• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surprise in the Mailbox: $50 PC Dollars Received for Recruiting Success!

In summary, Ann received $50 in PC dollars in the mail because she had a recruit qualify with her show last Wednesday. This is unusual, as usually the $50 is only given to new recruits who have been active and are promoting.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
I thought that now we wouldn't get our $50 for a recruit qualifying until we promoted, but I had a recruit qualify with her show last Wed., and I received $50 PC dollars in the mail today!?

She was my 5th to qualify.....now if I could get 5 qualified and active all at the same time!

Whoot! Gotta love "free" money!You can do it- just help them see the dream.

Yeah! I hope I get $50 in the mail next week!:D

Good for you Becky. Free money is great.

Ann - I don't know if you are having the same issues on the East side of MI as we are having here....but this is something that my Director & Sr. Director (don't have an Advanced Director right now) have actually addressed as a problem here in W. MI. I am trying very hard to sell the dream, but with our economy, people are just really struggling - most really don't want the dream, they need a full-time income immediately! And honestly, PC only provides that if you work hard, and for most it doesn't come instantly. The show average here is lower than other places in the country....I had the highest show average in my cluster (higher than my director even!) and mine isn't all that high($625) - especially when I read of others show averages on here. I work HARD for 2 shows a week, and am a walking billboard for PC. My experience with new recruits is that if they are doing it just for the money (and most are) then they don't last long. They are more interested in finding a job w/ consistent pay & benefits.
My Sr. Director was actually on the committee for Consultant Promotions, and she brought up the $ amounts needed to earn promotions - because they seem to be very acheivable for others, but here, very few people are earning them. Besides my director, I was the only one in my cluster to earn free products in the fall promo, and am the only one earning 1/2 off conf. for Jan....but I am also the only one in my cluster who is not working at least one other job, so have alot more time to devote to PC.
My newest recruit (who just qualified) works as a hairdresser, and also in a Sandwich Shop, and is just hoping to be able to quit the Sandwich business w/ her PC income....but is also looking for another job that would offer insurance (I know we have it - but it's pretty scetchy at best) for her and her fiance(soon to be husband).
Even hosts - alot of my hosts don't even use their 50% off items - because they can't spend money....which is why they are hosting - they just use their free product value. This month, I would say that almost every one of my hosts used 1 50% item, to get the lid to go w/ their 60% off skillet! - and that was it! I had several hosts seriously consider PC during Jan., because I do talk to all of them about it. But between the cost involved, and the time involved, all decided it wasn't for them.
So - this turned into sorta a long vent.....but how do I sell the dream in a desperate economy? I can't guarantee a stable, set income every week, and I can't guarantee that they will even make what I make. Sometimes, when I know their situation, and know that their husband is about to be layed off, and their own hours have been cut - it's hard for me to talk to them about the PC opportunity. Very few people make the income they would need, so I feel like I may be just feeding them a line when I try to "sell them the dream".(Plus the fact that that phrase smacks of Amway - and I am sitting in the middle Amway Country!)

Becky, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about! We are experiencing the same thing here on the East side of MI. With the Autos having cutbacks, people just don't know if they'll even be getting another paycheck EVER. And Pfizer just announced that they're leaving Ann Arbor (I have a couple circles of customers in Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor area) - that's more jobs gone. A couple weeks ago an auction house had an auction for a couple THOUSAND foreclosed properties in the Detroit area. It's hard. And it happens right as I've decided that I need to promote and get my show schedule up so that I can leave my day job (which I hate). And then I feel guilty because I should be happy that I even have a FT job with benefits.... *sigh* (And I also know what you mean about "smacking of Amway." Dan and I just let our Amway membership lapse at the end of 2006.)

Yeah - over here, it's not so much the actual auto makers....we have alot of industry that supplies products to the "Big Three" (not so big anymore!), and they are folding left and right....plus Pfizer is also laying off in Kalamazoo too - which effects some of my customer base....and it's just a snowball effect! No one feels like they have any job security! Except my DH - he was a builder (another industry REALLY hurting right now!) but a couple of years ago took a position as a Director of maintenance for a large Assisted Living center....one place where there is job security, and it gives me the opportunity and luxury of staying home with my son and working on my PC business.
I'm not giving up though! I will continue to talk about the Benefits of PC....its sorta sad - my recruits who seem to do the best are the ones who don't really need the job!
(We let our Amway membership lapse too - I just miss the cleaning products!)

1. What is "Surprise in the Mailbox!"?

"Surprise in the Mailbox!" is a subscription service offered by Pampered Chef where customers receive a surprise box filled with kitchen tools, gadgets, and ingredients every month.

2. How much does "Surprise in the Mailbox!" cost?

The cost for "Surprise in the Mailbox!" is $29.95 per month, which includes shipping and handling fees. However, there are also options to prepay for 3, 6, or 12 months at a discounted price.

3. Can I customize the items in my "Surprise in the Mailbox!"?

Unfortunately, the items in the "Surprise in the Mailbox!" boxes are pre-selected and cannot be customized. However, we strive to include a variety of useful and unique items in each box to appeal to a wide range of customers.

4. How do I cancel my "Surprise in the Mailbox!" subscription?

To cancel your subscription, simply log into your Pampered Chef account and go to the "My Subscriptions" page. From there, you can click on "Cancel" next to your "Surprise in the Mailbox!" subscription. Please note that cancellations must be made before the 15th of the month to avoid being charged for the next month's box.

5. Can I purchase "Surprise in the Mailbox!" as a gift?

Yes, "Surprise in the Mailbox!" makes a great gift for any cooking or baking enthusiasts in your life. You can purchase a gift subscription for 3, 6, or 12 months and the recipient will receive a new box each month filled with surprise items to enhance their kitchen experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pampchefrhondab