• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sharing Our Virtual Cluster: A Dilemma for New Recruits

I don't share because I am worried that if they were lurking here I wouldn't be able to talk about what slackers they are and get advice!
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
My new recruit is supposed to sign at the end of the month after we close her show. My dilemna is this.....do I tell her about our WONDERFUL VIRTUAL CLUSTER :D right away or wait until she's done a few shows?

I know that we have fantastic advice and ideas out here, I'm just worried that she may feel overwhelmed at first. I think that she's already a little nervous about doing shows.

I want to know from two perspectives:

1) There are a lot of new consultants here - I want to know what you think.

2) There are a lot of Directors and Seasoned Consultants too - what is your opinion?

Thanks everyone!

I am a new consultant. and I just recruited my first. I told my recruit about this site. Now, whether she comes her or not it totally up to her. But I think it would do her a lot of good. I mean it has helped me a lot more than anyone else has! So. I would say go for it. :D

I didn't find the site right away...I had already done a few shows and got most of my basic questions answered through my recruiter, I think it was a good time to find it. By then I was wanting to know more and wasn't too overwhelmed by the amount of information on here. I also felt like I didn't want to bug my recruiter anymore! I think I would def tell her about it, but wait until she gets going a bit....

I have offered it to my consultants through newsletters. Sometimes I'll take a post and use it as an article and make sure to let them know where I got it. I think one of mine is here hovering...maybe. Anyhoo, I would wait until the first 90 days are over so they focus on that - you know how addicting this site can be!

cmdtrgd said:
............you know how addicting this site can be!
Yeah....that's what I'm afraid of!!! :)

I too found this site after being a consultant for about 4 months. I found it at a great time too as that is when I was getting out of my friends & family circle and not yet getting too many shows on my own - my bookings weren't coming as fast as I wanted them to. I know this is a fantastic site and I would not be doing as well as I am today with out everyone here and their fantastic ideas and support. I just want my new recruit to do well and I want her to feel comfortable. I think that I am more nervous than she is!

I think you should wait untill she has a few shows under her belt and just make sure you are there to answer all her questions. I agree that this site is addicting and during those first few months she really needs to be spending all the tiem she can managing her business untill she gets into the swing of things.

I agree with waiting until she has done a few shows. I think she would need to devote her attention to her first couple of shows. Than after that she will feel more comfortable and want to get some more ideas and possible share some too. I totally agree that this site is addictive.

I agree too - I love this board but to a newbie it could be overwhelming. Let her digest all the material she will be getting in her kit first, watch the DVD, have a couple shows first and then say "Guess What!!!!!"

I don't share because I am worried that if they were lurking here I wouldn't be able to talk about what slackers they are and get advice!

I do attach good files I see on here and give them ideas, I just want to be able to ask you guys questions without worrying that they are reading what I write.

gilliandanielle said:
OMG! I was thinking the same thing!

I guess I could always e-mail for advice, but it just seems like you guys are MINE, all MINE! I shouldn't have to SHARE!!

I don't share...ha ha because of everything said above!!:D

I also know that if I would have found this site in the beginning of my business I would have spent WAY TOOOOOO much time on here. Now that I have established work patterns, I don't think it it that big of a deal.

But, why share? You are their recruiter and they can call you to get any answers to their questions. If you don't know, they you can come on here. It is soooooo important to build that personal relationship with all of your team members ASAP! :cool: SO I VOTE DON'T SHARE!!!

Just my 2 cents:p

LOL! I had to laugh the other day when I got an e-mail from my director with the price increase list from Dir. Marlene Bauman!! We have the same NED and it was so funny that it went full circle all the way back to me!!

yep...I knew that we had the same NED because I know your director Jana. She is just too damn cute...the little hippy chic!! She definately knows her stuff!

I had done a price list and then came on and saw yours, you had an item I had missed!:p Then a couple days later it came out in the weekly bites!!! Gotta hate that!:eek:

So are you coming to National? If so, we will have to sit and chat! I can tell you would be a hoot to know!

I love Jana too, we are doing daily calls until I make director. She is such an awesome and honest support. I told her I was nervous about something and she just said "You have to get over it, and that is that!". I was nice to not be coddled!!

I won't be at National because I am due with #3 on June 19th. I am planning on going to Leadership!

I am on my 2nd month and found this site on my own, and it is addicting. Although it has been a huge......huge....help to me .I gain alot more confidence with you guys.....especially with all the sample flyers....I can't wait til my next party Feb 8th to see if my new approach on playing the dice game to see if I can get more bookings...

My personal feeling is that I think this can be overwhelming for a new consultant. I suppose if it was a REALLY gung-ho consultant who was trying to search for every little piece of info to soak up, I may tell them about it. But, for someone just trying to figure other stuff out, this could be too much. AFter a while, this is a GREAT place to get ideas, feedback and FAST answers. My newest consultant was someone I "met" on here about a year and a half ago!! And she just signed. Just goes to show that some take a while before it's the right time for them.:) So, she definitely knows about this website already. She signed Dec. 31st and just switched to the New consultants reward program and I'm excited for her. The potential is HUGE to earn lots of free $$$$!!:)

I don't know..I am mixed. I don't like being dependant on someone..so this site has totally helped me. Sometimes I have wayyyy to many questions and I feel that I need more information than I am provided at one time...LOL. However if you get too much information at once, you can get overwhelmed. I do agree with most, it is better for newbies to get going abit before they come aboard but after a few months..it should be free game. It's just easier to have all these reading accessible. Well it was for me, but I am a going getter type of person..some are not.

I wouldn't have joined on to PC without this website.

Yes I have to say..this site has really really helped ALOT!!! BUT I DO HAVE THE COOOOLEST DIRECTOR!!! (CAROLYN)

SilverCeladon said:
I wouldn't have joined on to PC without this website.
Same here! And even though I got most of my ??? answered by my recruiter-director it was still nice to get other answers from everyone here! This has been my #1 training-educational site since day 1 before signing and there after!

It is just a great place to vent..especially when you have second thoughts or think you are the only one going thru something.

Linda,

I say let you gut decide on a case by case basis. In general, I support sharing this site with serious leads. Here's why:

- this IS a virtual cluster...the sense of support just jumps off the screen
- the volume of members and constant posts shows this opportunity is REAL
- no one can possibly provide the 24/7 resource this site does (got a question, post here; looking for a recipe/flyer/letter, search here; looking for support, just ask)

The info can be overwhelming at first, but I got (and followed) good advice to focus on the initial basics (generating bookings, the demo, and the paperwork). By the time I started doing shows, I already had a small foundation under me...and when I felt uncertain, I came here for ideas and inspiration.

Last comment, this site can be addicting...tell them that up front. As new consultants we're coached on so many other topics, why not coaching on 'how to leverage CS to help your business' as well?

kris

gilliandanielle said:

I do attach good files I see on here and give them ideas, I just want to be able to ask you guys questions without worrying that they are reading what I write.

Really good idea!!!

I totally wish I'd known about this place right away when I first signed! It's helped so much. I offered to buy my first recruit a membership here (she signed up on her own, so I got her something else). I think this has been the most help aside from my director!

I found this site while scouring the net for conference leaks in 2005! I was already a consultant but inactive because I had just had my son. This website inspired me to reactivate and I have been active for 16 months!!

I too found this site on my own several months after I signed. It would have been a tremendous help earlier though as my recruit just signed and dropped me (she is now inactive) and my director was hard to track down. It is addicting but I feel with the information/advice that I have absorbed over the months have really increased my knowledge and given me a boost of confidence. Not to mention a list of people that I hope I can call friends! Valky

I think it would overwhelm new recruits
If you think there is something they need that will boost thier business, mail it to them. It gives you another reason to keep in contact with them.
Teresa

I think it should be from the beginning....I found this site while trying to decide if I should be a consultant or not. It has been suggested that I should only listen to official Chef information. :confused:

However, I am an 'INFOmaniac' :eek: and instead of wanting one persons opinion, I wanted to hear about others and see how they felt. I felt a sense of belonging and helping each other be a success and sharing ideas instead of cruel competition. :)

This site has been a great assistance in my business. I've been told that I should not try new recipes at shows (how easy are these recipes to follow? - "look, this is the first time I made it and it is great !!") ( Actually, I could mess it up the 15th time I tried it just as much).:rolleyes:

I have also heard that it is not a good idea doing two shows in one day. Not only did I achieve it, I did them back to back and now I am waiting for my FREE Trifle bowl to arrive :D

I have even learned that a host can book off of her own show here.

I have heard that if I recruit someone and I just show up at my recruits first show that I would have to take the commission. I know you can't do the show for them, but what if I show up and help with the quiet spots and answer tough questions, and help keep things in the background flowing...why can't I just show up for support. I will get my "commission" in the form of a more confident consultant who has a great start. ........My first show was a blunder, all I did was cook them lunch........ (look for a new thread with this question)

I have found great ideas and information on here that I would not have heard about otherwise, I think it is great from the beginning..... even though it is not official..... besides if I ask the officials about a product or a thought, I still only get one person's opinion versus all the great answers and support you get here !!!:cool:

Last edited:
this site from a new person perspectiveWell I have to say that the support and info is great but I have a need to know everything(I signed up for this site before I signed my agreement). Everyone sees this site differently so just use your best judgement. you will have to match the personality with when to show them this site. Hope this helps

1) Should I tell my new recruit about our virtual cluster right away or wait until she's done a few shows?

It ultimately depends on your new recruit's level of comfort and experience. If they are comfortable with technology and have experience using virtual tools, then it may be beneficial to introduce them to the virtual cluster right away. However, if they are new to the business and may feel overwhelmed, it may be better to wait until they have a few shows under their belt before introducing them to the virtual cluster.

2) Will my new recruit feel overwhelmed by the virtual cluster?

It's possible that they may feel overwhelmed at first, especially if they are new to the business or not familiar with virtual tools. However, with proper training and guidance, they should be able to adapt to the virtual cluster and see its benefits. It's important to communicate with your new recruit and address any concerns or questions they may have.

3) How can the virtual cluster benefit my new recruit?

The virtual cluster can offer a variety of benefits for new recruits, such as access to a supportive community, helpful advice and ideas, and a platform for sharing resources and information. It can also help them stay connected and engaged with the company, even when they are not able to attend physical events or meetings.

4) As a director or seasoned consultant, when do you typically introduce the virtual cluster to your new recruits?

Every consultant may have a different approach, but it may be beneficial to introduce the virtual cluster during the onboarding process or at the beginning of their journey with the company. This can help them become familiar with the virtual tools and resources available to them and set them up for success from the start.

5) How can I ensure my new recruit feels comfortable and supported in using the virtual cluster?

As their leader and mentor, it's important to provide proper training and support for your new recruit as they navigate the virtual cluster. This can include offering tutorials, hosting Q&A sessions, and encouraging them to reach out for help when needed. It's also important to create a welcoming and inclusive environment within the virtual cluster to help them feel comfortable and supported.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Ginger428
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • dexheimers