• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How can we break out of a recruiting slump?

In summary, when experiencing a recruiting slump, it is important to refocus on the three aspects of recruiting: Inform, Invite, and Interview. Often, we may only focus on one aspect, such as informing, but without the others, we cannot achieve signed agreements. The Inviting part involves finding the potential recruit's personal motivation, rather than just our own. Additionally, recruiting sporadically may lead to sporadic results, whereas recruiting in larger quantities can increase the likelihood of finding more dedicated individuals. To ensure the success of new recruits, it is beneficial to encourage them to sign their first recruit within the first 30 days and to teach recruiting early on. Some creative ideas to generate more interest at shows include using a game to engage guests
DebPC
Staff member
Whenever I get into a recruiting slump I try to refocus on the 3 aspects of recruiting covered in Step Up. We need to Inform, Invite and Interview. So many times when I get into a slump and I start analyzing what I'm doing I realize I'm only doing 1 part, the informing. Without the other 2 we don't get signed agreements!

The Inviting part means we need to find the recruiting lead's heart tug. What is it that THEY need from this, not "why do I need them to sign up!" If we're sincere in how this business can help another person we'll find the recruits.

The other piece is this: if we recruit sporadically we'll find good business-minded people sporadically. BUT if we recruit a bunch the likelihood of find a more concentrated amount of workers increases.

What can I change once I have these recruits? I CAN affect their success by encouraging them to sign their first recruit in their first 30 days. This we CAN somewhat control by teaching recruiting early on. I'm even considering going to my recruits' first show with the goal of finding them secured bookings AND their first recruit. Just imagine what doing this will do for your team! Yes, we'll still have plenty of people that just play around with the business, but we're also more likely to catch more big fish since our net has gotten bigger!

I think as soon as we let ourselves get frustrated by recruiting we won't be able to recruit. Recruiting requires passion for the business. If we don't have that it comes across however subtle.

To generate more interest at shows I'm using a little game Jennifer Stevens uses at her shows. Keep in mind I NEVER play games at my shows! I set the clock timer for 2 minutes and have the guests pass a sink fizz around while asking me questions about my job. The first time I did it last week I was really scared they wouldn't ask anything, but they did! And the questions kept coming after the timer went off! Whoever is holding the sink fizz gets to keep it at the end. I've already signed 3 people since Conf. 3 and hope for 1 more tomorrow!

Julie Gizzi

has also had success with her "Bring a Guest" program. She invites people to bring a guest to her shows and she rewards them with a free gift. I'm going to start using that program at my shows and see how it works.I think when I get into a recruiting slump I just need to stop and refocus. I need to remember I'm in the business of helping people, not just selling a product. That's what made me successful in the past and it will work again if I put in the effort. With the right attitude and some creative ideas, I'm sure I can start having more success with recruiting.

:Great advice, Julie! I completely agree that focusing on all three aspects of recruiting is essential for success. It's easy to get caught up in just informing, but without inviting and interviewing, we won't see the results we want. And I love your idea of finding the recruiting lead's heart tug - it's so important to truly understand what motivates our potential recruits and how our business can help them.I also think it's a great idea to attend your recruits' first shows and help them find their first recruit. It not only shows your support and dedication to their success, but it also expands your network and increases the chances of finding more committed and successful team members.And the game you mentioned sounds like a fun and effective way to generate interest at shows. I'll have to give it a try at my next one! Thanks for sharing your experiences and tips - I'm sure they will be helpful for others who may be struggling with recruiting. Keep up the great work!

What is a recruiting slump?

A recruiting slump is a period of time where a company or organization experiences a decrease in the number or quality of job applicants or hires. It can also refer to a decrease in the effectiveness of a recruiter in finding and attracting top talent.

What causes a recruiting slump?

There are several potential causes of a recruiting slump, including a lack of qualified candidates in the job market, changes in industry trends, or a decrease in the company's reputation or employer brand. Additionally, internal factors such as poor job descriptions, slow hiring processes, or ineffective recruitment strategies can contribute to a slump.

How can a recruiting slump be overcome?

To overcome a recruiting slump, companies may need to re-evaluate their recruitment strategies and make adjustments. This could include improving their employer brand, expanding their candidate pool through targeted outreach, or streamlining the hiring process. It may also be helpful to seek feedback from current employees and job candidates to identify areas for improvement.

How long does a recruiting slump typically last?

The duration of a recruiting slump can vary depending on the specific factors contributing to it. In some cases, it may only last a few weeks or months, while in others it could persist for several years. It's important for companies to address the underlying causes and continuously monitor their recruitment efforts to prevent prolonged slumps.

What are the potential consequences of a recruiting slump?

A recruiting slump can have negative impacts on a company's ability to attract top talent and fill open positions. This can result in a shortage of skilled workers, decreased productivity, and potential financial losses. A slump can also harm a company's reputation and make it difficult to compete with other employers in the industry.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Tropicalburstqt2
  • ChefPeg