• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Fear of Public Speaking as a Consultant

In summary, this woman has a fear of talking in front of people. She told me that she does not feel comfortable doing demos, but that she feels more like she is talking with her friends when she does them. I told her that I feel the same way, but that I have fun with it now. I also told her that most consultants start out feeling that way, but that after doing a few demos, it becomes easier. I think that she will be able to overcome her fear if she continues to speak and meet new people.
mandydollie
My possible 2nd recruit just told me that while being a consultant seems interesting she has a fear of talking in front of people!!! HELP!!!!!

I told her that I do too (because I do) but that I always feel more like I'm talking with my friends than just trying to sell products. And that when I demo, I get the group involved so that the focus is off of me and more on the products and how the guests are having a great time with them. What else could I say to her?

Remember FEEL FELT FOUND...

Most consutants feel that way when they are getting started. i felt that way myself. but after doing a demo or two I found it just came naturally...

Never thought of that. I did tell her that I feel that way too (even still) but that I have fun with it now and the more comfortable you get with the products it does get easier. We'll see how she responds. This was the first contact after the party...so i'll keep my fingers crossed.

dannyzmom said:
Remember FEEL FELT FOUND...

Most consutants feel that way when they are getting started. i felt that way myself. but after doing a demo or two I found it just came naturally...

Thats great, I've got to remember that. Also a good ice breaker is something funny...anything, just make them laugh.

I am a closet shy person. Wouldn't know it by meetng me but I am and you know what they say "fake it til you make it!" Plus most everyone at your show is sooo glad that's it you up there and not them!! I find that having something to do (the show) really empowers me. Plus I really make an effort to draw out people who are like me and I use humor ALOT.

I think when you are really shy, it helps to start thinking about others.

Make sure to mention that her first few shows will be close friends and family. Then hopefully she books from so of those people and they still should not be too threatning. This will give her a chance to warm up. Plus she can always have people come up and help her in her demo and ask them questions so they are doing some talking. I always try to find someone in the audience that knows about the product and other guests that know them will often start asking them questions and they usualy trust them and will sell more than I would have!!!

You can tell her that I failed speech in college!!! And I thought my speech professor had ruined me for life, with no hope of ever feeling confident. In fact, I think about my speech professor before every show....kind of like "ha!" I CAN do it after all! And I often talk about that professor at my shows!

I owe my renewed confidence in myself and my now eagerness to speak in front of people all to Pampered Chef..... I found confidence, something I call self-humor, and much more by speaking in front of people.

Do I get nervous? Heck yeah! But I let my passion for the products and the company do my talking, and before you know it - it's a breeze!

Melinda

well thanks for all of your feedback. I got an e-mail from her tonight that she's decided that she's going to try and go back to school, but that she will keep in contact and let me know if she changes her mind. I'm going to continue to e-mail her on occasion, just to keep a bug in her ear! Dang, just when i think i was going to have two in one week....oh well, bring on the next one.

mandydollie said:
well thanks for all of your feedback. I got an e-mail from her tonight that she's decided that she's going to try and go back to school, but that she will keep in contact and let me know if she changes her mind. I'm going to continue to e-mail her on occasion, just to keep a bug in her ear! Dang, just when i think i was going to have two in one week....oh well, bring on the next one.

Her loss...

1. How can I overcome my fear of public speaking as a consultant?

One of the best ways to overcome fear of public speaking as a consultant is to practice, practice, practice! Take advantage of any opportunities to speak in front of a group, whether it's at a small team meeting or a larger presentation. The more you do it, the more comfortable and confident you will become.

2. What are some tips for preparing for a public speaking engagement as a consultant?

First, make sure you know your material inside and out. This will help boost your confidence and make you appear more knowledgeable to your audience. It's also important to practice your delivery and body language. And don't forget to take deep breaths and stay calm before and during your presentation.

3. How can I engage my audience during a public speaking event as a consultant?

One way to engage your audience is to ask them questions or encourage them to participate in activities related to your topic. You can also use humor, storytelling, and visual aids to keep their attention. Another important aspect is to maintain good eye contact and speak with enthusiasm and passion.

4. What should I do if I make a mistake during my public speaking event as a consultant?

Mistakes happen, and it's important to not let them throw you off track. If you make a mistake, simply acknowledge it and move on. Don't dwell on it or apologize excessively. Your audience will likely be understanding and it's important to stay confident and composed.

5. How can I continue to improve my public speaking skills as a consultant?

The key to improving your public speaking skills is to never stop learning and practicing. Seek feedback from your colleagues or attend workshops and seminars on public speaking. Watch videos of yourself speaking to identify areas for improvement. And remember, the more you do it, the better you will become.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• alidafrizzell
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • Darcy Sharpe