• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Arrgghhh!!! She's Going Inactive B/F Qualifying!!

In summary, SS3 Paige is having a tough time getting started and has little support from her family. Her orders from her 1 cooking show sit in front of her, but she is still waiting on more hosts to sign on. SS3 is the third month that she has been a part of the program, and she is only $2000 from San Francisco. She plans to make up the points by recruiting/qualifying like crazy in November.
DebbieJ
Oh, my dear recruit. She's had a heck of a time getting started and has little support from her family.

This is SS3 and she's turned in nothing. She has some orders at home, but nothing is complete.

I'm going to lose my 2000 points and she's going inactive!!!! WAAAHHHH!!

But she'll reactive again in a week, so.....

I guess I just have to work harder in November to make up for it. :)

Ugh, she did not manage to do 4 qualifying shows or $1250? That is really sad. Any way you can help her do a catalog or online show or maybe an open house or maybe do a $500 mystery host similar to the $1,000 one we've been talking about?

In the next 1.5 hours??? Don't think so....

She has over $200 in orders sitting in front of her but the hosts are still waiting on more, so she can't close them. Don't even get me started....

Ah, well maybe she could call HO first thing in the morning and get a waiver?

Actually I believe, as long as she has submitted something during the last three months, she has until the end of next month before she will be inactive.

She can change her first month to a month later. However, if they decide she's inactive, that won't help you for your points. Sucks!

I agree with Shanna....for the first three months you CANNOT go inactive. So that means that the first time she could go inactive is December 1 but only if she didn't have at least $200 in September.
Does that make any sense?

A new recruit will go inactive on day 1 of their 4th month if their total sales for SS2 and SS3 are less than $200. I know that's the case, because it happened to me this summer.

October was her third month, she already called and switched her month 1 once before already so she can't switch it again.

I really don't think a waiver is worth it for her because she only needs it for like a week. The only consequence here is that I don't get 2000 points. I am 2000 away from San Fran, but I also have 9 shows in November.

So...in the end it won't make a huge difference for anybody. It's just darn frustrating. I was on the phone with her up til 11 p.m. last night. First it was her internet connection, then she had lost some orders from a show she did at her house in SEPTEMBER, then her friend doing a cattie show was waiting for one more order, then her mom was giving her a hard time about her order.....just frustrating all around.

So she'll get all those orders in in the next two weeks or so and reactivate herself. Just the way it goes....

Oh, and I had called the HO on it. If a new recruit submits less than $200 during their first 3 SS months, then they become inactive in month 4.

It's not too late to earn Atlantis! Especially with 9 shows in November. You can make up the points by recruiting/qualifying like crazy! TEN RECRUITS SIGNED AND QUALIFIED BY THE END OF 2006!! Go for it!

Paige,

You are so encouraging!! Thanks!

Ugh, sounds like she had a tough 3rd month. May things go uphill from her for you and her.

chefann said:
A new recruit will go inactive on day 1 of their 4th month if their total sales for SS2 and SS3 are less than $200. I know that's the case, because it happened to me this summer.
Same here!

My recruit is having a hard time getting started, too, and has just entered her SS3 (didn't make SS1 or SS2, has only had 1 cooking show with no leads and 1 individual order). I was really hoping to throw some business her way, but I've only got 1 catalog show and 1 cooking show on the books for November as it is and I want to make my own SS3 bonus (we joined together...all of my other shows are scheduled in Dec and January right now).

Anyone have any other ideas on how to get things moving for her?

Ok I am getting ready to enter my SS3 month. I barely made SS1 and did not make SS2 (by $200), but the SS3 bonus is the one I wanted the most. I have an open house on Sat. that the woman the recruited me and I sat up. We decided that we are not necessarily depending upon past customers and family. (although we did invite them) We are having it at a nursing home that is pretty large. We are putting up flyers, and have put them all over town. Plus there is a craft show we are hoping to draw from. We figured that Sat. is visting for the families and are trying to get the residents family to come down and nurses. So hopefully we will get a lot of new leads. I have tried a new approach at making phone calls, even when I don't want to. I also make sure to offer a show to everyperson I get an order from. You never know until you ask. I almost didn't ask one woman b/c she seemed cranky. Well her show is the 15th and she has already taken about 5 outside orders. Tell her to keep her head up and offer a show to everyone. Oh, the other suggestions was to try an open house. Good luck, I know how hard it is when you see other SS people turning in $1,000 shows right and left!!

jentapp said:
My recruit is having a hard time getting started, too, and has just entered her SS3 (didn't make SS1 or SS2, has only had 1 cooking show with no leads and 1 individual order). I was really hoping to throw some business her way, but I've only got 1 catalog show and 1 cooking show on the books for November as it is and I want to make my own SS3 bonus (we joined together...all of my other shows are scheduled in Dec and January right now).

Anyone have any other ideas on how to get things moving for her?
My suggestion would be for her to look at those she listed on her agreement, and get her to work towards fulfilling the agreement. She has to want to be successful and make it work. Believe me when I say, I am not being mean, I have just learned it the hard way. Do a file serach for bookings. There are a ton of ideas.

Wow. I'm an awful recuit because I'm almost at the end of SS3 and still haven't had a show! (I got a new job and all my time went there)

Hmm... I just stopped doing one of my two jobs so hopefully I can find someone to do a show soon. I actually have to know someone though! :(

You can always change your SS months!

The thing about a recruit going inactive before qualifying is because ultimately, its disappointing for us (the recruiter) because we want you to have the opportunity we had during the SS period--get all the awesome bonuses PC has to offer, build a solid foundation for your business, and make a ton of money.

I always tell my recruits to go back to the list on their agreement, of people who said they would help you out with a show. If they can't host a cooking show, a catalog show will count.

Nice advise Anne. Somtimes we worry about me...me...me...! and forget that we need to be ther for our recruit - not just ourselves....

PCGINA said:
Nice advise Anne. Somtimes we worry about me...me...me...! and forget that we need to be ther for our recruit - not just ourselves....
Thanks! I admit, its always great to be rewarded for sharing the opp. And, I have lost out on points, but then again, if I had made sure that my recruit had scheduled enough definite shows, she would have qualified. So, I feel that I have no one to blame but myself. Of course, going through it, I felt differently, but you know hindsight IS 20/20.

I was a consultant years ago and I do not have a very supportive extended family, but PC helped for a season. Then we had another baby and I got sick and ended up letting myself go inactive. I rejoined again this is my ssmonth1 and I already qualified with my 2 shows this weekend. I really sought God first before doing this again and I was apprehensive about starting during the holidays. Last time I started in Nov also and NO ONE wanted to do a show. However I thought Ok if I sought God and His timing I can't go wrong and I jumped in. It had been a whole different experience this time around. Last time, it made things VERY difficult for me that my recruiter was pretty new and our director was out of state and NEVER made contact with us. We were like adopted step children(just an expression) at our hospitality directors house and it was aweful. This time, I joined under a very stable director with a strong cluster and it has helped me tremendously to have her guidance. She involves all her newbies in fairs and expos and I have tons and tons of leads. I do better calling strangers anyways--I don't feel rejected or unsupported like I do w. family & friends. I ask everyone, hand out mini-cats and business cards like I'm allergic to them. My director-recruiter also took me to do her show with her, and I got to keep the booking leads. I do not know if that is common for everyone but our cluster seems to do it alot for their recruits. We have a pretty strong team and they are very helpful. After seeing what a bad team is like; I can say the director and training IMHO predict the success of the team. However, I agree with Anne--they have to want it. The recruit has to be willing to go out and get the leads and do the shows and coach the host. It is work but I think in the beginning what is hard is getting the bookings and the momentum going. I believe that as directors & even recruiters if do what is best for your team, and work to support them you'll build strong and be blessed.
Marisol

Last edited:
Oh that stinks man!!! I'm sorry!!!

MGG said:
After seeing what a bad team is like; I can say the director and training IMHO predict the success of the team.

I have to say that conference was a HUGE eye opener for me on that! I thought all clusters were like ours!

MGG said:
I was a consultant years ago and I do not have a very supportive extended family, but PC helped for a season. Then we had another baby and I got sick and ended up letting myself go inactive. I rejoined again this is my ssmonth1 and I already qualified with my 2 shows this weekend. I really sought God first before doing this again and I was apprehensive about starting during the holidays. Last time I started in Nov also and NO ONE wanted to do a show. However I thought Ok if I sought God and His timing I can't go wrong and I jumped in. It had been a whole different experience this time around. Marisol

May this time around be a great experience and you do well with PC.

1. What does it mean when someone is going inactive B/F qualifying?

Being inactive B/F qualifying means that the consultant is not meeting the minimum sales requirements to maintain their active status with the company. This can happen when a consultant fails to meet the minimum sales requirement for a certain period of time.

2. How long does a consultant have to meet the minimum sales requirements before going inactive B/F qualifying?

The minimum sales requirement for consultants is $200 per month. If a consultant fails to meet this requirement for two consecutive months, they will be considered inactive B/F qualifying.

3. Can a consultant still place orders and earn commission while in inactive B/F qualifying status?

Yes, consultants can still place orders and earn commission while in inactive B/F qualifying status. However, they will not be eligible for certain bonuses and incentives until they become active again.

4. What happens if a consultant remains inactive B/F qualifying for an extended period of time?

If a consultant remains inactive B/F qualifying for an extended period of time, they will eventually be dropped from the company. This is to ensure that all consultants are actively working their business and meeting the minimum sales requirements.

5. Is there a way for a consultant to avoid going inactive B/F qualifying?

Yes, consultants can avoid going inactive B/F qualifying by consistently meeting the minimum sales requirements of $200 per month. They can also work with their team leader or upline to develop a plan to increase their sales and stay active with the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amy07
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
kcont
  • GinaG623
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • pamperedlinda