• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Get a Discount on the $155 Kit as a New Recruit?

In summary, the new recruits get a discount off the $155 kit if they purchase the kit off their own show.
siderits
Do new recruits get a discount off the $155 kit if they purhase the kit off their own show?

My situation ... a host is having a show tomorrow (1/14) who is potentially interested in signing up off her show. She wants to go under the new program so how will that play out?

It looked from the show planner that was displayed in the kit room at Leadership that there will still be the option to use kit credit for the new kit. Hooray! And congrats!

I called HO and asked, and am waiting to hear back. Nancy (the CustSvc rep I spoke with) had a new flyer, but didn't have that info.

[My Two Cents...Wouldn't it be cool if they could declare it as a half-priced item at their show, instead of using host $ dollars to buy-it-down?]

That would be very very cool Scott.

that would be coolVery Cool Idea Scott! Do you know something we don't?:D I just signed my first recruit last week and I'm not real excited about the price jump with the new program. I've been selling for 3 years now and FINALLY signed someone, it will be harder at $155 I think. We'll see. I'm Walking in July! Directorship here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the half-price idea...submit that idea to the HO!!

I think that the $155 price is only hard if WE think it is. It is all in our attitude, they will pick up on our feelings. If we talk about it with leads in an apologetic way ("I realize that this is a lot of money to many people but....") they will start to doubt the decision. BUT if we stress the value of the kit and the enhanced bonus program, they will get excited too.

I'm always amazed at how much people spend to join other companies ($300,$500, $1000)...we offer a better company, a better value, a better....EVERYTHING! Sell that!! Make the price of the kit a secondary detail :)

Okay people, for those of you who weren't at Leadership, you didn't get to hear and see the HUGE change in focus! Sell the DREAM, not the DEAL! I can't tell you how much more I had to work with consultants who got the kit for the deal than ones who wanted a business. Find out what your leads's dreams are and focus on that. Where else can you start a BUSINESS for $155? Most business cost thousands of dollars - even some direct sales ones. Yes, I do understand that some people don't have some extra money, and I feel bad for them. But, if they work hard to get you to X amount of show, maybe you can put in another $20 to get the kit under $100. However, I would not use that as a selling point, just a way to get people off the fence.

And another thing, at the $155 price, they are getting it at 70% off!

I think I heard you could get $20 or $40 off. The thought is to not be kit selling. I am teaching the 3,2,1 system and it seems to be going well.
3-calls a day
2-shows a week
1-recruit a month

I signed one so far on the old system, had an interview that wanted to view both and spoke to a MK host that seems interested in the new.

YIKES!! I HAVE 3 MORE PAPERWORK BOXES TO GET RID OF BY THE 21ST!!!!!

Has anyone had a chance to figure out the dollar value of the new consultant kit?

They announced at Leadership that the product value was over $400, and the paperwork added $100.

Chefgirl2 said:
I think I heard you could get $20 or $40 off. The thought is to not be kit selling. I am teaching the 3,2,1 system and it seems to be going well.
3-calls a day
2-shows a week
1-recruit a month

I signed one so far on the old system, had an interview that wanted to view both and spoke to a MK host that seems interested in the new.

YIKES!! I HAVE 3 MORE PAPERWORK BOXES TO GET RID OF BY THE 21ST!!!!!

With those paper work boxes "Quick Start Boxes" can anyone order them? And how much are they? Thanks!

Directors and above can order them for free. However, if they don't use them all by a certain date, they are charged for them - $35 this season.

cmdtrgd said:
And another thing, at the $155 price, they are getting it at 70% off!

Say that at your shows, and I'm sure that will help sell the 'dream' and the kit! ;) Thanks for sharing that info!

Tanya - I would hold off and submit her show unti lthe 22nd so that she can start under the new kit and not have to buy the upgrade later. I do belive she can still use $20-$40 kit credit. I guess you can give her the option of two kits. The one it currently is $90 and SS bonus's and buy the upgrade later (which will probably cost more in the long run) or the new way if she waits until the 22nd.

This commercial brought to you by....Basic PC Kit :$90.00

Enhanced NEW Kit: $155.00

The ability to SHOW and SELL immediately from "10" different categores: Priceless...

Right after I signed, I bought:
Slice-n-Grate $45.00
Exec Saute Pan $38.00
Cooling Rack $13.50
Tart Pan $14.75
Shaper $3.75
MicroPlane Grater $26.50
Med. Bar Pan $22.00
= ~ $163.00 (-20%) = ~ $130.00 above my initial investment (INVESTMENT!!)

Why? I wanted to make a few other recipes and didn't have what it took to make them... I didn't want to be stuck ONLY making what my SS Kit allowed me to...NOW - you get it in your kit!!

You can make more recipes!! and you can show more product!! you can encourage more to build a business with the new kit... they are going to SPEND MORE one way or another - why not have them spend $$ on what they WANT - not what tehy NEED...

I think the NEW kit will HELP new consultants empower themselves and HELP them to build dreams (I think MLK said something like that :cool: )

~~~and the crowd stood and a thunder of applause roared through the crowd ~~ Gina...Gina...Gina wake up!!

Oh??

My two cents anywhoooo:p ...

You feelin ok Gina?? LOL! I totally agree that it will get new recruits off to a better start, I just always liked saying that the average consultant makes their investment best with their first show, but now it is more like two...

My director told me tonight that the kit credits of $20 and $40 will still apply under the new recruiting if they sign up from their show.

I emailed HO and suggested a HOST SPECIAL be the New Kit at Half-Price. (Which I think is a cool thing for them to offer). If more people let HO know the same thing, maybe they'd make it happen.

At our upcoming Cluster meeting, we're supposed to come up with "How we'd sell the DREAM." Giving it some thought so I'll be ready Thursday. Here's what I'm thinking. How does it sound?

Hi, my name is Trish and I'm a Future Director and Recruiter for the Pampered Chef. I'll be your Cooking Coach for tonight, helping you put the "P" as in "Pizzass" in your "Perfect Kitchen." Before we start our excursion into the Tropics I'd like you to close your eyes, take a deep breath or two and clear your mind of all your immediate needs and worries. Then, think about a warm breeze, on a sunny day, on an island in the South Pacific. You're on a golden beach and can feel soft sand cushioning your step. It feels so very good to be in this place that you hate to leave. But, the cruise ship is calling. As you turn to go, you take a couple of deep, satisfying breaths and walk back to this room with all your family and friends. You can open your eyes when you're ready. Welcome back. I hope you enjoyed your trip. I want to let you know that the voyage I just described can be yours. Just for becoming a Pampered Chef Consultant like me. A Carribean cruise is one of the incentive trips you can earn by just working a few hours a month. If your dream is not an expense-paid vacation, then perhaps you might be interested in some of the other things a Pampered Chef Consultant Kit can do for you...

- Make great recipes for you and your family that are tax-deductible because they are a business expense.

- Remodel your kitchen without losing an arm or a leg. These products will transform your kitchen into an efficient, time-saving culinary experience.

- Earn income that pays off a credit card or holiday bills; helps you save for a car payment, college education or retirement plan; or provides your family with those few extra items you'd like to treat them to.

- Take an expense-paid vacation to Washington, D.C., London, England or a Caribbean Island. You choose where you want to go with our expanded incentive program.

-Own your own business and run it just the way YOU'D like to. No bad bosses, no weird working hours, no "you have to work on your birthday." You set your own hours and work your business the way you want to. If you can talk and stir at the same time, you can do this job!!

Trish Kidd
Future Director and Recruiter
Just signed #3

That is awesome Trish - Get them in the tropical feel and feed them some tropical food - I think I am also going to be ordering some leis from Oriental trading company I know they have lots of tropical theme items Hmmm should I wear a grass skirt during my demo????? Might be to much

Thanks, Kathy. I'm not sure a grass skirt is too much. I think I'm wearing a Hawaiian print shirt, leis, maybe even a flower in my hair. For you Hawaiians, if you're married, which side do you wear the flower on? Even play a little caribbean music as they come in.

Trish in Texas
Future Director and Recruiter
Just signed #3

I want that trip to Nassau or Washington Mainly I am thinking of Hubby His birthday is the week of the cruise and he loves the Carribean. He has not been to either of these ports. I know Washington would be great because of the Air and space museum and the Smithsonian

I have a shopping fair in March - Might start doing the tropical theme at that show too.

I just called HO back and they said...

YES - anyone "starting" right now uses the Old kit $90, and can buy-up to get the new items after Jan.22nd.

Anyone "starting" after Jan.22nd uses the New kit $155.

YES - they can buy it down with host credits $20 or $40, as before.

Go, PC! Go, Recruiters!! God Bless You!

You did get this from HO? My director was under the impression that the credit wasn't going to continue....

If you are married you need to wear the flower on your LEFT ear just like your wedding ring!!

scottcooks said:
I just called HO back and they said...

YES - anyone "starting" right now uses the Old kit $90, and can buy-up to get the new items after Jan.22nd.

Anyone "starting" after Jan.22nd uses the New kit $155.

YES - they can buy it down with host credits $20 or $40, as before.

Go, PC! Go, Recruiters!! God Bless You!
Just so you know...the upgrade is $105 for Super Starters on the old program.

Kit credit? When can we order the kit?My Recruit would like to use her $20 Or $40 discount to order her kit. My question is does her show have to be processed before we can order her kit and use the discount? I see orders are shipping from Jan 31 st still and I want her to get started!

jennifer flick said:
My Recruit would like to use her $20 Or $40 discount to order her kit. My question is does her show have to be processed before we can order her kit and use the discount? I see orders are shipping from Jan 31 st still and I want her to get started!

The show needs to be showing in the HO computer. So I guess that is a "yes" to having to be processed but it doesn't have to have been shipped. I have a new recruit start trying to submit her agreement 24 hours after it has been submitted. Usually it goes through, if not...wait another day.

Did anybody catch the typo In the new Planning Guide, the kit credits are $10 (#5227) and $40 (#5228). Isn't it $20 kit credit? Oops!!

HO sent out something (in Weekley Bites maybe) that said they realized they made the error and they would be corrected in our supply orders. I just changed the five I received already.

You can submit now under the new kit. Mine was $155 + tax today. You can still use $20/$40 kit credit.

DMB75 said:
Does this new tote come with the new kit?
Yes I believe it does.:)

Yes, the tote replaces the crate in the kit. It's not on supply order yet, so existing consultants who want it must earn it by recruiting in Jan/Feb.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda.the.chef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies