• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dreams of Becoming a Consultant: Is Following Up Wrong?

In summary, the woman went to a festival and asked a lady who had said she loved PC if she already had a consultant. The lady said she gets someone's email and that she has always dreamed of becoming a consultant, but is too scared. The woman encouraged her to think about it and got her contact information. The woman said good-bye and has not followed up. The other consultant has never talked to her about the opportunity, and it is uncertain if she will sign with the woman. If the woman signs under the woman, the woman is all hers.
beepampered
I went to a festival last weekend where I asked a lady who had said she loved PC if she already had a consultant. She said she gets someone's email. We keep chit-chatting and I discover that she "has always dreamed of becoming a consultant but she's too scared." I encouraged her to think about it, got her contact info and said good-bye.

I have not followed up because her consultant is my director's good friend and I don't know if it's ethical. Obviously, this other consultant never discussed it with her and may not even know her. I doubt this lady will sign but at least want to follow-up with her but is that wrong? Thanks for your thoughts.....

She gets to choose who she signs with. Give her the info and let her know she can sign under you or under the person whose emails she gets.

She obviously feels comfortable with you, since she mentioned that she's been interested. If she feels that close to you already, I wouldn't worry about it. You can give her the information, and she can make her own choice about who to sign under.

An email is an email.....but a personal contact is the start of a relationship - it sounds like you actually have had more contact with her in one conversation than the other consultant has ever had - and it doesn't sound like the other cons. has ever talked to her about the opportunity....her loss! I think it would be considered "stealing", if all of her info etc. about joining came from someone else and you just swooped in and convinced her to sign with you instead!

If the consultant has never talked to her about it, then she's all yours!

Thanks for your thoughts. I was thinking that it was okay, but since she is a good friend of my director and been in the business so much longer than me, I didn't want to burn any bridges. I'll call the lady soon and see if I can give her more info.

Now, to help her overcome her fears.....BEE

If the other consultant never asked, then the potential recruit is all yours. :) My cousin used to be a PC consultant - never asked me about it. Then I signed with my recruiter, who I had met at a show. When I showed up at a family function in a PC shirt, my cousin asked me about it. She was understanding, and admitted that since she hadn't asked me, it was her own fault.

If your director has never spoken to her about it, then I say go for it!

You can always mention to your director what happened and see what advice they give if you are concerned about stealing. I do think that if she mentioned it to you she would be more comfortable under you so I'd go for it.

I always say "he who hesitates is lost"

You did what you were supposed to do, ask if another consultant has talked w/her about the opportunity. If she signs under you, don't feel bad! It is on her to decide.

I was in this type of situation. I went to a show and wanted to sign. But my mom's neighbor (now my director) talked to me about it 2 yrs ago. I knew if I didn't sign under her, she'd be hurt. The consultant who did the show was very understanding and supportive of my decision.

1. Can following up with potential clients be seen as pushy or annoying?

It all depends on how you follow up. If you are respectful, professional, and timely with your follow-ups, it is unlikely to be seen as pushy or annoying. However, if you are constantly bombarding the person with emails, calls, or messages, then it may come across as pushy. It's important to find a balance and be considerate of the person's time and preferences.

2. How often should I follow up with a potential client?

It's generally recommended to follow up once a week, or every 7-10 days. This gives the person enough time to respond and also shows that you are persistent and serious about working with them. However, if the person has explicitly stated that they do not want to be contacted or need more time to make a decision, it's important to respect their wishes and not follow up too frequently.

3. Is it okay to follow up after not hearing back from a potential client?

Yes, it is definitely okay to follow up if you have not heard back from a potential client. People are busy and emails can easily get lost in their inbox. A gentle reminder can help bring your proposal or offer back to their attention. Just make sure to not come across as demanding or confrontational in your follow-up.

4. What is the best way to follow up with potential clients?

The best way to follow up with potential clients is through email, as it allows for a professional and non-intrusive form of communication. You can also consider sending a personalized message through LinkedIn or other professional networking platforms. Avoid calling or messaging the person unless they have explicitly stated that they prefer those methods of communication.

5. Should I always follow up even if the potential client seemed uninterested?

It's generally a good idea to follow up even if the potential client seemed uninterested initially. Sometimes, people may not have enough information or time to make a decision right away. Your follow-up could provide the additional information they need to consider your services. However, if the person has explicitly stated that they are not interested or have chosen another consultant, it's important to respect their decision and not continue to follow up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • PamperedPrincess74
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ldynred7