• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Addressing a Recruit - Unqualifed, No Sales, Etc.

In summary, the recruit is supposed to have her kit shipped to her directly and then her recruiter is supposed to come to a show to start the process.
ChefinHarmony
What do you say to a recruit who tells you she needs to "postpone her career" with PC? She did a catalog show in August to get her kit at a discount. She recheduled her "kick-off" show twice due to health issues - both hers & her Moms. We contacted HO and had them rescheduled her starter month to November. She hasn't submitted one order. Her kickoff show was supposed to be today, but she cancelled again. She said her Mom went back into the hospital. How should I address it? Should I just tell her to hold off until the end of January and see if she can submit ANYTHING before then? Do you say anything like "We need to contact PC to see what to do about your kit" I mean, I know they don't do anything, but I don't want her to think she could just keep it either. I don't know her very well - I've tried calling, chatting, etc over the last few months and she's tough to get in touch with. I feel bad - but I don't want to just "drop it" either. How have you addressed recruits who fell through?? Can PC just give her a "leave" if she never qualified? Should I just give her a personal "leave" and said something like - "I'll check back with you in January. If you truly feel you can't submit a thing, then I'll come get your kit." This is tough - any feedback would be great!!
Thanks!!
Joanne

I have a recruit like this too! She keeps telling me that she isn't ready to have a show yet because she can't afford to BUY anything right now. Hello?? You aren't BUYING the products, you're SELLING them!! I am so frustrated with her!! Now that I slipped that vent in....

I would call her and let her know that she is missing out on the best time of year to sell PC and suggest a few ideas like taking catalogs to the nurses at the hospital, or treating a business. There are many ways to sell PC without holding conventional cooking shows, maybe send her the 118 ways to get bookings file and see if it lights a fire under her! Since you can't really do anything (I don't think you can legally take her kit) and she has a full year to qualify technically I would just do my best to encourage her. Even after she screws herself out of her Super Starters she is still a consultant (just inactive). It sucks for you because you won't get any points if she does qualify after going inactive, but if she isn't motivated in the beginning I doubt she will one day pick up the pieces and qualify.

Long story long, I say do your best to motivate her now, and then bless and release if that is unsuccessful!

re: Kitnappers...
ChefinHarmony said:
What do you say to a recruit who tells you she needs to "postpone her career" with PC? She did a catalog show in August to get her kit at a discount. She recheduled her "kick-off" show twice due to health issues - both hers & her Moms. We contacted HO and had them rescheduled her starter month to November. She hasn't submitted one order. Her kickoff show was supposed to be today, but she cancelled again. She said her Mom went back into the hospital. How should I address it? Should I just tell her to hold off until the end of January and see if she can submit ANYTHING before then? Do you say anything like "We need to contact PC to see what to do about your kit" I mean, I know they don't do anything, but I don't want her to think she could just keep it either. I don't know her very well - I've tried calling, chatting, etc over the last few months and she's tough to get in touch with. I feel bad - but I don't want to just "drop it" either. How have you addressed recruits who fell through?? Can PC just give her a "leave" if she never qualified? Should I just give her a personal "leave" and said something like - "I'll check back with you in January. If you truly feel you can't submit a thing, then I'll come get your kit." This is tough - any feedback would be great!!
Thanks!!
Joanne

Our Director is having all new starter kits shipped directly to her then the new recruit and their recruiter are to come to her house for training, etc on a particular Sat. I have yet to attend this because when I signed up with my recruiter we had the kit shipped to me. I didn't get much training as I've been in / with DSA's in the past.

HTH;
Liz

lizcooks4u said:
Our Director is having all new starter kits shipped directly to her then the new recruit and their recruiter are to come to her house for training, etc on a particular Sat. I have yet to attend this because when I signed up with my recruiter we had the kit shipped to me. I didn't get much training as I've been in / with DSA's in the past.

HTH;
Liz

This is what I am doing now as well.
As far as yo ustruggling to get this girl to work...if YOU are working harder at HER career than she is...then it's time to let her go. BLESS AND RELEASE her.

Am I the only one who gets upset with "kit nappers?" That's what we call them up here in my cluster.

I guess I just think that people should do what they say. If there's circumstances that get in the way, exceptions could be made, but come on. You sign up, you get a boat load of products for cheap, then you don't do anything with them.

For those that pay with CC, I think the CC should be charged for the balance of what the products would cost. Haven't figured out what to do with people who pay with checks. Anyone ever hear of anyone returning the kit because he/she changed their mind?

I know... somewhat of a hard a@s, but I get grumpy when grown adults flake out.

Had the same thing happen twice. I actually feel sorry for them because if they have any conscience at all I know everytime they use/ look at the products they know deep down inside they did not fulfill their side of the deal. I have gently reminded her that all she has to do is submit a $200.00 show and she's back in. Every once in awhile I'll email just to let her know I haven't forgotten her. As for me this is my third time as a consultant, and now planning on making it my job instead of hobby. We never know when they will realize what an opportunity we have, and put their heart into it.

Last edited:
PamperChefCarol said:
For those that pay with CC, I think the CC should be charged for the balance of what the products would cost. Haven't figured out what to do with people who pay with checks. Anyone ever hear of anyone returning the kit because he/she changed their mind?
Yeah, and we should make a cut off it for being the one to get them to "buy" all that! Think about it, the actual products total around $260-270 (the supplies and paperwork are the balance of the $350 value)...so that's a minimum $52 in commission....

I think PC knows that there are some people who will walk with the kit and I don't think there is really anything that can be done about it. I have one recruit and she hasn't done anything but I am just going to keep sending her encouragement until I see that she is officially inactive. Since she can't go inactive during her SS months, I guess that means she will get four months of encouraging email! :)

Don't give up though - I had a girl sign through the HO Lead system back in April while I was away on the PC Cruise. When I got home I called her and she never called me back. I called a few more times, kept her on my email list (doesn't cost me a dime), and kept mailing her my monthly communication & recognition report. Once she dropped off my IPT, I stopped mailing her but kept her on my email (I do that when people go IA, I keep them on my email til their 1yr is up). Well last week she replied to one of my emails - I nearly fell out of my chair. She said life took an unexpected turn shortly after she signed and she had to fly back home to her family up north for a few months...long story short - she is now READY to get started, has shows lined up, just needs some basic coaching.

Another gal who went IA last January but I kept on my email list -- she called me last month ready to start up again!

The phrase my director constantly uses is "if you can't change your people, change your people." Let them go and keep searching for the ones that want/need to do this. I've had 6 recruits and only 1 is still active (well, she just signed in Nov).

Pamprd_Heather said:
The phrase my director constantly uses is "if you can't change your people, change your people." Let them go and keep searching for the ones that want/need to do this. I've had 6 recruits and only 1 is still active (well, she just signed in Nov).

Yep!!
Some will,
Some won't,
So what?
Who's next??

What do I do if I am addressing a recruit who is unqualified?

You should first assess if the recruit has any potential to become qualified through training and development. If not, it may be best to redirect them to a different role or department within the company that better aligns with their skills and experience.

How can I address a recruit who has no sales experience?

You can address this by highlighting transferable skills and qualities that could make them successful in a sales role, such as strong communication skills, resilience, and a competitive mindset. You can also offer training and resources to help them develop sales skills.

What should I say to a recruit who doesn't seem interested in the job?

Try to understand the reason behind their lack of interest. It could be due to a lack of understanding about the job or company, or personal reasons. Address their concerns and try to spark their interest by highlighting the benefits and opportunities of the job.

How can I handle a recruit who has no relevant experience?

You can address this by focusing on their transferable skills and potential. Ask them about their experiences and achievements, and how they can apply those to the job. Offer training and support to help them gain the necessary experience.

What do I do if a recruit has a history of job-hopping?

It's important to understand the reasons behind their job-hopping. It could be due to personal circumstances or a lack of job satisfaction. Address these concerns and try to assess if they are a good fit for the job and if the company can provide them with long-term growth opportunities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • makeawhisk
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • wadesgirl