separate recruiting info mailing in January. They're on supply order- FL12, 5 for $6.00

chefann said:
It came in a separate recruiting info mailing in January. They're on supply order- FL12, 5 for $6.00

Oh that one that I never got!! I called HO last week and they said that they will send one out to me.. :rolleyes:

PS still waiting for it!!!

pchefstef said:
Desiree,
You said you "went over it well". Would you share some of your words with us?

I had mentioned the opportunity once before in the show to kind of get a feel for the guests since it was going to be my first time showing it. When I was pretty much done with the show other than taking orders is when I brought up the DVD.

I told them that I had a great little clip I wanted to show them about the PC business and why I like my job so much. I joked and let them know that it wasn't very long and I'd love their feedback on it (if it was good to show to people who were interested in the business).

From that show one of the girls who booked a show just closed tonight. While we were going over things she had mentioned that she is very interested in the business now! So that is 2 recruit leads from the show that only had 5 guests!!!

By the way guys...here's my follow-up.

I had more ppl tell me that they thought me personally telling my story is more effective than the DVD. I used the approach suggested here of telling them I wanted to get their feedback on if they thought it would be useful to someone considering the biz.

Many of them said the reason why is they knew I was a "real" person...there is no way to know if the ppl in the DVD are actors, etc. and paid. Thought that was very interesting!

SO...I think I may order some on supply to give to recruit leads, but I'll wait until I have to give away my copy first. Just thought y'all might find the feedback interesting. Not to discourage anyone but just provide some thoughts from customers.

I have to watch it still, but my D said she heard all the AD's were loving it! Strange thing~ at my show on Sunday, my host said oh, too bad you don't have something short for us to watch about Pampered Chef!.. wow, I was going to bring it but didn't remember. I did talk about recruiting to her (seems obvious) but she does CMem. (about once a year) and is rather a high-anxiety person. I am not sure I WANT her under me! (Am I being too picky? My hubby got to the point of saying "It's her again" whenever our phone rang! HA!)

I say if she's gonna sign, might as well be under you...but I had one consultant that I honestly thought was CRAZY! I felt bad, but I avoided her phone calls like the plague!

I forgot about it at my last show! I will have to try it this weekend. I was really excited when it came out, but I haven't had a lot of shows recently (Sunday is my day to get the bookings, baby!) to do it, and then I forgot! DOH!

Thanks for the reminder!!!

I had been telling myself I would start showing it at the end of my parties too, but never did. I felt a little weird about doing it. Like it inhibited their talking time. It is pretty short though. I have been including it in my host packets and handing them out to recruit leads. So far I haven't gotten much response (about the DVD in general).

I put it in all my host packages and recruiting packages, but just recently. So far have not shown it at a show though.

I thought perhaps I would show it as guests were arriving, sort of have it on in the background.

When I suggested watching it at a show, not only my director but the senior director for our area Poo Poo'd me!!!

You know what, I think I'm going to try showing it anyway....

When do you play the dvd at your shows?

pamperedbecky said:
That first part that's just the general blurb is actually only 8 1/2 minutes long. It's really not too long.

See, the new handbook says to show the "brief clip" from the DVD, so I started scouring it looking for something brief. 8+ minutes isn't that long at, say, an opportunity event. But at a show, when we should be keeping our demo to 45ish minutes anyway, I thought it was a bit much.

I wish there were a briefer "teaser" overview.

Momma23boys said:
I am not sure I WANT her under me! (Am I being too picky? My hubby got to the point of saying "It's her again" whenever our phone rang! HA!)
No, I don't think you're being too picky at all. You have to work with people you like or else it won't work anyway, and you want your job to be fun!

1. What is the "Your Life Your Way DVD at Show" about?

The "Your Life Your Way DVD at Show" is a special DVD created by Pampered Chef to help our customers learn how to use our products in new and creative ways. It features cooking demonstrations, recipe ideas, and tips and tricks for making the most out of your Pampered Chef tools.

2. How long is the "Your Life Your Way DVD at Show"?

The DVD is approximately 45 minutes long, but it can also be paused and re-watched at any time. It is designed to be a fun and informative experience for our customers.

3. Is the "Your Life Your Way DVD at Show" only for experienced cooks?

No, the DVD is perfect for cooks of all levels. Whether you are a beginner looking to learn new techniques or an experienced cook looking for inspiration, there is something for everyone in the "Your Life Your Way DVD at Show".

4. Can I purchase the "Your Life Your Way DVD at Show" online?

Unfortunately, the DVD is only available at Pampered Chef shows and through our independent consultants. However, you can also find similar cooking demonstrations and recipes on our website and social media pages.

5. How much does the "Your Life Your Way DVD at Show" cost?

The DVD is complimentary when you host a Pampered Chef show with a minimum of $200 in sales. Otherwise, it can be purchased for a small fee. Contact your consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefChris
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • kittychef