• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Thinking of Joining Pampered Chef..help Please!

In summary, the conversation involves a person considering becoming a consultant for a direct sales company. They are looking for advice on finding a local sponsor and have concerns about approaching a previous consultant due to personal reasons. Other experienced consultants offer suggestions and support, mentioning the option of having a hospitality director and the upcoming changes in the starter kit. The conversation also includes a discussion on the importance of attending local meetings and utilizing the resources available.
futurechefinPA
Hi All,
I am a self proclaimed PC junkie, and have been toying with the idea of joining for some time now. I am a veteran of Direct Sales having been with three companies in the past. My question is this...how do I find someone local to sign under? I know the importance of being able to attend local meetings and having a strong sponsor, so I feel it would be beneficial to join under someone in my area but I have a small problem.... I had a PC consultant for years, did a show with her annually, but due to personal reasons ( I'm married to a Police officer and he was involved in a matter with her family) would rather not sign under her or be in her cluster. She is ( or was last I knew) a pretty successful director, but I think we would both be uncomfortable if I were to approach her. Is there a consultant locator or something soemwhere that I can use to find a different consultant?? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

First off, where are you from?

Okay, I see in your name that you're from PA, on the top, there is the word "consultants" written in white. There are 4 pages of consultants in PA.

I understand your situation, you can always sign up with someone else and have hospitality in your area. Your recruiter would do that for you.

We all wish you the best in your new business and your decision!

Hi FutureChef...I'm in PA and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. Feel free to send me a PM!

Mary

We all wish you the best in your new business and your decision!

Look over posts made here and contact anyone that feels like a fit with you. You are not required to sign with a local consultant. In this age of email and free long distance any one of us can be a successful mentor for you!

I just PM'd you too. :D

Mary,

You must have been posting at the same time that I did!

Please don't think I was trying to "steal" a lead (I did say she should check us all out)!

I was a junkie too before I started!! You're off to a great start by already knowing a lot about the products and by coming to this site. There are a lot of great people here that would be willing to help you out (whether you sign with them or not). It's wonderful to have a place like this to come and share ideas and answers.

Definately take time to talk to find the right person. Beth has a great point to check out some of the posts on here and learn a little about people. Personally my director is not from my local area but I signed with her because I knew she would give me the best support and encouragement I could ask for. If you do sign with someone not in your area you can always join a hospitality cluster. This is what I did. It's actually beneficial to have two directors I can go to with questions...my hospitality director and my actual director.

Feel free to contact me if I can help in any way and congratulations on starting your new business. With your past experience in direct sales and as a PC junkie I'm sure you'll do awesome!!

Do be aware that there is a change in the kits happening on the 22nd so you will want to consider which option is best for you!

That's so exciting that you've been considering becoming a consultant. It's a GREAT time to do it because they've revamped lots of stuff to really start consultants off to a good start. I have several out of town consultants and I get them connected with a "Hospitality Director" so they basically get two directors for the "Price of one!" Attending cluster meetings isn't mandatory, but it really seems that those with strong businesses are the ones who attend consistently.

Feel free to post any questions here. Everyone is so helpful and this site is a Godsend!!!:D Good luck to you!

Beth, I just noticed your post...no offense taken! I know we "seasoned" consultants are pretty pumped about the new starter kit, so we're all just getting our 2 cents in :D and trying to help! - Mary

PampMomof3 said:
Okay, I see in your name that you're from PA, on the top, there is the word "consultants" written in white. There are 4 pages of consultants in PA.

I understand your situation, you can always sign up with someone else and have hospitality in your area. Your recruiter would do that for you.

Please make the effort to find a director or future director in your geographical area. I have several friends who are consultants and their director is way way far away. Very little personal, face to face support. And they all say I am so lucky to have a director that is close by. And I am!! I can't imagine doing this with out support and face to face interaction. Hospitality is great, but honestly, if you are part of a team, don't you want to be with that team.

If you are set on PC (and I would say YEAH!!) you might call the HO and get some local directors in your area and interview them! Go to their meetings and trainings and see which is the best fit.

PamperChefCarol said:
Please make the effort to find a director or future director in your geographical area. I have several friends who are consultants and their director is way way far away. Very little personal, face to face support. And they all say I am so lucky to have a director that is close by. And I am!! I can't imagine doing this with out support and face to face interaction. Hospitality is great, but honestly, if you are part of a team, don't you want to be with that team.

If you are set on PC (and I would say YEAH!!) you might call the HO and get some local directors in your area and interview them! Go to their meetings and trainings and see which is the best fit.
That is true if you have a director that is connected but as many here will attest to not all directors are hands on.

Choose who you feel a connection with no matter where they live. Like someone else said: with hospitality you have 2 directors who care!

PC Junkie,
I too chose to sign under a director other than my local area. I found mine by some fluke on the internet. I am from the west coast and she is from the east coast. We chatted on the phone and had so much in common it was a definate fit. We talk once or more per/week and challenge each other. She is an Exec. and Im a Future Director. It is Nice to have one close BUT not neccessary. You already Know the Products as did I. So I use this Wonderful board and My Director weekly. Good Luck to you in your new career with this Wonderful Company. Laurel:)

Congratulations on considering PC - you wont regret joining this wonderful company. What everyone said about finding a director or future director that fits is the key. I live in a military town and hospitality is a very common thing here. We have girls from all over at out cluster meetings and they love having the support of there "real director" and us. Good Luck to you!

Wow...What a supportive group you all are! Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I was prom dress shopping with my daughter ( now I KNOW i need a 2nd job:D ) and just got home. I appreciate all your comments and PM's. I can certainly see both sides...signing with someone close, or signing with someone your comfortable with and getting a hospitality director. I will continue to weigh both over and decide which way to go...I would respond to all who PM'd me personally, but I can't figure out how to "reply"...I only see a forward or quote button. Anyway, if I don't get back to all who PM'd me, thank you all very much for your opinions, offers of support and well wishes. Like I said, what a wonderful support group! I can't wait to get to know you all better!
Lisa

Oh...I figured out how to respond to PM's...I'll respond to everyone now!

Lisa - use the quote button to respond. Forward doesn't put the original message senders id in.

I found my recruiter-director here on CS actually and we live states apart! I love how connected I feel to both my actual recruiter (felt A connection with her is why I signed with her) but my hospitality director is amazing as well so I feel blessed with 2!

Good luck to you and your decision on who best will fit your needs and feel free to come and ask all the ??? you may have on this site! As this is how I decided PC was the best thing for me! I love the people here- very supportive and you will find a wealth of information here! It's almost like a 3rd (virtual) cluster for me as alot of us are on here daily! So Welcome aboard CS and hopefully TPC very soon!

heat123 said:
I found my recruiter-director here on CS actually and we live states apart! I love how connected I feel to both my actual recruiter (felt A connection with her is why I signed with her) but my hospitality director is amazing as well so I feel blessed with 2!
Awww, Heather, you're so nice!:D It IS very cool like you get two Directors for the price of one. You really did find a gem in your Hospitality Director. It's still so funny that we're all under the same executive director! Thank goodness for email, that's all I have to say! You're the best.:D

That's too cool Becky & Heather!! I have a recruit who is over 3 hours west of me and we talk often as well. She also has a hospitality director who she'll be meeting next month at her first meeting! She just signed in November but made December her first month!!!

Congrats again! Good luck with whatever you decide!!!:D Please post any questions you may have on here!!!:D

My director is over 3 hours from me and she is great. My recruiter quit right after I signed. My director jumped in and got a hospitality director closer to me and she is also wonderful. I feel truly blessed to have 2 fabulous directors to work with.

I am lucky to belong to an awesome cluster with my Director right here in town..but her Director is in Michigan so our cluster extends from MI - all the way over to the East Coast, and all the way south. Its fun because not only do I have this board, I have a whole yahoo group too and we email and post suggestions all the time. I have recruits in Texas, Mich, SC and the rest here in NC...then the military wives moving in...they get assigned to one of us! A Director in my cluster just moved to Okinawa for 3 years, so we are taking care of her downline! WHEW! Thats what I love about PC...meeting all these people from all walks of life! We count our blessings everyday and at every meeting!

1. What are the benefits of joining Pampered Chef?

Joining Pampered Chef offers a variety of benefits, including the opportunity to earn extra income, flexible work hours, the ability to work from home, and the chance to meet new people and make new friends. Additionally, as a consultant, you will have access to discounted products, training and support from other consultants, and the potential for career growth.

2. Is there a minimum sales requirement as a Pampered Chef consultant?

There is no minimum sales requirement as a consultant, but to remain an active consultant and continue to receive benefits such as commission, you must submit at least $200 in sales every three months.

3. How much does it cost to join Pampered Chef?

The cost to join Pampered Chef varies depending on the starter kit you choose. Our starter kits range from $109 to $279. Each kit includes a variety of products, business supplies, and training materials to help you get started as a consultant.

4. Do I need to have any previous sales or cooking experience to join Pampered Chef?

No, you do not need any previous sales or cooking experience to join Pampered Chef. We provide all the necessary training and support for our consultants to be successful. All you need is a passion for cooking and sharing great products with others.

5. How do I get started as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Getting started as a Pampered Chef consultant is easy! You can sign up online or through a consultant, choose your starter kit, and start sharing and selling our products right away. We also offer training and support to help you grow your business and achieve your goals as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Katiek77
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • dme.grant
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • futurechefinPA