• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Being Gun Shy When It Comes to Recurting

In summary, the expert recommends practicing asking people and setting goals for contacting people who express interest in becoming a consultant.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
I have been selling PC since April of this year.. and as everyone knows what it says in my signature about walking across the stage at confernce and promoting to director. Well that is the goal for me.... now my question is.... HOW in the world do I get over being so firggin shy in asking people. Or I shoudl say how to I approach the subject all together? I went to Balenda's workshop at confernce.... but now I am not sure how to apply it... does anyone have any suggestions???? TIA!!!

It took me almost 2 years before I started signing up recruits. All I have to say is, keep talking about the business at your shows and you will no the people who are interested. I have a sign on my table "Now Hiring". Have your director help you. My director is wonderful!!! Good Luck!!!

When I first started my PC business I was the same about recruiting & booking as you are about recruiting. My director just kept telling me "JUST ASK!" I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was so scared of offending someone. The only people I asked about hosting or recruiting where those that marked yes on the DPDS! After conference, I really decided to kick up my biz. I ask EVERYONE now! Even strangers at the store. I've booked shows @ Wal-Mart. I carry a host packet in my purse and one or 2 in my car. I've got 4 host packets in my show bag. I've given out recruit packets to total strangers at the grocery store.

The only advice I have to give is that it's MIND OVER MATTER! You just have to take a deep breathe and ask. One thing that really helped me get over my fears was practicing what I'd say or how I'd ask. It's like there's a recording in my throat now that plays automatically now. Whenever someone is talking about how much groceries/gas/etc costs, I'll say, "I know it's unreal. The only way my DH and I are getting by without feeling the pinch is from my Pampered Chef business. I'm working 1 or 2 days a week and making the extra money to cover it. PLUS, we get a tax write off for a lot of things, such as gas and groceries." The last time I said that I gave info to the mother and the daughter!

Just practice, practice, practice and if you don't have them, invest in Belinda Ellsworth's Step in to Success cd's. Most of my words and ideas have come from her and the classes @ National Conf. I'm really good at giving out info packets, now. I've given out almost 30 this month. Now, I just have to learn how to get them to sign.:p

That is a start thanks!! My director and I talked about setting goals so that I can reach them..... Its easy to say just ask.... I have had a few people express some interest in becoming a consultant but Idont' want to pester them to death....... what do I do about that?

Last edited:

1. Why do some people feel gun shy when it comes to recruiting for Pampered Chef?

Some people may feel gun shy when it comes to recruiting for Pampered Chef because they may have had a negative experience with direct sales in the past or may not have confidence in their sales abilities.

2. What can I do to overcome my fear of recruiting for Pampered Chef?

To overcome any fear of recruiting, it is important to have a positive mindset and believe in the products and company. You can also practice and improve your sales skills through training and workshops provided by Pampered Chef.

3. How can I make recruiting for Pampered Chef less intimidating?

One way to make recruiting less intimidating is to reach out to people you already know, such as friends and family, who may be interested in the products. You can also start small by setting recruiting goals and gradually building your confidence and network.

4. What resources does Pampered Chef offer to help with recruiting?

Pampered Chef provides a variety of resources to help with recruiting, including training and support from your upline and fellow consultants, marketing materials, and access to an online community of consultants to share tips and advice.

5. Can I still be successful with Pampered Chef if I am gun shy about recruiting?

Yes, you can still be successful with Pampered Chef even if you are gun shy about recruiting. The company offers multiple ways to earn income, such as hosting cooking shows and selling products online, that do not necessarily require recruiting. However, recruiting can greatly increase your potential for success and income with Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smspamperedchef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
jane
  • krzymomof4
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
krzymomof4
  • PamperedEsther