• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Am I Trying Too Hard? Balancing Success and Recruiting in My Business

In summary, the average length of time it takes a consultant to become a future director is about 2 1/2 years. The best way to recruit new consultants is by being genuine and ask them what they would do with an extra $400 a month.
britishchef
I have someone in my cluster who started a month before me. She is now a Future Director.. but I don't have any recruits yet. I talked to her tonight and congratulated her and she said she doesn't really care about recruiting at all and doesn't really want Directorship. I restrained myself from yelling THEN SEND THEM TO ME! but I wonder, am I trying too hard? I try not to be pushy (for a very good reason, someone else local to me in my cluster is VERY pushy and has a pretty bad reputation). I guess I always just think about how PC was so great for me and I wish I had signed sooner. Anyway, I don't have anymore shows till the end of the month so not even any recruiting possibilities until then really.

Last edited:
Generally speaking, most new Consultants do not become Future Directors in one month; so please do not let that make you think you are doing anything wrong.

If you are truly interested in recruiting, make sure you tell your Director your goal and look to your Director for how to do this. I am not sure the average length of time a Consultant takes to become a Director, but I took about 2 1/2 years. I think that might be a very common length of time.

The best advice I have is to truly make sure you ask everyone and do not 'throw up' on them at the show. Give just a little information and then schedule time to chat with them and get your Director involved with this process.

Lisa

Thanks Lisa. I have been trying to just be genuine about why I love my job... I guess I just think it's so great, everyone should want to join and I don't understand when they don't!

Amber don't worry about it. I am coming up one 1 yr and have had no recruits, no interests. I also believe that being too pushy is a definite turn off. I do offer the opportunity at my shows, but if they aren't interested I just leave it alone. I am probably the only one in my cluster that doesn't have any recruits under me. However my cluster is in a bigger city than I live in. We can't force people to sign, but I am sure that my day is coming. When it does, I will be shouting so loud that you will be able to hear me in the UK. Keep on truckin' Valky

Try something new at your shows - make recruiting all about them! Don't go on and on about how wonderful it has been for you. Ask them at the begining of the show to think what they would do with an extra $400 a month (I don't know the pounds, sorry) and write it on the top of their receipt. Worst case scenario, you'll see that when you check them out and you'll be able to talk to them about how PC can fit their needs.

Thanks Valky! I suppose a lot of it is luck too. You just can't know who will be at your shows and what they want. I do have one recruit lead from a fair, a woman filled out a prize drawing slip and checked 'more info' for the opportunity, and she genuinely did want more info. She just had a baby 3 weeks ago though!

That's a great idea Kate. I average £200 a month (3-4 shows) so I could ask that.

Looking at the $470 national average (I don't know what yours is over there), a consultant will earn about $100 with each show - providing they meet the average. $400 = one show a week.

It's lower here, £260, and our commission is fixed at 20%. *sigh*

My problem is I don't or haven't tried much at all but really want recruits! I guess I just have to ask everyone!

Why is the commission fixed? That's just silly!

I can definately understand your concern. I am a new consultant, entering my fourth month, and no recruits either. One just slipped away, and that was my closest one. I am trying not to be pushy either, as I dont like when people are that way with me either. I am not good at phone calls, I've tried it, but I have to muster up courage to do it, then I feel like I harrassed people afterwards.

It may work for some, but my personality is not like that.

I need to really work at it. It my goal for this month!!

Okay. Here is my story. I have been in this business since Nov. I have ONE signed and 2 in the wings. The way I got them was just letting them know what they could do with the extra money. Most of the people that I recruit tend to be in my "circle" like stay at home moms or something like that. I would also not "throw up" on them *yuck to think about since I am eating lunch. yuk! But schedule a date where you can talk to the potential about the business.

When I started to worry more about them than me, it just happened!

Listen to their needs and caring about them is the way to go. We have something that can help many people. It's all about offering it to people.

That's it....not any harder.....

Just make it about THEM, and the rest will come!

I like that idea. I have started trying that approach with customers & hosts, making it all about them, and it seems to work nicely. I think I'll try this approach in my show this weekend!

jwpamp said:
When I started to worry more about them than me, it just happened!

Listen to their needs and caring about them is the way to go. We have something that can help many people. It's all about offering it to people.

That's it....not any harder.....

Just make it about THEM, and the rest will come!

What Janice said. :)

1. How can I balance my success and recruiting efforts in my business?

Balancing success and recruiting in your business requires setting clear goals and prioritizing your time and efforts accordingly. It's important to focus on both maintaining your current success and actively seeking new recruits. You can do this by setting specific time blocks for each task and consistently following through with them.

2. What are some common signs that I may be trying too hard in my business?

Some common signs that you may be trying too hard include feeling burnt out, neglecting your personal life or other important responsibilities, and constantly feeling overwhelmed. These signs indicate that you may need to reassess your priorities and find a more balanced approach to your business.

3. How can I avoid burning out while trying to achieve success and recruit for my business?

To avoid burnout, it's important to take breaks and prioritize self-care. This can include setting boundaries for your work hours, taking time off when needed, and engaging in activities that bring you joy outside of your business. It's also important to delegate tasks and ask for help when necessary.

4. What are some effective ways to recruit for my business without overextending myself?

One effective way to recruit for your business without overextending yourself is to focus on building genuine relationships and connections with potential recruits. This can include networking events, social media outreach, and hosting informational sessions. It's also important to have a clear understanding of your target market and focus your efforts on reaching those individuals.

5. How can I maintain my current success while also focusing on recruiting for my business?

To maintain your current success while also focusing on recruiting, it's important to have a strong support system in place. This can include a team of dedicated individuals who can help with tasks and responsibilities, as well as mentors or coaches who can offer guidance and support. Additionally, setting clear goals and priorities can help you stay on track and avoid getting overwhelmed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• reedcanchef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • slhalepc
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
slhalepc
  • sassypip