• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Do You Take to an Interview?

In summary, the conversation focused on preparing for a face-to-face interview for a potential Pampered Chef consultant. The individual shared their good luck wishes and suggested bringing a black PC notebook with "Closer Look" inserts, the "Connections" booklet and CD, a sheet listing the advantages of PC, commission statements, catalog, and recruiting brochures. They also recommended having a "Welcome" booklet and the "Independent Consultant Agreement/Kit Order Form" completed. Additionally, they shared a list of questions to ask during the interview and suggested using a scale of 1-10 to gauge interest and addressing any concerns that may prevent the individual from signing up.
AJPratt
Silver Member
This will be the first face to face interview I have done. I have done a few via phone and via email. What do you take with you, what do you give them, etc?

First of all - GOOD LUCK!

I had one and brought the black PC notebook with the "Closer Look" inserts. If you have the "Connections" booklet and CD they discuss how the pages are good for following along and covering things that you might forget. You just look through the pages together.

I also put a sheet that lists some of the advantages of PC (found on here) and then a few copies of commission statements (like your first one and then a current one so they can see the difference) in the notebook.

Otherwise we just looked at the catalog and the recruiting brochures - it is helpful to have the one with all the SS bonuses in it and the commission percentages. And if they are really interested - have a "Welcome" booklet handy too and you could start thinking of people to host their first shows...

Hope that helps and that you are successful!

Val

The "Independent Consultant Agreement/Kit Order Form" with all of your information completed!

Oh, also the Welcome Booklet (you can help them start on their list of 100 right away).

Here are the questions that Karen Logston (sp?) gave us to use at our recruit interviews:

The interview-- seven questions -- ask every potential Consultant these seven questions and then tell the Pampered Chef story as it relates to his/her answers.

1) Why did you agree to see me today?
2) Have you ever done anything like this before?
3) What other work experiences have you had?
4) What clubs or organizations do you belong to? (hobbies)
5) How would your family feel if you were going to do something like this?
6) How much time would you have to give each week if you decided to do this?
7) How much money would you like to make?

The close:
"Based on what I have learned about you here, I certainly think it would be a great fit! What questions do you have for me at this point or are you ready to just get started.

Other ideas
Scale of 1-10
"On a scale of 1-10 (one being "no way" and ten being "sign me up") where would you say you are?"
"What would it take to get you to a 10?"
Recruiting algebra
"If "x" were not a problem, would you do this?"
Then proceed to try and FIX "x"

What Do You Take to an Interview?

When preparing for an interview, it's important to bring a few essential items with you to make a good impression and be prepared for any potential questions or tasks.

1. Do I Need to Bring a Copy of My Resume?

It's always a good idea to bring a few copies of your resume to an interview, even if you have already submitted it. This shows that you are prepared and organized, and it can be helpful to refer to during the interview.

2. Should I Bring a Portfolio?

If you have a portfolio or work samples that are relevant to the job you are applying for, it can be beneficial to bring them along. This can help showcase your skills and experience in a tangible way.

3. Is It Necessary to Bring a Notepad and Pen?

Although not required, bringing a notepad and pen can be helpful during an interview. You can use it to take notes or jot down any questions you have for the interviewer. It also shows that you are attentive and prepared.

4. What About References?

Some employers may ask for references during the interview process, so it's a good idea to have a list of references prepared in case they are requested. However, it's not necessary to bring them with you unless specifically asked.

5. Can I Bring a Drink or Snack?

It's not necessary to bring a drink or snack to an interview, but if you think you may get thirsty or hungry, it's better to be prepared. Just be sure to choose something that won't be messy or distracting during the interview.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • wadesgirl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jolie_Paradoxe