• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating "No Soliciting" in Apartment Communities - Linda's Q&A

is having a tough time finding a business that she can do. She was told by the bank that she cannot solicit customers, but she thought that she could because she is friends with the receptionist. She also brought food to the bank to eat. The bank turned her away because they do not allow soliciting.
indypamperedchef
Hello everyone!

Please tell me how you get around "no soliciting" in apartment communities. Also please give other examples of where this may be an issue and how to get around it. I was thinking of having an open house in my community since it says no soliciting... but how do I let neighbors know without crossing the line?
Thank you!!
Linda

Most complexed may have a bulletin board or something, even a main hallway where you can hang a flier. Maybe something by the mail boxes. Otherwise, (and this may get expensive, but if it at least floats someones boat...) try getting away with puting a small gift with a recipe card or something on door knobs and be sure to include your business card or label, that way it can be viewed as a gift, not a solicitation.

I am having this problem all over at different businesses in my area. I went into the bank to pamper a biz and they told me no soliticing. I was so bummed and actually it embarrassed me from the tone I got from the lady. I havent been back there and dont plan to. Too humilating to be stomped on like that. Alot fo the businesses even have the no soliticing signs up. Do none of the rest of you have this problem?

Debbie

Debbie....If I am pampering a business, I usually pick someplace where I know someone there. Like I've done my dentist because I talk to the receptionist ALL the time when I am there waiting. I've never done a place where I didn't know the person and asked them ahead of time if they would like me to come and pamper them.

I am surprised that the bank turned you away if you were carrying in food for them to eat. WOW! Did you have the food already done or where you hoping to make it there? Had you called ahead to make sure it was ok?

I am sorry the bank had such a bad reaction. I can understand how you must have felt. Not everyone is like that. Please don't get discouraged.

Ginger I had it already done. I had two recipes, the Lemon Herb Chicken ring and some brownies made in the mini muffin pan. And that chicken ring smelled out of this world! I was shocked because my best friend had told me how nice everyone was at that bank. I even told them she recommended I go there. Maybe the ppl are just too darn uppity in this area and I need to expand to another area? The bad thing is that I really dont know that amny ppl. Truly. I am a homebody and I dont get out often. When I was working I talked to alot of ppl on the phone but no one local. And I was the only one even in the office; it was a construction type business. So I may have to start puttin Flyers up everywhere. I have one whole booking this month and its my mothers. Ugh! Im bummed.

Debbie

1. What is considered "soliciting" in apartment communities?

Soliciting in apartment communities refers to the act of trying to sell goods or services to residents or visitors without their prior invitation or permission. This can include door-to-door sales, handing out flyers or brochures, or setting up a sales booth in common areas.

2. Are there any exceptions to the "no soliciting" rule in apartment communities?

Some apartment communities may have specific exceptions to their "no soliciting" rule, such as allowing resident-run businesses to promote their services within the community. Additionally, some properties may have designated areas or times for soliciting, such as a bulletin board for posting flyers or a weekly farmers' market event.

3. What should I do if I see someone soliciting in my apartment community?

If you see someone soliciting in your apartment community, you should notify the property management or security immediately. They will handle the situation and ensure that the person is not allowed to continue soliciting on the property.

4. Can I still invite friends or family to my apartment if there is a "no soliciting" rule?

Yes, the "no soliciting" rule typically applies to commercial businesses and individuals trying to sell goods or services. You are still allowed to invite friends and family to your apartment, as long as they are not conducting any type of business or soliciting to other residents.

5. How can I ensure that I am not violating the "no soliciting" rule in my apartment community?

To avoid violating the "no soliciting" rule, it is best to refrain from any type of commercial activity within the community, including door-to-door sales or leaving flyers on doors or in common areas. If you are a Pampered Chef consultant, it is important to check with the property management or leasing office before conducting any type of sales or demonstrations on the property.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Grandmarita
  • finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • missmindym