• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Advice- My Recruit Is Selling Pampered Chef @ Vendors Mall

In summary, this woman is selling a pizza stone for $12 at a vendor mall. She is not making any money due to the fact that people are buying it for full price and not paying for the warranty.
KYCHEF
:confused: I need some major advice here. My last recruit told me she had a booth at the "Vendors Mall" where she sold this and that. Well a coworker of mine came in this morning and said, "Somebody's cutting your throat at the vendors mall, they had a pizza stone for $12". I am not certain but this has to be her - this town is not that big- and I just have that feeling! What do I do? I know we're not allowed to do that - but how do I explain it to her nicely? Please help!!

Well I know that we can't even buy for ourselves the large pizza stone for $12! I would ask her exactly what she is doing. She might be paying for a booth and offering discounts on some stuff if people book parties. You never know unless you get the full story from her.

Is she selling it cash and carry or is she selling it outside order????

The products she sells are priced lying on a table , she does not stay there with it like at a flea market. I am seriously considering getting in my car and going to buy everything she has on her table before anybody else sees it. Is that crazy?

Oh! THOSE type of vendor malls. It's just a huge consignment marketplace. So it's not like she is selling tons and tons of stuff.Personally I think she is totally losing money doing that. I bet you if she takes her own stuff and sells it at a discount, she puts her contact information on there to get further business. If she has a static display and only really sells anything if someone walks buy and sees it and wants it.I looked in the rulebook and didn't see anything against the rules for that type of booth, but she should have some sort of disclaimer or some information attached to everything saying the warrantee isn't guaranteed.

Was it possibly the small stone which is normally $15....but this month stones are 20% off...which would take $3 off, and it would cost $12...I am assuming that is what she is doing!

No it was the large round stone, cause the guy that told me was a little p'd because he had previously bought that from me. I told him that nothing she had out there would have a warranty. He said he would continue to buy from me, but I dunno it just ruffles my feathers a little bit. But I guess if there is no rule against it then I can't say anything about it - but I can still go and buy it up.

KYCHEF said:
No it was the large round stone, cause the guy that told me was a little p'd because he had previously bought that from me. I told him that nothing she had out there would have a warranty. He said he would continue to buy from me, but I dunno it just ruffles my feathers a little bit. But I guess if there is no rule against it then I can't say anything about it - but I can still go and buy it up.

Is it the type of thing where she will just put more out there once you bought it all? And then she is winning...and she may feel she is succeeding and needing to put more out?

Probably! Maybe thats not such a good idea after all. But I'm at least going to go check it out.

I would go undercover and check out the table...see if she is advertising warranties, etc. and have someone contact her if she has any contact info on the table...to ask how the prices are so cheap at the table, but yet so expensive in the catty or something!

I would talk to her about it. I would tell her that she's hurting her own business b/c if people always think they can get it that cheap from her, why would they want to pay full price? She can't be making any money on it.

Both of those are great ideas!! Thanks a lot. I never thought about it hurting her own business, was just looking out for me (how selfish!!!smack on hand!) Thanks ladies!

I would go up there and act like you are just shopping and bump into her. Somebody has to be watching the product. IF she's not there, ask for a catalog or something that would have her name on it. once you find out that it is her, call her and ask what the heck she's doing!:rolleyes: :)

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers kitchen tools, cookware, and food products through independent consultants.

Is it common for recruits to sell Pampered Chef at vendors malls?

No, it is not common for recruits to sell Pampered Chef at vendors malls. Typically, consultants sell products through home parties or online.

What should I do if my recruit is selling Pampered Chef at a vendors mall?

If you are concerned about your recruit selling Pampered Chef at a vendors mall, it is important to communicate your concerns with them and ask for clarification on their business strategy. You can also reach out to Pampered Chef's customer service for more information.

Can anyone become a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, anyone over the age of 18 can become a Pampered Chef consultant. However, there is an initial investment and ongoing fees involved in starting and maintaining a Pampered Chef business.

What are the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant?

The benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant include the opportunity to earn income through sales and hosting parties, access to discounted products, and the support and resources provided by the company to help grow your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • Pampered Angel
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies