• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Help a New Recruit With Their First Show?

but I like to also help with demos and answer any questions. If somebody does book, I'm happy to take their order. It's good to have somebody there to support them and answer any questions.
genburk
Silver Member
My first show was a blunder... all I did was cook dinner for my host, and her ONE guest....:rolleyes:

I had not seen a show in over a year, and had not seen one from a consultants point of view. Wasn't watching to see what they did to keep things going, how they handled it all, etc.

I guess I could have gone to one of my recruiter's shows but we couldn't get the timing right.....so I went solo with no idea what to do (except by the book).

My upline suggests that If I recruit someone and I show up at my recruits first show that I would have to take the commission. I know you can't do the show FOR them, but what if I show up and help with the quiet spots and answer tough questions (they don't know about all the products yet), and help keep things in the background flowing...can't I just show up for support.

I will get my "commission" in the form of a more confident consultant who has a great start... and hopefully be a director themselves one day !!:D

What do you do or think about this? I think it would be great for the new consultants to have a little support, at least for their first show. Thanks, Tina

Last edited:
You don't get the commission just for showing up. Don't know where your recruiter read that.

You going to the show is the same as me going to one of yours. As long as you are not doing the show you are fine.

I think what your recruiter was thinking about is what we call a kickoff show, where you would actually do the show and get the bookings for her. Then you would take the commission, but if she is actually doing the show you are ok

I think they are referring to the Introductory show or training show (recipe for success page F-5) and assume that if you show up you get the commission. I didn't think you would get it unless you did the show. But I wanted to get others opinion about showing up, I think it is a great idea to help them with their first show.

Last edited:
I always go to my recruits first shows just to be there for support. There are times when they are stumped for answers and I just help them out.

My director is a NED and she also goes to all the first shows, if that helps

I have done training shows where I help the new consultant, but she is the one mainly doing the show. That way I can prompt her if she forgets something and help calm her nerves. If she is already signed up, she gets the sales and bookings. If she is still a host and is signing with her kit credit, I get the sales and she gets the bookings. Make sense?

Tina,

By all means go and support her! I think that is great that you are willing to go and be there for her. As has been stated before, as long as she is signed and doing the show she will still get the commissions. It's nice to have someone there to know you can lean on if needed.

Michele

I did this for my 1st (and only) recruit. She hadn't been to a PC show in a while, so I offered to be there and help her out. I brought some of my products that she didn't have. It was at her home, but her mother was the hostess. I helped out during some down times and added a bit here and there, but mainly let her do her own thing.

She took all the bookings and commission. I wanted her to know that I was there to help her out...that she wasn't alone in starting out her business.

A Cluster-Mate attended a workshop at conference with Tom Marston (I think). He said that he goes to his recruits' first shows not to help with the demo (he goes into the other room then), but to do an into and take orders. The thinking is that since your first shows are usually with friends and family, it's harder to ask for bookings. So he introduces himself and tells everyone that the consultant is just getting started and would like to book more shows to practice with. Then when he takes orders, the consultant sits and listens to him cross-sell and ask EVERYONE for bookings. It's no skin off his nose if nobody books, but it's that fear that makes new consultants not ask.

definately!!!I always go to my consultant's first show! I often do as Tom Marston does, with an intro and order taking, but I do stay in the same room just in case they need help. Most of the time I just sit there quietly taking a few notes.

I had my recruiter at my first show, and even though I didn't need her that night it was nice to have the support!

Some people say they can't afford to go to their consultant's first shows....YOU CAN'T AFFORD NOT TO!!! :cool: How else are you going to know what type of skills they are starting with and what they need training on! Also, many new consultants do not ask for bookings or for recruits!!!!

So start them off right!!:D

Sometimes life may seem hectic....but it is well worth it. My consultants schedule their shows when I can come! The next two weeks is going to be crazy!!! My shows and 4 new consultant shows!! Ha ha...I have 7 shows in a row at the end of January and beginning of February! :eek: 3 are my new consultants! WOW!!

But I definately agree that you want to go! And the commission is not yours just because you show up!! Definately a misunderstanding there!!

fruit76loop said:
I always go to my consultant's first show! I often do as Tom Marston does, with an intro and order taking, but I do stay in the same room just in case they need help. Most of the time I just sit there quietly taking a few notes.

I had my recruiter at my first show, and even though I didn't need her that night it was nice to have the support!

Some people say they can't afford to go to their consultant's first shows....YOU CAN'T AFFORD NOT TO!!! :cool: How else are you going to know what type of skills they are starting with and what they need training on! Also, many new consultants do not ask for bookings or for recruits!!!!

So start them off right!!:D

Sometimes life may seem hectic....but it is well worth it. My consultants schedule their shows when I can come! The next two weeks is going to be crazy!!! My shows and 4 new consultant shows!! Ha ha...I have 7 shows in a row at the end of January and beginning of February! :eek: 3 are my new consultants! WOW!!

But I definately agree that you want to go! And the commission is not yours just because you show up!! Definately a misunderstanding there!!

I agree fully with Marlene - I offer to go to my recruit's first show if it is on a night that I am available. So far - only one or two have taken me up on it (am I THAT intimidating!?!?) LOL

Carolyn,

YOU MUST BE SCAREY!!:eek: ha ha!!

I bet the reason you have only had a couple take you up on the offer is the way you approach the subject. Sounds like you say something like this "If you would like me to be at your first show I can...". Now I could be wrong...it's happened once or twice before...ha ha :D

Here is the way I approach the subject "I will be at your first show to help you have the best show possible! I will help you take orders and maximize your bookings, how does that sound to you?" They of course, say great!! I then tell them the open dates I have available...like I have February 2, 5 or 6, when do you want to do your show? Or when do you think Suzie Hostess will want to do her show? Please call her and see which date would work for her and get back to me ASAP as my schedule fills very quickly!":D

When I first started I offered to be there...only 1 took me up on it...then I realized it was because it was an option. Now there really isn't an option! ha ha....leave it to me control freak! :D :D :D

I would not have wanted my recruiter to be at my first show and so I do not go to my recruits' shows unless they insist. I coach them before their show and give them words to use and tips to make it easier. If someone would be very nervous or really wanted me there I would go as support for her but that hasn't happened. I explain why I don't go and they have all been fine with that.

I DO LOVE what Tom Marston does though and might just start doing that for my recruits! I would have appreciated that!

I used to get nervous if I found out a former consultant was in the room - now I "use" them however they are comfortable - I have learned that there is usually a reason they are former consultants.

I think you should just ask your recruit and see what she wants.

I had never been to a show before I signed up and I also did it on my own. I am one of those people who may have been nervous (still can be) if I know a current or former consultant is there. However, I had a recruit who asked me to come and I did it no problem! It let her know I supported her and I also tried to help her get bookings.

I am hoping to be starting several new people soon and I am going to offer to let them to come to one of my shows or be there for them for their first show. I think it shows you care about their success. Would you awnt to start a new job with no one to go to ask questions?

I actually help my new consultant with their first show. I try to encourage that they host their first show. It usually turns out great. I do not get any commission for helping.

If a host is interested in becoming a consultant, I usually offer to give her own show back to her so that she will be that much closer to qualifying. Of course I only offer this if her show is still in the future and not at the closing of the show. I think it is much better for them instead of the kit credit. I loose some shows this way but I gain a consultant. So for my business it's been working great.

1. How can I best support a new recruit with their first show?

First and foremost, make sure to communicate with the new recruit and find out what they need help with. Offer to assist with tasks such as setting up equipment, organizing props, or running lines. Also, be sure to provide emotional support and encouragement throughout the process.

2. Should I take over and do everything for the new recruit during their first show?

No, it's important to allow the new recruit to take ownership of their role and have a sense of accomplishment. Offer guidance and assistance, but allow them to handle tasks on their own. This will help them gain confidence and improve their skills.

3. How can I help the new recruit feel more comfortable and confident on stage?

Encourage the new recruit to attend rehearsals and run lines with their fellow cast members. This will help them become more familiar with the script and their character. Also, remind them that mistakes are normal and part of the learning process, and that the entire cast is there to support them.

4. Is it okay to give constructive feedback to the new recruit?

Yes, constructive feedback can be helpful in improving the new recruit's performance. However, make sure to deliver it in a kind and supportive manner. Focus on specific areas for improvement and offer suggestions for how to make changes, rather than criticizing or belittling their performance.

5. How can I ensure a smooth and successful first show for the new recruit?

Aside from offering support and guidance, make sure to provide a positive and welcoming environment. Introduce the new recruit to the rest of the cast and crew, and make sure they feel included and valued. Also, be patient and understanding, as it may take time for them to get comfortable and adjust to their role.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lisamac
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • chefheidi2003