• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruit Reimbursement Incentive - Your Own

In summary, Linda offers a partial reimbursement for SS incentives for recruits who qualify within the first month. She offers a $25 or $35 incentive, or a free stone of their choice, as a qualifying incentive.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Do any of you give reimbursements to your new recruits as a signing incentive? I was at a workshop this past conference and the speaker (Amy Chertoff ?) was one of the speakers and she said that she has a program where does this if they qualify within a certain period of time (1st month or something). I think she said that she reimbursed them for 50% of their kit. I really want to put a boost into my recruiting and am contemplating something along these lines.

So, I guess my questions are:

Do you do this? Would you?

How's it working for you?

Do you offer any other incentive? If so, what?

Thanks!
Linda

I do not know, but I have only had one recruit - who went MIA.

At this point in my business, I cannot afford to give incentives.

I think if you can afford something though it is a great idea. Especially, to get them to qualify fast.

Have't recruited yet but I was thinking of doing something as a qualifying incentive. Don't we get PC $$? I thought it was $50 for each recruit? Anyways I thought to offer $25 PC to them towards supplies or products after they qualified? Just thoughts though, as I have not had 1 very interested taker yet!

heat123 said:
Have't recruited yet but I was thinking of doing something as a qualifying incentive. Don't we get PC $$? I thought it was $50 for each recruit? Anyways I thought to offer $25 PC to them towards supplies or products after they qualified? Just thoughts though, as I have not had 1 very interested taker yet!
Under the new program, they will be getting PC$ in stead of products as their SS incentives. And, yes we do get PC$ for each one that qualifies, but not until we make director - then we get the total all at once. (Go to the 2007 Incentives Program on CC and read rule #3 Developing Directors https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/tciy_rules.pdf )

Hmm then, I guess depending on how much extra money I have floating around, then I would maybe offer them a rebate after they quaified?

Y'all I have an extra Santoku Knife. It is still in the box. I am thiinking of using it as an incentive - offiering it to all recruits that sign-up in the that time frame as a raffle. If I only get one recruit - they get it - if I get more, I will draw a name.
Part of me wants to keep the knife - but it has sat in the box for 3 months, so why not offer it! What do you think???

Y'all I have an extra Santoku Knife. It is still in the box. I am thiinking of using it as an incentive - offiering it to all recruits that sign-up in the that time frame as a raffle. If I only get one recruit - they get it - if I get more, I will draw a name.
Part of me wants to keep the knife - but it has sat in the box for 3 months, so why not offer it! What do you think???

Linda _ to answer your question, I have offered partial reimbursement in the past when they qualify their first SS month. I've offered $25 or $35 back - or a free stone of their choice (I would buy it at the discount on a show order). It worked - I use the coupon I found on this website and just edited it....attached.

Attachments

• recruiting coupon.doc
    147.5 KB · Views: 647
I am thinking I may offer oneThe recruiting promotion for us offers us a chance to earn PC$ when we recruit 1/22-2/28, if they qualify within 30 days. I think during that time frame I will offer to pay back $50 on their kit if they qualify within the 30days. Then they also get the PC$ that they earned plus my reimbursment and I will still come out ahead. Make sense?

Cindycooks said:

Linda _ to answer your question, I have offered partial reimbursement in the past when they qualify their first SS month. I've offered $25 or $35 back - or a free stone of their choice (I would buy it at the discount on a show order). It worked - I use the coupon I found on this website and just edited it....attached.
The Santoku is an awesone incentive!

Thanks for the coupon, I may tweek it a bit for myself.

So, did you find that this helped in recruiting? If so, did they stick around?

sherriel said:
The recruiting promotion for us offers us a chance to earn PC$ when we recruit 1/22-2/28, if they qualify within 30 days. I think during that time frame I will offer to pay back $50 on their kit if they qualify within the 30days. Then they also get the PC$ that they earned plus my reimbursment and I will still come out ahead. Make sense?
Makes sense to me.

I've really been contemplating doing this for a while and I've heard of successful recruiters who do it too. I'm not yet a successful recruiter....but I wanna be! I was hoping that this might be extra incentive and may help to nudge someone who may be a 'fence-sitter'. Plus, I figure, I'm earning income off of them when they qualify so I'll have extra income that I don't have now.....make sense?

pamperedlinda said:
Makes sense to me.

I've really been contemplating doing this for a while and I've heard of successful recruiters who do it too. I'm not yet a successful recruiter....but I wanna be! I was hoping that this might be extra incentive and may help to nudge someone who may be a 'fence-sitter'. Plus, I figure, I'm earning income off of them when they qualify so I'll have extra income that I don't have now.....make sense?

I think it's a win/win. You'll be that much closer to your goal of promoting. Definately worth a try! :)

I've been thinking about this too LInda. Especially with the increased price of the kit. I guess you don't know until you try, and if it doesn't work well, you don't have to continue! I think making a time stipulation is a good idea though. If they qualify in 30 days or something.

pamperedlinda said:
Under the new program, they will be getting PC$ in stead of products as their SS incentives. And, yes we do get PC$ for each one that qualifies, but not until we make director - then we get the total all at once. (Go to the 2007 Incentives Program on CC and read rule #3 Developing Directors https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/tciy_rules.pdf )

not sure if I understand this correctly... as far as I know, nothing has changed about the 25 catalogs/$50 PC upon qualifying -- for your first 5 recruits. Was that said at Leadership? I must have missed that part of the announcements!:eek:

Nevermind, I just read it on pg 17 of our Special edition CN! I don't remember that being announced. The 25 cattys stay the same, but after Feb 1st it'll be $250 PC Dollars when you promote. If you have recieved $50 PC before Feb 1st, they'll just give you the balance (for a total of $250) when you promote to Director. Interesting!

I have offered incentives (no one took the bait) and I think Don Funt offers new recruits money back if they QUALIFY within a certain time frame.

I think that needs to be the key to your incentive. They must qualify and there should be a specific time frame. Otherwise, you're giving something away when you have not been guaranteed a payoff (incentive points).

What worked for me was finding out a product that they just "had to have". Even if it was something expensive, getting them to qualify was worth it, IMHO. For one consultant, it was actually the discontinued stoneware storage rack and for another it was the EAD. I know my director offered the three tiered stand. Both of them qualified!

My director said that she tells people they need to qualify with $1250 or 4 shows. If they get the 1250 (BTW she qualifies all recruits in one month) they get the SS package from PC (or PC dollars now) but if they do the 4 shows she offers a $20 PC gift certificate...

Is PC not going to be doing recruiting incentives for the recruits anymore, then? I know they're giving PC dollars rather than the SS bonus kits, but what about the promotions that happened every so often? Personally, I can't afford to reimburse my recruits right now. My only active recruit wanted the lap boards, so I bought her a set of those when she qualified, but that's all I've done.

chefmelody said:
Personally, I can't afford to reimburse my recruits right now. My only active recruit wanted the lap boards, so I bought her a set of those when she qualified, but that's all I've done.

Melody,

I think people are incentives because they have a particular goal they are trying to reach. That's was my reason.

The beauty (one of them) of this business is that the company offers wonderful incentives (that we don't have to pay for!) for our Hosts and our recruits. No one should ever feel like they need to offer more. My Senior Director (and good friend) always reminds us that P-Chef offers
wonderful "gifts/benefits". She's been doing this business for 17 years.

I think it's especially important when you're first starting out to spend as little money as possible. Take advantage of the SS packages. Travel light (catalogs, order forms and pens) to your shows. Wait till you've made some money to invest your money. I'd hate for people to quit/get discouraged because all of their profits are going out the door.

Jeanine

I don't usually give an extra incentive. When I have it has not worked out. I feel like if I have to talk someone into doing this they won't stick with it and might not even qualify. Pampered Chef gives them so much! I just talk that up.

That being said I have been thinking that I might offer those that use the kit credit (they are the ones that are worried about the up front money and so may not have the extra $$ for the new kit), anyway, I might offer them something like a $25 rebate once they qualify if it's within the 30 days. I think I will try that with the lead that is thinking about joining right now to see if it helps her decide.

Are they still going to be able to use kit credit? I haven't seen anything yet. I have someone now who is thinking about becoming consultant, but I don't have a lot of information to give her. Her show is not until Feb. 20th.

You still can get a $20 or $40 kit credit...

1. What is the "Recruit Reimbursement Incentive - Your Own" program?

The "Recruit Reimbursement Incentive - Your Own" program is a program offered by Pampered Chef to incentivize current consultants to recruit and train their own team members. This program allows consultants to receive a reimbursement for their recruiting expenses, such as business supplies and training materials.

2. Who is eligible for the "Recruit Reimbursement Incentive - Your Own" program?

All active Pampered Chef consultants are eligible for the "Recruit Reimbursement Incentive - Your Own" program. This includes consultants who have been with the company for at least 3 months and have a minimum of $500 in sales during the previous 3 months.

3. How much can I expect to be reimbursed through this program?

The amount of reimbursement varies depending on the expenses incurred by the consultant during their recruiting efforts. Reimbursements can range from $50 to $200 per month, with a maximum of $600 per year.

4. What types of expenses are eligible for reimbursement?

The "Recruit Reimbursement Incentive - Your Own" program covers a variety of expenses, including business supplies, training materials, and promotional items used for recruiting purposes. However, expenses related to travel, meals, and lodging are not eligible for reimbursement.

5. How do I apply for the "Recruit Reimbursement Incentive - Your Own" program?

To apply for the "Recruit Reimbursement Incentive - Your Own" program, consultants must submit a completed reimbursement form along with receipts for their eligible expenses to the Pampered Chef Home Office. Reimbursements are typically processed within 4-6 weeks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Cassie1037
Replies
Views
lacychef