• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reviving a PC Business: The Challenges of Balancing Family and Career

In summary, Carolyn had been trying to get back into the program for months, and finally got in touch with the program director to ask for help. She seemed excited and motivated to start again, but then fell off the face of the earth again. It's unclear how many more times she will try to contact the program before she qualifies, but it sounds like she's close.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I am not sure where to post this - I just realized we don't have a category for team building/leadership type of concerns...anyway, ehere's my deal...

I recruited a gal in August of 05. She went inactive before qualifying and then pretty much fell off the face of the earth.

She, at the time, was a single mom of two teens...working a 9-5 job with a big bank...has been a PC fan for years - great outgoing personality - lots of fun...

but...she dropped off the face of the earth.

Then about 6 weeks ago she drops me an email tellnig me she met a great guy last year - a widow with 3 kids, and they're engaged. They want for her to be a SAHM (his youngest is 3) so she's hoping to get re-started with PC to supplement their income. She asks me to order her some catalogs and order forms...she comes to the training that week - gets the cats and order forms from me (and pays me for them)...is all talking about how excited she is to get started again...

...and

...then

...drops off the face of the earth again.

???????????????

Carolyn, how many times have you tried to contact her? Maybe if your voice sounds like its urgent she'd return your call? I dont have any recruits but thats just crazy how she doesnt return calls. How many shows away is she from qualifying?

Sounds like a friend of mine. My friend is a great employee but is all over the place in her personal life - new guy every few months, tons of kids activities, moving homes, car breaking down, etc. She lives in crisis mode. If there is not something super exciting, then she's not interested.

I would try to meet in person with her and explain everything she needs to do to meet her goals. Once she understands and is motivated - on her own - then she will do what needs to be done. You might want to try to get her to want some of the bonuses (Nov. sellathon) and have her focus on that. I'm sure, once there is no special, she'll disappear. But she'll reappear in full force as soon as there is another special, her man is gone or some other crisis happens.

Good luck keeping her focused.

I have one of those... frustrating!
She signed up and was soooo excited to get started. Orders her kit, calls me every day with questions, gets her kit and falls off the earth.
Five months go by, she calls my cell phone out of the blue, leaves a message about how busy she's been and says she's got 4 shows scheduled for October and she's going to get started....

And...

Falls off the face of the earth.
No shows submitted for October of course. LOL

Whatever :rolleyes: :confused:

I think there's a few of these in every cluster!

One important thing to note is the month she went inactive. She's only got 12 months to reactivate by submitting $200. If she waits longer than that, she has to buy a new kit. That's something you can use to create a sense of urgency.

I have been there too. I have one that disappered and her phone was disconected. I had to send her a certified letter when HO contacted me with a problem with a show. (She was still selling). I asked her to contact me and update her info with HO, nothing, then I tried her phone again and got her, and she gave me the thing about, Oh I know I should have called you back..... now she is gone again. Oh well!

I have one who went inactive and when I send her an email she sends back a one word answer. Then, she stopped answering me all together. So, my director offers her help, sends her a well-tought out email and then she gets a one word answer. So, its not me and its sure not YOU!

I had one other go inactive and after almost a year, she's back and she doing awesome. I guess just be there for her.

BTW: Have you left the "I'm beginning to feel like a pampered pest... if you're not ready for this, just let me know so I don't harrass you" message?

AJPratt said:
BTW: Have you left the "I'm beginning to feel like a pampered pest... if you're not ready for this, just let me know so I don't harrass you" message?

Ooooh - I love this and will jhave to try it!

I ask them to just give me a call, and if now isn't a good time, or they have decided its not for them its perfectly ok. (Even though I'd be disappointed!)

Two things about this: 1) No pressure may put them at ease and 2) When something is no longer is reach, it may pique their curiosity. Like when the salesman says, "You know, you're right... this might not be for you." makes the client want to buy it.

(Sorry, 13 years of broadcast advertising--LOL)

How about this message on voice mail:

"If someone besides Betsy is listening to this message, PLEASE have her call me because I KNOW Betsy would return my call."

If it doesn't work, write her off until her next "bi-polar high".

Paige Dixon said:
If it doesn't work, write her off until her next "bi-polar high".

OMG! That is too funny! I was thinking more of split personalities...

1. How can I balance my family and career as a PC consultant?

Balancing family and career can be challenging for any working professional, but as a PC consultant, there are a few things you can do to help achieve balance. First, set boundaries for yourself and your work. This can include setting specific work hours and sticking to them, delegating tasks to other team members, and prioritizing your family's needs. Additionally, utilize the tools and resources provided by Pampered Chef, such as the mobile app and online training, to streamline your business and save time.

2. What resources does Pampered Chef offer to help with balancing family and career?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to support consultants in balancing their family and career. The mobile app allows you to manage your business on-the-go, while the online training center offers flexible learning options. Additionally, the company provides consultant support through its customer service team, as well as a network of other consultants who can offer advice and support.

3. How can I involve my family in my PC business without overwhelming them?

Involving your family in your PC business can be a great way to bond and teach important skills, but it's important to strike a balance and not overwhelm them. Consider involving your family in smaller tasks, such as helping with packaging or delivering orders, rather than expecting them to take on larger roles. Also, be sure to communicate openly with your family about your work schedule and involve them in the decision-making process.

4. What are some tips for managing time effectively as a PC consultant?

Time management is key for any successful PC consultant. One tip is to create a schedule or routine for your work hours and stick to it. This can help you stay focused and be more productive during designated work times. Utilize the resources provided by Pampered Chef, such as the mobile app and online training, to save time and streamline your business. Also, don't be afraid to delegate tasks to other team members or ask for help when needed.

5. How can I communicate my availability to my customers while still prioritizing my family?

Communication is key when it comes to balancing family and career as a PC consultant. One way to communicate your availability to customers is by setting specific work hours and including them on your business cards, website, and social media profiles. You can also utilize the "out of office" feature on your email and voicemail to let customers know when you will be unavailable. Additionally, be sure to communicate openly with your customers about your work schedule and prioritize your family's needs when necessary.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • cookn' katie
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • Chef Bobby