• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do You Share Your Earnings to Recruit?

In summary, the woman shared her commission statements with the person she was recruiting and he thought it was a good idea. He agrees that it can be tacky and misleading to share your commissions check with potential recruits, but he thinks it's better to share what shows can average rather than show the actual checks.
AMTC
Gold Member
Before starting PC, I was being recruited by a woman who sold Premier Jewelry. I had gone to a show and she had taken the catalogs and put them in binders and I recall in the back of the binder were her last three months commission statements (with hosts names blacked out) but you could definitely see what she was earning.

I was wondering if anyone here shares their statements in order to recruit?

Do you think it's a good idea? Bad idea? Why?

I think it's a good idea. My director told me she'd show me her commission statements, but I was hesitant to tell her I wanted to see them. She gave them to me anyhow. I was impressed! I generally keep a few commission statements in my recruiting binder...

My director always shares what she earns every month in her newsletter. I think it motivates people and helps them see that they to can make "real" money with PC.

I think it's tacky and misleading to share your commissions check with potential recruits -- I mean, I have been at this for 3+ years ...what *I* make - as a director with 3 years experience and a downline is WAY different than what a brand new consultant would make, kwim? And to lead a potential recruit to think that she can make that kind of money right off the bat...it's misleading.

That said, I *do* share my earnings with my team in my monthly newsletters...because I know when I was new and I saw my director's stats...it made me think "Ok - I wanna do what she's doing...lemme learn how and work to get there..."

When my soon to be Director showed me her commission statement it made it really real to me. You hear the numbers, but seeing them is something else. I have been doing this hit and miss the past year and I tell people how much I make even when I only do three shows in a month. The people that want to do this all out and make the big bucks will sign up no matter what and those that are sitting on the fence and think that they don't have the time to make some real extra money see that they can.

dannyzmom said:
I think it's tacky and misleading to share your commissions check with potential recruits -- I mean, I have been at this for 3+ years ...what *I* make - as a director with 3 years experience and a downline is WAY different than what a brand new consultant would make, kwim? And to lead a potential recruit to think that she can make that kind of money right off the bat...it's misleading.

That said, I *do* share my earnings with my team in my monthly newsletters...because I know when I was new and I saw my director's stats...it made me think "Ok - I wanna do what she's doing...lemme learn how and work to get there..."

i DO AGREE WITH YOU THAT IT COULD BE DEEMED AS TACKY AND UNREALISTIC TO SHOW TO PEOPLE AS WHAT i EARN.
That being said I do tell people that I average about $130 a night and when I talk with someone individually about the business there are my s
3 superstarter monbth paychecks in the binder and now my first one with overrides from being a FD, just so they can see how the income grows when you take on more than just show.

I have just started putting mine in my hostess packets and in the binder I pass around. I think mine is very reasonable to share because I have average shows and do 1-2 a week so it is very doable. My director has given me copies of her last three months to have available to share if people want to see the potential.

I have copies in my binder that I pass around. I have one from my first month, my fourth month (the first time I made $1k in a month), and then a few in between and a recent one. Just to show where you can start and how it can grow.

Yeah I probably wouldn't want to know right away..because I may be like I am doing crappy and I will never be that good. Now I know I am getting better day by day..but to see the information at first..I think it can scare someone off. It's a double edge sword. It can help or can hurt. Better off to say what shows can average..that is safe.

I have a commission statement from when I was a consultant, one from when I was FD, and I am about to add my first director statement. This way they get an idea of your income at every level!

My Director let me see what she was making at my consultant training we had the month after I signed. And I think she might have done that since she knew I was like out of the BEST possible senario. I know what she makes and what I make are completely different considering that she has 2 years under her and a customer base like no other. But as a New Consultant I was looking forward to what I am going to make if I keep working towards that goal! ;)

I love to see my Directors paychecks, it makes it seem real . Like yeah it can be done. Her December personal sales was $19,000.00 !!!!!!!! She is acually a Advanced Director. To hear about it and see it are two different things !

$19,000.00 !!!!!! HOW? I wanna know so I can do that too!

When I went to my recruiting interview my director showed me her first commission checks. I think that factored in the decision to join.

For those that have been in the business for a long time and are making more money...could you show one of your first commission cheques? I definitely wouldn't show mine to anyone right now because they're pitiful. But once I have my first steady month, I will show it. I think most people understand that there's a ramp-up period...heck, I'm going on month 3 and I'm only having my 4th show! I like when my director shares what she makes - it puts my goals into perspective and really makes me think that they're realistic. When I first started with PC, I joked about being able to quit my full-time job in a year...well, my director told me what she's making - and she's just starting out too - and it sold it for me. My goal IS to quit my fulltime job! I think it would be fantastic, and because of my discussions with her, I know that it is possible.

I would share my commission with some seriously interested in the business but not just throw it out there for anyone at a show or anything.

I have a friend that constanly comments on what I make and then wants me to call her if I have any left over half-price items instead of paying full price for what she wants.

Veevahchef said:
I have a commission statement from when I was a consultant, one from when I was FD, and I am about to add my first director statement. This way they get an idea of your income at every level!

I think this is a great idea. I have a book with my first paycheck and my biggest (so far). Keep in mind, sometimes people don't understand that we MAKE MONEY. They think we just get products. While not everyone is in this business for the income, everyone should know the potential.

I don't get printed statements...Do you all just print it off CC?
DebbieJ - what do you have in the binder you pass around at shows?

I have only been a Consultant since September, but I have the statements from my first three months in my binder, so people can see how I did when I was starting my business. I don't intend to show more than those three until I promote (unless someone asks for more).

I show my first three months of pay and my last month of pay -- you know, new consultant vs. one with almost a year under her belt.

My director gives us a newsletter with how much she made for the month and what she gets for free....etc. I think it gives everyone incentive to do better or if we show them what we make, they know that we aren't lying to them about how much you can make. We say, "Work part time hours and get paid Full time salary!

1. How much of my earnings do I get to keep?

As an independent consultant with Pampered Chef, you get to keep 20% of your sales as commission. The more you sell, the higher your commission rate can become, up to 27%.

2. Are there any additional fees or expenses I need to pay?

There are no additional fees or expenses required to be a consultant with Pampered Chef. However, you may choose to invest in business tools or supplies to help grow your business.

3. How often do I get paid for my sales?

Consultants are paid once a month for their sales, typically around the 15th of the following month. This allows time for orders and payments to be processed.

4. Can I earn incentives or bonuses on top of my commission?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of incentives and bonuses for consultants who meet certain sales goals or achievements. These can include free products, cash bonuses, and even trips.

5. Is there a limit to how much I can earn with Pampered Chef?

There is no limit to how much you can earn as a consultant with Pampered Chef. Your earnings are directly tied to your sales and there is no cap on commission or bonuses. The more you sell, the more you can earn.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kisrae
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil
  • Kelly8