• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Business Turning Around Thanks to a Random Email?

In summary, Gillian canceled all her shows for November but one because she just doesn't have the energy to care right now. A lady in the next town over contacted Gillian wanting to host a show, and Gillian apologized for having to pay to get her e-mail address. Gillian sent her upcoming specials and show options and added something about recruiting. The lady wrote back very interested in becoming a consultant, and Gillian is thinking of holding her show as a qualifying show and doing it herself.
gilliandanielle
Okay ladies-here's the scoop. I canceled (or they canceled) all my shows for November but one because I just don't have the energy to care right now. On Sunday night I got an e-mail from a Chef Success member in my inbox. I opened it up and it is a lady in the next town over wanting to host a show. I finally figured out that she joined CS, paid the money, and searched around just to find my info. I apoligized for her having to pay to get my e-mail address and sent her the upcoming specials and show options (I am pushing consultantless cooking shows) and at the end I added something about recruiting. I don't even know why I put it there because I am honestly caring less about my business than ever. She wrote back really interested in being a consultant and it thinking of holding her show as a qualifying show and doing it herself.

So.....Sunday night I had nothing, no idea this woman was alive. Today or tomorrow I just might have recruit #4! I think God is trying to help me realize that I need to have something to come back to when I feel better! I just keep sitting back going "Is this really happening??"

Good luck Gillian. God works in mysterious ways!!:D

Awesome!!!

That's fantastic!!!:D

Couldn't have happened to a nicer person!

Congrats! Hope you are feeling better soon!

How cool!!
What are "consultantless shows?"

My director told me that as long as the guests gather together and have a recipe, it is a cooking show. I don't think that my hosts should be pushed into only getting the benefits of a catalog show just because I am too lazy to show up! I think that hosts like it to because they get to have the party without people fearing that they will be pushed to buy things.

That is great Gillian. And that is great info on the cooking show. I had 2 remote catalog shows except the people doing the shows did up a recipe and brought it to their workplace while talking up the catalog & collecting orders so I figured that makes it a cooking show.

OMG, Gill that is so amazing!
Yes, maybe that is a sign that this biz is really for you. Where had you met this gal before? Ya know, my director said she never really appreciated this biz so much until she had several family tragedies & had to cut back on shows to be with her family. If she had a "regular" job, she never would have been able to have that time off. But since she works for herself, she could make it work.
Just think, if you were working for someone else right now, you might not be able to take this time that your body needs to relax. But you're your boss! This biz really is a blessing:)
Soon to be....Director Gillian!

tlennhoff said:
That is great Gillian. And that is great info on the cooking show. I had 2 remote catalog shows except the people doing the shows did up a recipe and brought it to their workplace while talking up the catalog & collecting orders so I figured that makes it a cooking show.

I have told mine catalog host the same thing. Take a recipe to work and we will call it a cooking show b/c someone is cooking!

That is AWESOME, Gillian! Keep us posted.:)

lacychef said:
OMG, Gill that is so amazing!
Yes, maybe that is a sign that this biz is really for you. Where had you met this gal before?

That is just the thing- I have never met her in my life! She just googled PC consultants and chefsuccess.com showed up. She joined the site and found my info and e-mailed me! Thanks for the pick me up ladies!!

that is awsome. I know it was hard to do shows when I was barely preggo and towards the end I was so tired

Oh come on!!
gilliandanielle said:
That is just the thing- I have never met her in my life! She just googled PC consultants and chefsuccess.com showed up. She joined the site and found my info and e-mailed me! Thanks for the pick me up ladies!!

Oh Gillian - she could have picked any of us then. I bet she saw your fantastic smile and KNEW you were the one for her. I truly believe she was snet your way. Hang in there kiddo.... I could't bear the thought of not having you around to keep the rest of us on our toes:D :D :D

I really look forward to your posts and your "funnies"... things are definitly looking up for you...

Hey Gill, that's great! WHOO HOO!

For those of you that do consultantless shows...have you ever done one in another state? Like NOT within driving distance? Does HO bat an eye?? I wanted to do this for my best bud in OH but I thought they might wonder about that since I am in TX...

lisacb77 said:

For those of you that do consultantless shows...have you ever done one in another state? Like NOT within driving distance? Does HO bat an eye?? I wanted to do this for my best bud in OH but I thought they might wonder about that since I am in TX...

I did one ... or was it 2 and so far I haven't heard a thing from HO so I'm assuming everything was ok with it. I'm in NJ, one show was in Ohio, and the other in Illinois.

When my sister was no longer a consultant I did a few "cooking" shows for her (she is in AZ and I am in AK) and nothing ever happened.

I'm answering before reading all the posts!!!
lisacb77 said:

HO wouldn't know whether or not you visited OH and did a live show???

Liz

I too am orig from OH so I've been thinkin' 'bout it myself :)

Hope you're feelin' better soon!!!
gilliandanielle said:
When my sister was no longer a consultant I did a few "cooking" shows for her (she is in AZ and I am in AK) and nothing ever happened.

I sure hope you're feelin' better soon too. I'm happy to see you've been online more than I even thought, and how God is keepin' your busines alive is GREAT TOO. When I started out, I sure didn't try much at all, and things were going very well for me, however when attempting to meet a challenge I'm so pysched, then a little disappointed when I haven't met at all. It's just 7 days into the month and I still have about 23 to go so all is not lost yet!!

Good Luck:

Liz

Sorry you feel too bad to even work. After 5 pregnancies, I feel I can tell you with some expertise that the Prenatal pills make your sickness MUCH worse. The iron is terrible. I know you need iron when you're preggo, but not if you can't keep it down or do anything but be miserable. Look for prenatals without iron (GNC has them) If those still make you miserable, try Flintstone vitamins. I realize that Flintstone vitamins can't possibly provide the best for an adult and growing human, but once again, they're better than nothing if you can't keep down the real vitamins. If those still make you miserable, try nothing until you're past the first trimester. Lots of healthy humans were born before vitamins were developed.

They have pills that are split in 2. One in the morning and one at night. They are prescribed by the DR and they are the only ones that did not make me sick.

Gillian, Do you have really bad morning sickness? With my first child I didn't get sick at all. Baby #2 was another story. I didn't think that I would EVER stop throwing up. From about 3 weeks to about about 2.5 months I threw up from 2am to NOON EVERY SINGLE DAY. When I finally complained , my midwife prescribed me ZOFRAN and that did the trick. Once I stopped being sick all the time, my body recupperated and my energy levels greatly increased, not to prepreggo levels, but I was able to finally get up off the couch and do something.

One thing about the Zofran, in 2004 it was $895 w/o Insurance for 30 pills. I was lucky and my insurance covered it all but $25! I don't know how much it would be now, but I'd at least check.

Good Luck, sweetie! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Okay thanks ladies! I feel bad now that I submitted it as a catty show as they had family over and cooked. But now I know for next time!

That's okay...I didn't know about rebooking the hosts on my first show which was my mom's. Or booking maybes so she wouldn't lose benefit if they do it. So when I had orders from a craft fair this month, I put them in her name so I could fix all that! I guess you learn as you go :D

lisacb77 said:

I am glad you asked this. I have a friend in IL who is thinking of doing a catty and I told her she could bring food to work and I thought I could put it in as cooking show. Now I will tell her I can.

I did a consultantless show about 5 years ago--family emergency--and the guests had all been to numerous shows and could do the show in their sleep!!! so i just dropped of my kit and said have a good time, showed her how to tally an order and called her a week later to close. well over $700 in sales!!!!!!!! i wish i could always do that!!! talk about an easy job!!!

hope your feeling better gillian-it is fun reading your posts

Liz- Thanks, and good luck with the rest of the month!

Paige- I always take Flintstones with Iron when I'm preggo, but I stopped already because they were (TMI coming) clogging me up and my iron was 14.5 when normal iron is 10-12. I am going to ask for low-iron prenatals at my appointment on the 15th.

Donna- I haven't thrown up yet but I am nauseas all the time. Even when I feel okay I have ZERO energy and can't get anything done. Last night I wore myself out taking a shower, LOL! I have some Zofran stashed from my last pregnancy but have only taken it twice this time. I only have 7 pills left and want to save them for when it "peaks". I am between 8-10 weeks (waiting for the ultrasound to confirm) and they say it peaks around 9 weeks. Maybe I am already past it?? One can hope....

Lisa & Jennifer- If HO did call for some reason there is no reason that you couldn't have visited and done a cooking show while you were there. My director knocks on hotel doors while she is on vacation and does catalog shows. What a psycho!

Ange- I don't even drop off my kit! What an over-achiever! I miss posting more, but I just can't sit on here all day like I used too!

gilliandanielle said:
My director knocks on hotel doors while she is on vacation and does catalog shows. What a psycho!
Now THAT is hilarious! In a weird sort of way. Has she gotten much from that?? I don't know how I'd feel if I were the guest at a hotel and someone came knocking on my door. I wonder how many people have complained!

Creative, though!!! I'll give her credit for that!:)

gilliandanielle said:
My director knocks on hotel doors while she is on vacation and does catalog shows. What a psycho!
QUOTE]

Are you serious? And people just trust a complete stranger at a hotel with their money? This sounds so bizarre to me!

She is DIE-HARD PC, but isn't a vacation to let go of that?... if she has gotten complaints she didn't care because she told me she does it everytimes she goes on vacation, and was trying to get me to do the same. I didn't because I am not crazy!

Gillian,

That is so awesome. And thanks everyone for the input I never thought about doing a "consultantless show" But I guess I did do one by accident one time when I was scheduled to pick up my college son from the airport and his flight was delayed, his luggage arrived but he didn't. They certainly had a concerned mother on thier hands. My other kids thought it was funny. I was stuck 2 1/2 hours away so the host herself went ahead and did the show. I'm still trying to recruit her. And you're right if the host does the recipe and shares the info it is a cooking show. Hope your feeling great soon!

gilliandanielle said:
... because I am not crazy!

That's debatable.

Sorry- it was a perfect set-up and I had to go for it. :)

Thanks all. This is very helpful. This might help me keep bookings that are more than 30 mins away from me if I can give them this option. I could even send them a PC recipe to make!

Ann- I would agree 99% of the time!

Ok- she signed yesterday!She isn't sure if she will have the time to devote to the business, but she wants the free stuff, so she is just like us! I hope I can have a motivated recruit and not one that I have to call EVERY DAY!!

gilliandanielle said:
Ok- she signed yesterday!

She isn't sure if she will have the time to devote to the business, but she wants the free stuff, so she is just like us! I hope I can have a motivated recruit and not one that I have to call EVERY DAY!!

Great, congratulations. May she be motivated to meet all her sales goals to get that great free stuff.

gilliandanielle said:
Ok- she signed yesterday!

She isn't sure if she will have the time to devote to the business, but she wants the free stuff, so she is just like us! I hope I can have a motivated recruit and not one that I have to call EVERY DAY!!

Awesome Gillian!
Are ya feelin' better yet? I know you've been on here more the past few days...:cool:

I have been feeling a lot better, but I am scared that it is going to come back! I have had more energy lately which DH appreciates. He likes when the dishes get done and he gets done, LOL! Sorry, had to throw that in there!

ROTF Gill! I know what you mean and I'm not even preggers!!! Sometimes it's all I can do to give DH a little "attention"...

He had been suffering because in the morning I am queasy, he works all day, and by the time I get the kids in bed it is NOT happening! I have been so tired! He was excited to get some "attention"!

Gillian,
I did a show from my hospital bed before, it was a $1,000 show. The host just put me on speaker phone and I talked about products and answered questions.

Just another idea for you to toss around.

BTW congrats on your recruit!! It sounds like her membership here wasn't a waste after all.

gilliandanielle said:
He likes when the dishes get done and he gets done, LOL! Sorry, had to throw that in there!

Eeeewwwww...... TMI!!

Actually, that's pretty funny. :D

gilliandanielle said:
He likes when the dishes get done and he gets done, LOL! Sorry, had to throw that in there!

Did you really just say that? What a good laugh first thing in the morning:D

LOL! Glad I could give you guys a laugh!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBevShu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • Bren706
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • cincychef