• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unsure About an Email I Received? How to Respond and Protect Your Business

In summary, the conversation was about receiving an email from someone expressing interest in the Pampered Chef business opportunity. The recipient was unsure if it was a legitimate inquiry or a spam attempt. After receiving the person's contact information, the recipient plans to follow up and potentially meet with them to discuss the opportunity further.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
I got this email yesterday:

Hello Linda,

I had written you earlier this year about the Pampered
Chef business opportunity. I just wanted to touch base
with you again to let you know that I am still very
interested in the opportunity its just with work and
home and school. I have had no time. I will not be
attending school this Spring so I figure this will be
the best time for me to start. I have your contact
info and will call you right after the new year.

Thank you,
(removed her name)

And, I swear that I have never met this person (she has a very different first name so I KNOW that I would remember if I had met her). I don't know if this is for real or someone fishing to see if I'll respond and then start spamming me (okay, so I'm a little leery of strangers). Her name and her email address are not in my files and she is not in my PP records as ordering from me.

I was thinking about responding back to her with something like: Great! I'm so happy to hear from you. In the meantime, please send me your mailing address and phone number so that I can forward to you some exciting news and information on becoming a Pampered Chef Consultant. I can't wait to talk to you!

Anyhow, I'd love to have a recruit, but I'm not sure if this person has mistakenly sent me an email or if it's sincere.

What would you do?

thanks,
Linda

Linda,It could be that you talked to her at a show or booth and she didn't give you her contact info right then. I would email her just as you said above. I think this is too elaborate of an email for fishing. Go for it!

I think your response sounds good.

Go for it!It's always a good idea to try to check up on any leads. It may be a sincere lady who really wants to join PC. That is a great response to ask for her mailing address and phone number. I think it would be wonderful to set up a place and time to meet over coffee to discuss the opportunity in person.

Keep us posted!!!

Debbie :D

Good luck! I agree that it is a little hard to phish from that as she didn't request any of your personal information or anything unusual, so worst case scenario you lose some recruiting info!!

If you email her and get a reply back, I suggest you let her know when your next Cluster meeting is and/or your next show and invite her to come see what you do and/or the support you receive - no strings attached.

I agree, go for it, and if she replies send her the info. You never know...maybe she's a friend of one of your customers!

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess what got me as weird was where she said that she wrote to me earlier....(that I would definately have remembered and kept a copy of...) Anyhow, I emailed her so now it's up to her to contact me again. I'll keep ya'll posted. Wouldn't that be great, to start the new year with a new recruit!

I would also let her know that you expect to hear some exciting announcements after the leadership meeting and this would be a great time to start her business.

If its a hoax and she starts spamming you, you can always report her email as spam. I have never received anything about PC that wasn't legit, but I do get a lot of spam.

She said that she has written you earlier this year about the Pampered
Chef business opportunity.

Let us know when you hear back from her!

dannyzmom said:
Let us know when you hear back from her!

She emailed me back with her address and phone number, so I guess she's legit (woo hoo!). I'm still not sure who she is though. I don't recognize her name and her email address is not in my database, but her last name is sounding familiar to me (her first name in the email is VERY different so I KNOW I would remember hearing it). I'm starting to think that maybe she is the daughter of somone who attended one of my shows. I still can't place her though- I'm thinking that when I met her she used a diffrent first name - maybe a nick-name. Anyhow, I'm excited. I'm going to give her a call this afternoon and see if I can arrange to meet with her in the next few days.

Way to go!!!

That's awesome Linda! What a FANTASTIC way to start the new year!;)

That is great! Happy New Year!

Way to go Linda...and YES ... do keep us posted ;)

1. What should I do if I receive an email that seems suspicious or unusual?

If you receive an email that you are unsure about, the first thing you should do is carefully review the email and its contents. Look for any red flags such as spelling or grammatical errors, urgent or threatening language, or requests for personal or sensitive information. If the email seems suspicious, do not respond or click on any links or attachments.

2. How can I protect my business from potential phishing emails?

One way to protect your business from phishing emails is to educate yourself and your employees about how to identify and handle suspicious emails. Additionally, you can implement email security measures such as spam filters and email authentication protocols. It is also important to regularly update your software and devices to prevent hackers from exploiting any vulnerabilities.

3. Should I reply to the email to verify its authenticity?

No, you should not reply to the email to verify its authenticity. This could alert the sender that your email address is active and lead to more spam or phishing attempts. Instead, use other methods to verify the legitimacy of the email, such as contacting the supposed sender through a different channel or doing a quick online search for the email or sender's name.

4. What should I do if I accidentally clicked on a link or attachment in a suspicious email?

If you accidentally clicked on a link or attachment in a suspicious email, immediately disconnect your device from the internet and run a virus scan. If you entered any personal or sensitive information, such as login credentials, change your passwords as soon as possible. It is also important to report the incident to your IT department or a cybersecurity professional.

5. How can I report a suspicious email?

If you receive a suspicious email, you can report it to your company's IT department or to a cybersecurity agency, such as the Anti-Phishing Working Group or the Internet Crime Complaint Center. You can also forward the email to the Federal Trade Commission at [email protected]. This helps authorities track and take action against scammers and protect others from falling victim to the same scam.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil
  • ChefBeckyD