• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximize Your Recruiting Efforts: Tips for Creating Effective Packets

In summary, Jeanine handed out a Take 5 packet with the SS brochure, Opp brochure, a biz card and the Give us a month Value flyer.
mrssyvo
What do you put your recruiting information in, when you hand out recruiting packets? My new goal is to hand out 3 at each show, so I am busy putting them together, but am at a loss as to what to put them in.

I put together what my cluster calls a "Take 5" packet. It includes the SS brochure, Opp brochure, a biz card and the Give us a month Value flyer. I've attached it.

Attachments

• Give us a Month.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 474
I think you'll find that less is more. You want to leave them with lots of questions that you are more than willing to answer.

Here's what I hand out: a catalog, the Your Life Your Way flyer with a 1/2 sheet of paper tucked inside that has Which Apron is Right for you? on one side and How Much Can I Earn? on the other. (I think I found both of those flyers on this site.

Your biggest goal should be to set an appointment to sit down with them (or talk on the phone if you absolutely can't meet in-person). You will draw them to the business not any information you hand them.

What do you put it in? An envelope?

mrssyvo said:
What do you put it in? An envelope?

I just hand them the brochure with my homemade flyer inside.

I just staple them together, so that they can be opened up completely. I've also placed them in clear plastic goody bags w/twist ties,

I give them an Opportunity brochure with a "Our Apron Comes in 5 Sizes" tucked inside. Oh, and the catalog, too.

As already mentioned, the goal is to score the interview, so I don't give too much.

Attachments

• Our Apron Comes in 5 sizes.doc
    119.5 KB · Views: 413
Your Life Your WayCan someone post a copy of the "Your Life Your Way" recruiting brochure? I might want to purchase some, but I've never seen it. I don't want to buy it until I'm sure that it is what I would want to use. If you have one and can scan it, I would really appreciate it!
Thank you!!

chefjeanine said:
I think you'll find that less is more. You want to leave them with lots of questions that you are more than willing to answer.

Your biggest goal should be to set an appointment to sit down with them (or talk on the phone if you absolutely can't meet in-person). You will draw them to the business not any information you hand them.

I couldn't agree more Jeanine!!

I used to put together a little bag with info mentioned here - then I realized that when it came right down to it - I really didn't need to give all of that at that time. The interview is the most important thing. I now only give out one flyer and a catalog. I tell them to look it over and give me a call with any questions. Most of the time - they sit on the couch and within minutes have questions. That is the time I suggest a date to sit down and discuss what they are looking for in this business.

I had a show today with a host I had been coaching and she is signing next week when we close her show. She had gotten $300.00 in outside orders b4 I arrived and was disappointed when the 5 guests she expected started calling to cancel....except 1.

This 1 person was so taken by my conversation with the host regarding the biz and the flyer I had given the host that SHE also wants to sit down with us next week and will probably sign as well. CAN YO BELIEVE IT!! 2 people - 2 signing....AND it was NOT because of any piece of paper I had given them - it was because of what I was sharing with them AT THAT VERY MOMENT :eek: :eek:

I did leave them both with my flyer (which I got from this site) and asked them to call me with any questions.....
SORRY - don't know what happend to the attachment. It is one of those you can't change (you don't need to anyways). It has the 10 most FAQ's and the 5 aprons and the $$ & product expected to make the first month all in one flyer. I got it here somewhere and saved it. I will try to find it - I think maybe I got it from a post from Tasha??

Last edited:
That's my flyer -- I have found it to be really useful to hand out AFTER thte interview.

MandyK said:
That's my flyer -- I have found it to be really useful to hand out AFTER thte interview.
I LOVE THE FLYER!!!!

rebeccastt said:
Can someone post a copy of the "Your Life Your Way" recruiting brochure? I might want to purchase some, but I've never seen it. I don't want to buy it until I'm sure that it is what I would want to use. If you have one and can scan it, I would really appreciate it!
Thank you!!

Can anyone help me?

rebeccastt said:
Can anyone help me?

Rebecca,

I wish I could. . .I don't have the capability. Sorry!

They are only $1.25 for 25 on the paperwork supply (ES38). If you don't like them, there is probably someone in your Cluster who'll use them.

Thanks, I guess that is what I'll have to do....I don't need any other supplies so I was trying to avoid making an order for something so small. Maybe I'll just hold off.

The "Your Life Your Way" brochure is not that great IMHO! It provides no info at all - I like to use the Super Starter brochure(maybe because that's what sold me on becoming a consultant:D ), and a catalog - and always follow up when you hand them out - I think "The fortune's in the follow-up". (That's a title of a training cd from PC!)

ChefBeckyD said:
The "Your Life Your Way" brochure is not that great IMHO! It provides no info at all -

How about "it doesn't provide MUCH information at all" . . .and that's why I like this brochure.

If getting an interview is the key to getting a recruit (and I think 90% of the time this is true), you don't want them to have so much information that they think they already have all the answers. When you are able to answer their questions face to face you know if they understand and are able to clear up any incorrect ideas.

chefjeanine said:
How about "it doesn't provide MUCH information at all" . . .and that's why I like this brochure. If getting an interview is the key to getting a recruit (and I think 90% of the time this is true), you don't want them to have so much information that they think they already have all the answers. When you are able to answer their questions face to face you know if they understand and are able to clear up any incorrect ideas.
I'm sure it works for some people - but I've actually had more recruits, and more questions about the opportunity since I started using the Super Starter Brochure in it's place!It may be because it's part of my story - so it makes it more genuine and credible to people - here is my story as I tell it as shows:[reality of life before PC]You know, you probably came here tonight with the idea of being a Pampered Chef consultant the farthest idea from your mind.....that's okay! Four years ago, I sat at a show (a show I was hosting), and it was the furthest thing from my mind too! In fact, four years ago, I had never even been to a Pampered Chef show, and then somehow found myself hosting a show, only to help out a friend!
[experience at first show]However, at that show, I found myself NEEDING everything in the catalog - and I was so excited when I found out how much I was going to get for FREE & Half - Price!! I immediately booked another show, because I wanted more stuff for free!
But then, in my host packet, I found this brochure (show & pass around the Super Starter brochure) with info about becoming a consultant, and as I read thru it,[addressing reservations about starting] I realized I could get alot more stuff for free just by signing up, and doing only a handful of shows! (Did you know that the only commitment PC asks from you is to do 4 shows?)
[reality of life now!] So I did my few shows - and now, here I am 4 years later! As I did those first shows I discovered I loved this job! What had started as a way to get some free product turned into a fun hobby, and now has become a great PT job which allows me to be a stay-at-home mom to my 2 yr. old, set my own hours, and still make a great income! (and get lots of free product!)
So...tonight - I'd like to invite you to just watch what I do - see if it looks like fun - and if you can imagine yourself doing what I do - when you check out, I'll have some info that you can take home and read at your convenience!"

Last edited:
Sorry
MandyK said:

Sorry for the missed kudos your way Mandy - I really love your flyer and I have found it really helps explain JUST ENOUGH info to leads...

Again - thanks:D

What is a recruiting packet?

A recruiting packet is a collection of documents and materials that are put together to provide information about a company or organization to potential job candidates. It typically includes information about the company, job openings, benefits, and application instructions.

Why do companies use recruiting packets?

Companies use recruiting packets as a way to attract top talent and showcase their organization to potential candidates. It also helps streamline the application process and ensures that all candidates receive the same information.

What should be included in a recruiting packet?

A typical recruiting packet includes a company overview, job descriptions, benefits information, application instructions, and any other relevant materials such as brochures or company swag. It should also be visually appealing and easy to read.

How can I get a copy of a recruiting packet?

Recruiting packets are usually available on a company's website or can be requested from the HR department. Some companies may also have physical copies available at career fairs or events.

Can I customize a recruiting packet for a specific job or candidate?

Yes, many companies will allow you to tailor the information in a recruiting packet to a specific job or candidate. This can be done by including personalized cover letters, job-specific materials, and highlighting the relevant qualifications and benefits for the specific position.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedchefDaly
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • dldunphy