• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Bags: Creative Ideas to Recruit and Make You Think!

I remember she said to me - I wish someone would do something like PC for me. And I said - that's me!If you put something like this together, it will be both very comfortable to talk about and full of information about your business. Hope this helps!
queenjean
I want to incorporate a why bag into my shows as a recruiting commercial. I am looking for some creative, make you think and laugh items to put inside. Any ideas? What do you put in yours?

If you do not know what a why bag is...it is a bag or box of items that you pull out one at a time to explain why you are a PC consultant. For example, a pretend $100 bill because you can make $100 per night or a training bra to represent all the great training and support we receive.

I would love some other ideas. Anyone?

I have put:
A picture of my family (I do it for time home with them)
A rubberband (the flexibility)
A postcard of Chicago (conference)
A napkin from my daughters wedding (I paid for most of the wedding with my commission checks)
And now - a picture of my new granddaughter - because of PC, I was able to quit my full time job and help keep her. Nothing as rewarding!

I can't take credit for coming up with these - but this is what I've had in my why bag and I've been using it since November. I've actually had a few "maybes" on the opportunity on prize slips from when I've done the why bag presentation (now I just need to get someone to sign up!)I have a picture of my kids - I do PC to stay home with them (and also to get away from them sometimes - they are 5 and 3)
a toothpick - I get to choose (pick) when and how much I work (kinda like the rubber band - I like that too...)
a Monopoly hotel (the house was too small) - to talk about all the advantages of a home based business - tax write-offs etc.
and a $100 Monopoly fake money bill - explain that I almost feel guilty since I'm having as much fun as them and I make at least $100 each time I go out...Hope this helps and good luck with it. I'd love to hear if there are some great success stories from people using why bags!Val

I haveAn airplane - for the trips you can earn
$780 in play money - the most I earned doing PC - Part time!
Fake jewls - for the jewlery you can earn
A picture of everything I've earned - about 1 1/2 inch square hot glued onto ribbon - it's about 9 feet long! When I hold it up, and tell them it's over $1000 worht of product - they are amazed.

OopsI also have a "Let's party card" - because everytime I go to work I end up at a party.

Reposted from another response I gave on a Why Bag thread...

Twist on a presentation I saw, and something I use as a very comfortable way of talking about the opportunity...

I saw this a couple years ago for a motivational speech at our Sr.Exec's banquet at National Conf for PC: A consultant got large cans (spaghetti sauce size) and covered them with construction paper, pictures of cartoon eyes (think Mr. Potato Head) and the letter I.

Holding it up,she asked the room - what's this?

Eyes - can of eyes? glasses? Eye can? Yes, it's an I Can

[we'll leave the NatConf session for now]

I tell folks - yes, it's my I CAN...reasons I can represent the Pampered Chef...why I do this business!

Inside are about 10 things - which I talk about as follows:

-picture of my wife - "this is my bride, and she is one of the reasons I represent PC since it gives us more discretionary income; about $100 every show I do. PC helps give us flexibility in our budget and incentive opportunities for trips, prizes and free and discounted products. If you are a person who wants the whole catalog, I can share with you several ways to accomplish that."

-small brown leatherette book -"this is Eugene Peterson's The Message, which I place here to represent the Bible...Pampered Chef is a godly company, and one I humbly represent. They believe in bringing families together, in loving and supporting one another as you would be supported, and they have several generous giving campagins. (I talk about ROFTH, ASH and HWC, plus Doris's Family Studies Center at UofIL) I would be thrilled to offer a HWC show for you and your girlfriends in May - including a couple special products where dollars of your purchase price go directly to ACS for breast cancer research and education."

-When You Wish card from my Sr.Exec - "this is a fantastic person I get to work with...with a flexible business like PC, you can choose who you work with - literally who is your support and who you offer your support and training to. Early on in this business I wasn't always good at following up with people, and I shared this with her. She didn't chew me out, she helped me resolve the problem, and I quadrupled my sales by the end of that calendar year!"

-Host packing slip & order breakdowns -"this is one of the ways PC takes great care of hosts and guests, by giving the host an itemized packing list that even tells them which box the item is in, for which guest. Also, on the front is a Thank You letter from PC, and their Host Discount Card giving them 10% any PC purchases for a year! If you'd like to receive items for free, or you want your 10% discount card, see me about hosting a Cooking Show, a Fast & Simple Show where I bring foods already prepared and only stay about 20 minutes to leave you and your friends to chat, or the two options where where you don't even have to clean your house...a Catalog Show or my web specialty, the Easiest eShow, where your internet-savy friends get recipes, food tips and chance to shop in their fuzzy slippers."

-Recipe cards - "PC test kitchens tries out every recipe. So you know every PC cookbook, recipe card set and Season's Best recipe has been tested, tried and works! The test kitchens are a part of our terrific home office in Addison Illinois, outside of Chicago, and feature nutritionists, dieticians, home economists, scientists, and product testers. Every recipe is drafted, tested and reworked in the test kitchens before it ever goes to print."

-Cassette and DVD in a polyvinyl clear envelope -"PC training is phenomenal! They offer us videos, CD and cassette pointers to listen to in the car, as well as tele-classes and amazing instruction. Rather than re-invent the wheel, seasoned directors and consultants share the things that have worked for them, and we can adapt them to our own businesses."

-Early paystub from PC -"And of course one of the reasons is the paycheck. PC pays twice a month, and direct-deposits right to my checking account. Something amazing I want you to know, is I represented another company selling long distance phone plans, internet and cell phones for a year before starting with PC. My paychecks with them were typically $14, or $17 a month. In addition, I had to pay $50-100 each month for advertising, and then they wanted $299 for the privilege of my representing them for a second year? I just said no.

Instead, I was able to get my startup kit for only $90, (and we have ways of reducing that to either $70 or $50 which I can share with you, just ask). In my first month with PC, I earned more in commissions than I did in an entire year with the other company. PC is a product line which just sells itself, and their reputation is gold. PC customer service is tops. That we sell products like cutlery and cookware with a lifetime guarantee, is amazing - simply the best - and I like representing the best!"

-PC Wedding Shower invite -"Do you know of anyone getting married? We have an incredible pampering for either just the bride and her family and friends, or for both the bride and groom with a Pampered Chef Wedding Shower! This is an invitation featuring a heart cookie cutter, with a couple of spoons, and the invitation and info on the back saying -We'd like to start the happy couple out with a recipe collection from family an dfriends, so please fill out the recipe card with one of your favorite recipes and bring it to the Show! We have a lot of fun, at a shower I did in July, the couple received over $400 in Pampered Chef items free, and in addition to the absolute EASIEST online registry, I have a way to let guests buy gift items from your registry there--at the Show, wrap them, and you can open them there with everyone around, the same day! If you want the absolutely easiest shower you will ever give, where I provide the food and fun, you just provide the family and friends, contact me about a PC Wedding Shower!"

I also do theme shows - if you want something fun and different like this, what about a Taste of Tuscany - wine and Italian appetizers? Or a Desparate Housewives show - how to cook like Brie and sizzle in the kitchen, while drinking a cool Lawnboy Lemonade? Or a Death by Chocolate show where we start with a Chocolate Martini, and taste and see a Chocolate Turtle Fudge Cake, or Tuxedo Brownies demonstration? Or a Light and Simple show where we do low fat, low carb recipes? Or even a Weight Watcher's show where you get together with your friends, figure out how many points you have left at the end of the day, then that's what I'll cook! No kidding, we do have resources that show the point totals for Pampered Chef recipes, too. There is the Couples Kitchen Survivor show - where we pit the guys against the girls, and see who gets voted off of Kitchen Island! Or, I can do a Kids in the Kitchen show, where kids and parents come - the kids do sandwich wraps, and parents taste and see a quick Tomato Basil Squares or Chicken Taco soup! I even do fundraisers where a group can earn 10-50% profit, and benefit shows for Help Whip Cancer, America's Second Harvest Food Bank, or benefitting another charity you choose.

And finally, coming back to the NatConf workshop where I first saw the EYE CAN, is...
- a A lipton Teabag in its paper wrapper... what's this? TEA. Pampered Chef has helped me take the "T" out of 'I can't' and make it into 'I can!'. Pampered Chef has helped me to be a much more positive person. I have control over how much money I choose to make, I am better a planning and follow through, I work with amazing people, and I am better for the experience. Think for a moment about what might be holding you back in your life - and what incredible, awesome things whatever that is, is holding you back FROM.

Dream with me for just a moment. What would it be like to have positive people to work with--to actually pick who you work with? What would it be like to be able to spend more time with your family? What would it be like to receive a full time income for part time work--at parties with people like you? What would it be like to receive recognition for a job well done? To have encouragement each and every step of the way? To have a suggested plan that you get to shape into your own success?

What would that be like? How would you dress? How would you feel? What would your family have that they don't have now? Where would you live? What would you like to give back to your community? Pampered Chef has a spot for anyone from eighteen to umpteen - for women and men who can work a few hours a week to a few days a week, and yes, for you - if you want it. Most consultants begin with either short-term goals in mind, or on a part-time basis. If you want to dream about the possibilities of a fun, simple business with The Pampered Chef, talk with me.

This is my I can, and those are reasons I represent such a great company. I am Scott Backus, helping you discover the Pampered Chef you were meant to be!"

-----------------------------------------

Oh - I also use a paint can - you can get one from most home supply stores, or a paint store like Sherwin Williams or Rhodda--they had this brand new one they just gave me!

I love the I can. I think I would use the can and put my Why stuff inside.The items glued on a ribbon sounds impressive too, now If I could just remember it all.I hadn't heard of the toothpick, I like that too. You guys have all had great ideas so far. THANKS!!

1. How can Why Bags help me recruit more people for my Pampered Chef business?

Why Bags are a fun and unique way to showcase the benefits of becoming a Pampered Chef consultant. By including creative and thoughtful items in the bag, you can pique the interest of potential recruits and make them curious about joining your team.

2. What are some creative ideas for items to include in a Why Bag?

Some popular items to include in a Why Bag are kitchen tools, recipe cards, product samples, and a handwritten note explaining why you love being a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also get creative and include themed items based on your business, such as baking ingredients or cooking spices.

3. Can I customize the Why Bags to fit my personal brand and style?

Absolutely! We encourage consultants to personalize their Why Bags to showcase their own unique style and brand. You can include items and materials that reflect your personality and why you love being a Pampered Chef consultant.

4. How can I use Why Bags to grow my Pampered Chef business?

Why Bags are a powerful tool for both recruiting and networking. By giving out Why Bags at events or to potential customers, you are not only showcasing the benefits of being a consultant but also introducing people to your products and services. This can lead to potential sales and new business opportunities.

5. What makes Why Bags different from other marketing materials?

Why Bags offer a more personal and unique approach to marketing compared to traditional flyers or brochures. By including tangible items and a handwritten note, you are creating a more personal connection with potential recruits and customers. This can make a lasting impression and set you apart from other consultants.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCJenni
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • Jennie_becca
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lakamper