• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover Kit Costs for Other Companies | Lia Sophia Pricing FAQ

In summary, the Uppercase Living Starter kit comes with everything you need to get your new business started right away, while the Essentials Plus kit includes everything from the Starter kit, plus doubles the quantity of many of the Open House supplies.
DebbieJ
I'm compiling a list of other company's kit costs.

I can't find it on the LS website--anyone know?

I believe it's $150...they have upped it in the last year as well and added more product and paperwork.

Hey Debbie, Will you mind posting that list when you're finished? I have 3 fence sitters right now!! ;) DIRECTORSHIP????;)

Hey Deb,

Are you going to post this list when complete? Should be interesting...

Last I heard Mary Kay was $99 not including inventory (they want you to carry two or three thousand) and Party Lite was $350. Don't know if this helps you any.

Please do post it when you are done. I see where you are going with it. We may be going up in price but hopefully we will still be cheaper than other companies.

HI! Debbie,
I would also like a copy of the list. I am sure it will help with my fence sitters as well.

Thanks,
Cindy
Future Director

Are you also going to list how much product is included in the kit cost? That way we will be comparing apples to apples.

Creative Memories recently reduced theirs to $145.

here is my friends website www.liasophia.com/jenniferb. She also told me that if you dont keep up your sales when you promote , they demote you and you have to start all over again with new people! Sounds like a lot of extra work to me! Kristi Pea****

Yes Mary Kay is 99, my best friend signed right when I signed on for PC or became active, but she had to get tons of inventory. Her basement is full. However, you can send it back if it is less than a year old and not opened. She tried to get me to switch over....but I was like NOOOOOO WAYYYYY. I like my make up and I have made too many PC friends...LOL

KRISTI'SCOOKING said:
here is my friends website www.liasophia.com/jenniferb. She also told me that if you dont keep up your sales when you promote , they demote you and you have to start all over again with new people! Sounds like a lot of extra work to me! Kristi Pea****

Hey Kristi! I'm Kristi as well and I'm about an 1 1/2 away from you! Are you by any chance going to a meeting tomorrow night in Orlando? IF so, I'll be there!;)

PampMomof3 said:
Hey Kristi! I'm Kristi as well and I'm about an 1 1/2 away from you! Are you by any chance going to a meeting tomorrow night in Orlando? IF so, I'll be there!;)
We are actually having a multi cluster event tonight with Bobbi Lyn Boltons Cluster. Which cluster are you in? Kristi

KRISTI'SCOOKING said:
We are actually having a multi cluster event tonight with Bobbi Lyn Boltons Cluster. Which cluster are you in? Kristi

I can only assume your last name is pea-rooster, as it automatically edits out your last name. HOW FUNNY!!!

Uppercase Living has 2 kits to choose from. Their standard kit for $154.00 and the Deluxe kit for $254.00. They are a home interior, wall expression company. I too would love to see this list once all compiled. Thanks!

Last edited:
I was trying to figure out the last name thing... LOL

thechefofnorthbend said:
I can only assume your last name is pea-rooster, as it automatically edits out your last name. HOW FUNNY!!!

Oh my gosh!!! That is too funny!!! I didn't even catch that!!

How much is the Home Interior Starter Kit?

PL is free with a $350 starter show, and if you have less than a $350 show you have to pay the difference in monthly payments. My SIL just signed with PL last week...

jwpamp said:

OH WOW..Home Interior is still around. I can remember My mom use to have parties all the time...LOL:D

jwpamp said:

This is the info on the UL kits...

The Uppercase Living Starter Kit comes with everything you need to get your new business started right away. Our Essentials Kit is only $149 and gives you everything you need to begin holding Open Houses immediately including $25 of product credit to purchase decorative lettering for your own home or to give away as Open House prizes. Our Essentials Plus Kit ($249) includes everything from the Essentials Kit, plus doubles the quantity of many of the Open House supplies and includes $100 of product credit to purchase decorative lettering.

I would be glad to share it. I'm not gathering the info to make a flyer to give to leads and would caution you against sharing the list with your leads. I am selling the DREAM, not the kit. It's not about the cost, it's about the opportunity.

However, I think it is important information to KNOW so that we can have more effective recruiting interviews and be able to respond to their objections about the cost with correct info.

Does that make sense?

DebbieJ said:
I would be glad to share it. I'm not gathering the info to make a flyer to give to leads and would caution you against sharing the list with your leads. I am selling the DREAM, not the kit. It's not about the cost, it's about the opportunity.

However, I think it is important information to KNOW so that we can have more effective recruiting interviews and be able to respond to their objections about the cost with correct info.

Does that make sense?

It makes absolute perfect sense. I always feel the better informed I am the more informed they will be when making such a big decision. An with all the avenues of support the new recruits will have (their recruiters, clusters, US here at CS) how could they possibly go wrong!! :D

Just got this email from a CM consultant.....Here is info on The Starter Kit for CM:

Lastly, I wanted to share how Creative Memories lets me earn an income, have a flexible schedule
and do something I love. Last year my Creative Memories profit helped with bills, paid for some
date nights and ALL of our Christmas shopping. If you want more information in a low-pressure way,
attend my next Monthly Meeting on January 22. Find out how you can start a business with $680
worth of product for just $165. This offer only available through February.

Just went to a Taste of Home Entertaining party yesterday and their kit is $199. The catalogs are very expensive (they are beautiful and thick) and do not get any free with season changeover, but they can earn credits toward them. I mention this one, because they are actively telling people (I have now had two tell me directly) that they are a cross between The Pampered Chef and Southern Living. I understand they are a spin off from Southern Living, but I don't think they should compare their kitchen tools to The Pampered Chef. Their stuff can not possibly compare especially without a warranty. Sorry to have stolen the thread to rant. Here, I'll give it back now.

Yes. I am a Pea- rooster. maybe that is how I should list my name! I have been kicked off many a site because of my last name. It gets kinda frustrating! It took me a while to be able to join this website too. i cant help being a Pea-rooster! LOL! It is better than my maiden though- Leach! Kristi

KRISTI'SCOOKING said:
Yes. I am a Pea- rooster. maybe that is how I should list my name! I have been kicked off many a site because of my last name. It gets kinda frustrating! It took me a while to be able to join this website too. i cant help being a Pea-rooster! LOL! It is better than my maiden though- Leach! Kristi

Isn't there a way that Greg can override something to allow you to at least list your name correctly? I understand the need to have filters on here but you should be able to list your name :(

GeorgiaPeach said:
Isn't there a way that Greg can override something to allow you to at least list your name correctly? I understand the need to have filters on here but you should be able to list your name :(
I agree! :rolleyes:

sillylittlechef said:
Just went to a Taste of Home Entertaining party yesterday and their kit is $199. The catalogs are very expensive (they are beautiful and thick) and do not get any free with season changeover, but they can earn credits toward them. I mention this one, because they are actively telling people (I have now had two tell me directly) that they are a cross between The Pampered Chef and Southern Living. I understand they are a spin off from Southern Living, but I don't think they should compare their kitchen tools to The Pampered Chef. Their stuff can not possibly compare especially without a warranty. Sorry to have stolen the thread to rant. Here, I'll give it back now.

You know, I was just thinking about this company today. I haven't heard of anyone around here selling or hosting a show. I was just wondering how their business was going, it it was at all. They don't have a warranty? This is surprising. I thought most Direct Sales companies offered them.

sillylittlechef said:

Taste of Home Entertaining is actually a spinoff from the Taste of Home magazines and cookbooks (which may be a spinoff of Southern Living, for all I know). They just started as a home-party company this past summer. Kits were ridiculous (I vaguely remember $600), and they were only taking a limited number of contracts each month for the first several months.

For further comparison, the Longaberger kits are $129 + $15 for shipping (2 baskets, liners and protectors, 2 pottery pieces, 1 wrought iron piece) and $399 + $30 for shipping. Each comes with an assortment of paperwork, etc. Yikes!

Sounds like PC offers the best value for Start up so far! :)

One of my friends who used to sell PC is now selling lia sophia, and I am having a show for her this Friday. She told me the kit is $149 and you get $1,000 worth of jewelry in it. They pay 30% (even on the half-price selections for guests and hosts), take CCs, pay host benefits. When you have a team, you earn 10% on the team's retail sales (includes your sales, too). As for losing your team, she did say that you can lose it if you don't meet the minimums, but isn't that the same with our Directorship?? The last time I was with PC, my Director lost her Directorship and we all rolled up to her upline. My friend said she is making more now doing less shows, and she had a nice show average with PC. She invited me to a meeting tonight, but I am not going!With what they pay, and what they price their jewelry at, it makes me wonder how much they are getting it for!

Another aspect to considerI have a friend that was a PC consultant for 4 yrs. She has recently joined Creative Memories to feed her scrapbooking habit and supply her friends.

My family met her family for lunch the other day and her husband was talking about how the business plan of PC was SO much better thought out than CM. He went on and on (and he NEVER talks :) ) about how PC is such a well run company in all aspects.

So, in addition to comparing the price of a kit, we need to also compare how our company matches up in other areas. Returns, customer service, warranties, etc. I'd say that once you weigh the pros and cons...PC still comes out on top:)

Premier jewelry is $1000 to start. They give you the option to use their "line of credit" and pay it off with your commission.

Wow! $1000!!??

jeanniec said:
One of my friends who used to sell PC is now selling lia sophia, and I am having a show for her this Friday. She told me the kit is $149 and you get $1,000 worth of jewelry in it. They pay 30% (even on the half-price selections for guests and hosts), take CCs, pay host benefits. When you have a team, you earn 10% on the team's retail sales (includes your sales, too).

As for losing your team, she did say that you can lose it if you don't meet the minimums, but isn't that the same with our Directorship?? The last time I was with PC, my Director lost her Directorship and we all rolled up to her upline. My friend said she is making more now doing less shows, and she had a nice show average with PC. She invited me to a meeting tonight, but I am not going!

With what they pay, and what they price their jewelry at, it makes me wonder how much they are getting it for!

Maybe I dont understand our Directorship. I know you can lose it but do you have to sign another 5 qualified recuits to get it back or can some or your originals count too? Kristi

you have 3 months (relinquishment cycle) to hit the 3 benchmarks ($350 personal sales, 5 personally recruited, active consultants, and $4000 cluster sales) you need to make all 3 of these each month. when you dont you enter this cycle. say in jan you miss one of these, you enter relinquishment, but in feb you hit all three you are back on track--no problem. but then say in june you miss them again, you enter relinquishment again (starting at month one again)--so it's really hard to totally give it up. then after relinquishment you have a repromotion period of 3 months and I'm not sure of all the requirements--something having to do with recruiting more people and them qualifying. so basically you really have 6 months until you start over again at consultant level. as long as you are consistent you really shouldn't have a problem with it.

KRISTI'SCOOKING said:
Maybe I dont understand our Directorship. I know you can lose it but do you have to sign another 5 qualified recuits to get it back or can some or your originals count too? Kristi

In a nutshell...when you become a director with PC, you have 3 goals to meet each month. 1) personal sales of $350 (minimum), 2) cluster sales of $4000-includes personal sales of director, and 3) 5 active consultants.

If you don't meet those 3 goals for 3 consecutive months you will go into relinquishment. Once in reliquishment you have 3 months to meet all the director requirements in a month PLUS recruit and qualify 2 new consultants.

If you do not meet those requirements, at the end of your 3 month period your entire original downline is PERMANENTLY reassigned to your upline director. Anyone you recruit (whether or not they qualify) during your reliquishment period gets to stay with you.

you don't have to recruit and qualify 2 more until you've entered the repromotion period which would be month 4,5 and 6 of not meeting the goals. and you have 3 months to do that.

ange13 said:
you don't have to recruit and qualify 2 more until you've entered the repromotion period which would be month 4,5 and 6 of not meeting the goals. and you have 3 months to do that.

Oops, Ange is right.

GeorgiaPeach said:
I have a friend that was a PC consultant for 4 yrs. She has recently joined Creative Memories to feed her scrapbooking habit and supply her friends.

My family met her family for lunch the other day and her husband was talking about how the business plan of PC was SO much better thought out than CM. He went on and on (and he NEVER talks :) ) about how PC is such a well run company in all aspects.

So, in addition to comparing the price of a kit, we need to also compare how our company matches up in other areas. Returns, customer service, warranties, etc. I'd say that once you weigh the pros and cons...PC still comes out on top:)

This is SO true. My neighbor does Traveling Vineyard and their policies are HORRIBLE!!! She has had a really rough time dealing with the company. They were strictly a mail order wine catalog first and then ventured into direct sales and the transition has not gone well. They don't support their consultants very well AT ALL.

I feel so blessed to be part of PC!

Home and Garden party is $99 for $200 in products and $149 for $300 in products for the startup kits. I joined when they were doing a half off promotion to get a picture for my son's room. I made sure that they understood that I had no intention of selling. That was fine. There is even a selection for I joined to only buy for me when you register.
My recruiter did want to sell until she found out what all it entailed. She was so excited because of the free shipping until she found out that shipping was built into the price and that you don't earn commission on the price listed but the adjusted price. For example, if an item is $20 you only make commission on $18 and there is an $8 administrative fee for every show you submit. So while you make 30% commission, after you pay the fee and you figure commission on the reduced price, you don't really make a lot. Plus you have to pay $25 fee every year to keep selling.

I think miss Pea-rooster should be able to post her name. I dont think that word should be blanked out on here. No one ever uses it in a bad way. The blanking out just draws way more attention to it. Like for ****tail napkins! It gets aggrivating.

gee, I feel dumb. I couldnt' figure out what was bad with "rooster"! Now I get it, the napkins gave me a clue. It still shouldn't be blocked out. If it wasn't part of another word maybe, but part of a name? just silly!

KRISTI'SCOOKING said:

Never heard of her.:confused: Hmmm? I belong in Luanne Duncan's but down here it is Jennifer Ward and Bonnie Banda. They take us in since our director retired.;) This meeting tonight is also a multi cluster event! i Can't WAIT!!! How did your meeting go?:)

I am also selling Pure Romance right now. I think that PC is much better because you do not have to carry any stock, you do not have to ship out any backorders, and you also do not have to set money aside to pay your sales tax. And by the way, right now they are having a kit special your can start for it think it was $99. but they always have $250, $500 and $1000 kits.

Last edited:

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chozengirl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Chozengirl
  • ivykeep
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
ivykeep