• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Time to Say Goodbye to My Pampered Chef Business?

I agree with what Jennifer said. Let her know you understand and that she can still be active by doing catalog shows to try and earn free stuff.
AJPratt
Silver Member
Hi, Anne-

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. Things have been really hectic lately! I've been doing a lot of thinking about where I'm headed in my life and where my Pampered Chef business fits into all of that. I really hope that you don't end up being upset at me, but I am pretty sure that I am not going to continue with my business. I've given it a lot of thought, and I really am going to concentrate into putting all my extra time into school right now. I just signed up for another class this semester, which means I'm going to have classes four nights during the week. That would only leave one night open to try and schedule shows, and I really don't want to be away from Faith or Jeremiah every night during the week! I just feel like right now it's really important for me to concentrate on my education, because it's something I always promised myself I would finish. After I take these classes this semester, I only have three more until I receive my associate's degree. Then I'm going to concentrate on substitute teaching and try to get into the elementary education program at Stockton. I know it's going to take up a lot of my time, and it's really what I want to be doing right now. I feel really bad ... but I know that this is the direction I need to go in!! I just wanted to thank you for ALL of your help, I just don't feel like I am able to fit PC in right now, and when I'm not giving something my all, I feel like it's not fair to everyone else. I really hope that you're not upset at me and understand where I'm coming from!!

(I am just confused because 2 days ago she was asking for words to use when calling her customers. Any advice you could offer would be great.)

Last edited:
I know it is a bummer for you, but she does sound like she has alot on her plate. I would recommend to her that she may still want to do something where she can do the $200 in two months to stay active in case she ever wants to start back up she would not loose her career sales. And she can keep her discounts too. At least that would keep her as an active recruit under you! With school and teaching she should be in contact with enough people to do a catalog show and not even have to do a cooking show to be active.

Is this from you Anne???

I think that she was trying to give it her 100% when she was doing it, and didn't decide until now that she just can't do it... I think about the day that I let me recruiter/director know if I am not going to continue in the business...

I agree with what Jennifer said. Tell her you completely understand and let her know to stay active she doesn't have to hold cooking shows. SHe can continue her biz through catalog shows to try and earn free stuff.;)

well at least she toldd you , you know how many consultants just drop off the face of the earth ! LOL, i would thank her for letting you know, and tell her if she ever decideds she want to pick it back up at any point in time to call you and you will be there for her.

I am not sure on the three month leave of absence... is this an option for her for now??? Maybe if she had the three months, did a catty show the fourth month at 200 then she would be into summer???

Flamingo said:
Is this from you Anne???
No, its from my MOST SUCCESSFUL consultant! I think she should just do the $200 to stay active to keep her options open. I could always depend on her to cover for me if I needed it and now she's leaving. I just don't know what to say.

I would thank her for all she has done to help you in your business and tell her you are really going to miss her. I would also offer her to stay active doing the minimum, but not push it. This was probably a hard decision for her to make.

If you are nice about it she will probably want to come back some day and you could always use her in the future.

That a bummer.. But, if her heart isn't in it she won't do a good job. she does sound like she's very busy and she trying to set her priorities. Does she know that all she has to do is $200 every other moth to stay active? Maybe she feels like she has to do more? I'd remind her of that and then give her your blessing on whatever she decides to do. After she finishes her education and gets settled in her teaching career she just may decide to come back. And it would be great for you to keep a good relationship with her so that she'd come back to you.

Hugs!
Linda

I had this happen in the Fall, Anne! Same thing - going back to school....didn't want to be away from her family every night, etc......She is actually hosting a show for me in Feb. now. I am not someone who likes to talk someone out of a decision they have made(could come back to bite you!), but I have kept her on my email list, and she still gets info from me - I consider her still a member of my team - just an inactive member! I really believe that one day when the timing is better for her, she'll be back!
Not much help I know - it's always discouraging to lose someone you've invested so much time into!

I would tell her you understand completely what she is going through. I would alsolet her know about doing catalog shows to stay active. Then when summer comes she could do cooking shows to earn some extra income.

I have to say that I know exactly how she is feeling. I just finised my BA degree. I have been out of high school for 21 years. I wanted to finish my degree and had started several times, but family priorities would come up and I would quit. I made the decision to finish. I took online courses, worked a full time job, helped my husband with his business, and tried to attend all the kids' school functions...and held catalog shows to stay active. It was exhausting! I was so glad when my last semester ended in December. Now, I have a degree and I quit my job to help my husband full time in his business, and plan to work more PC. Even though I am not using my degree in a job, I am able to use it in my Sunday School class, children's church, 4-H leader activities...and even PC. My degree is in Family and Consumer Science with a child development emphasis. I was able to take classes on the elderly, children, nutrition, family development, etc. My biggest feeling is that I accomplished what I set out to do...finish my degree. I mainly did it for myself. I felt like I needed to finish.

Thank YOU ALL! This is really great info! Some people think that they have to be all gung-ho to do well in this and you don't! I will collect my thoughts before I call!

I can't help but think if I get her to kickoff (Jan 30th) she won't quit. if she meets other people who are in a similar situation, she may be able to see that she can just stay active now and then in the summer do well. Hmmm...

mbh06 said:
I am not sure on the three month leave of absence... is this an option for her for now??? Maybe if she had the three months, did a catty show the fourth month at 200 then she would be into summer???

I would thank her for her honesty and then ask if you can give her a few options to think about. The 3 month LOA is a great idea. That way she has time to think about the decision and not end up making it at a time when she is feeling overwhelmed. It would be terrible to make this decision out of frustration and find out in a couple of months that everything has changed and you regret quitting.

Anne,
I would definitely word it like Lisa - give her a few options to think about...but make sure that you don't overwhelm her, then she may just bail right away and won't take the time that she deserves before giving it up. Be supportive, but don't be too selfish! These sort of flexibilities are why we are in PC in the first place, and knowing that "I can try it, and if it isn't for me...I am not bound to anything..."

Three month optionCan someone please fill me in on this. I am in a similar situation, and about to go in-active, but maybe not if I could get the three month option. I really don't want to loose credit for all of my previous sales. Thanks for your help.

I tried to call her and got her machine, even though I see she's online. Maybe she ran out. I may not even get the chance to talk to her. :(

Anyway, I sent her a quick email:

Hi, Rose... Just left you a message. I wanted to email you just in case messages are handled in your house the same way as mine: Dave will write it down and then forget to tell me. LOL

Anyway, I got your email and I am really excited for you going back to school! I think its a great idea and think you would be an amazing teacher! Please give me a call when you get the chance, I just want to check on a couple of things to make sure this is a smooth transition.

Talk to you soon!

AP

I am so sorry. At least she had the courtesy to let you know she was not going to continue. I have a recruit who was doing wonderful - $1000 or more each month for 5 months, then just decided to quit. No explanation - wont return phone calls or my emails. So frustrating!

Maybe if your recruit knows about the awesome new incentives and new products she will consider giving it another shot for a few months? Good Luck....

That sounded great Anne :)

Anne, I think all the advice you've gotten so far is great. Consider it a testament to your style and her loyalty to you that she let you know that she can't do PC right now and that she understands that her choice impacts you. So many consultants have no idea what the stress is they put their uplines through by dropping off the face of the earth with no notice. If she decides to take the leave and/or attempt a catalog show every 2 months that is great, if not keep the lines open, make sure she knows what the new products & incentives are so if she finds she is missing PC she can get back into the swing of things quickly & easily - but make sure she is ok getting your "team" emails/newsletter.

Okay I went and got out the Recipe for success:

if she is within 1-11 months of inactivity and decides to come back all she has to do is submitt a $200 show. She would not have to submitt a new agreement, liability insurance accumulates durring this time and would be taken out of first check. Bad- she'd start over w/ $0 career sales

Request for personal sales requirement waiver: granted for up to 3 months, reasons include; medical, relocation to a new permanant residence more then 100 miles away, family/personal crisis, disaster. They must submit their own request. It is on pg. F-15 w/ details of what to do, etc.
basicaly if she hasn't had any sales this month she'd have until the last buisness day in Feb. to submitt her request (She should do it ahead of time) Then she'd have Jan, Feb, & March off. Submitt a $200 catty show by the end of April and be good for May then have the summer...

However, I'm not 100% sure they would grant her the leave??? Plus it sounds like she has put a lot of thought into it already. I loved the wording of your e-mail and I would maybe give her the pages in RS and let her look it up on her own and make her own descisions?? Good luck to the both of you!

Well, she hasn't emailed me back or returned my call. I just don't know what would happen to her registries. And I know she has a STRONG recruit lead.

AJPratt said:
Well, she hasn't emailed me back or returned my call. I just don't know what would happen to her registries. And I know she has a STRONG recruit lead.
Maybe you could ask her for that lead if she really decides to leave.

1. What is "Got This Email Last Night..." about?

"Got This Email Last Night..." is a newsletter sent out by Pampered Chef to keep customers updated on new products, promotions, and recipes.

2. How often is the newsletter sent out?

The newsletter is typically sent out once a month, but may vary depending on the timing of new product releases and promotions.

3. How do I sign up for the newsletter?

You can sign up for the newsletter by visiting the Pampered Chef website and entering your email address in the designated sign-up form, or by providing your email address to a Pampered Chef consultant.

4. Can I unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time?

Yes, you can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email, or by contacting Pampered Chef customer service.

5. Is the newsletter free to receive?

Yes, the newsletter is completely free to receive. There is no cost associated with signing up or receiving the newsletter.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PamperedChefDebi
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • cincychef