• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What should I do about a new consultant who quit without doing anything?

In summary, the recruit did not complete their first 4 shows and the company is going to go get the kit for them.
nicolespcshows
All,
I just don't know how to handle this woman...she was so excited about having her own business...she signed up in Aug so she would get the knives and the extra stuff free and hasn't done anything since. She sent an e-mail to me and my director yesterday saying that she was sorry but she wasn't going to do this. What do I do? It really isn't fair that she bought the $90 kit and now has $350 in product that she is going to keep without doing a thing. I am frusterated.:mad:

It happens. At least you got a note from her. I had a recruit who did that and just stopped answering my calls.

It would be nice if we could go repo the kit, but since the kit agreement is between her and the HO, it's up to them.

I'd keep in occasional touch with her. She may continue to be a customer. And may even decide to resign at a later date when it fits better in her life.

Thanks Ann...I will do that. Did you get any snow up there yesterday?

at least she gave you the courtesy of letting you know!!

dannyzmom said:
at least she gave you the courtesy of letting you know!!
That's a great point. I would leave it on a postive note, as much as it would disappoint me! It may just not be a good time for her. Ask her if you can keep in touch with her and if/when she's ready, you'll be there. You could wind up like another Nikked! Wouldn't that be awesome!

nicolespcshows said:
Did you get any snow up there yesterday?

Actually, yes. I had to stop at the store on my way home from work and it was comin' down! Blowin' all over the place. Didn't stick, of course. The ground is still too wet and warm for that. But they moved up the Tigers game from 8:00 tonight to 4:30 this afternoon, in part so that it's a couple of degrees warmer. Go Tigers!

HO usually says to keep the kit, but I think that is a bad practice to get into...especially if the word gets around that you don't have to complete your contract. I would do a couple of things...1. Tell her she has to complete her LEGAL contract that she signed. 2. Let her know that if she doesn't complete her contract by x date (usually the end of the Super Starter period) that you would be by to pick up her kit and paperwork. Just do it in a calm, "this is the way it is" tone of voice and that there is nothing she can do about it. 3. Let her know that this is a company you love and that you will do anything to see it isn't hurt nor its reputation tarnished.HTH

When I was a SS I really thought that PC was going to storm my house one day and take my kit! It was kind of motivating, but I did my first couple of shows out of fear that I wasn't going to get my shows in and PC was coming to collect my kit.

cmdtrgd said:
HO usually says to keep the kit, but I think that is a bad practice to get into...especially if the word gets around that you don't have to complete your contract. I would do a couple of things...1. Tell her she has to complete her LEGAL contract that she signed. 2. Let her know that if she doesn't complete her contract by x date (usually the end of the Super Starter period) that you would be by to pick up her kit and paperwork. Just do it in a calm, "this is the way it is" tone of voice and that there is nothing she can do about it. 3. Let her know that this is a company you love and that you will do anything to see it isn't hurt nor its reputation tarnished.

HTH

Can you actually do this?? If the contract is between the recruit and HO and the HO says they can keep it then how is it ok for you to go take her kit? What are you going to do with the kit...mail it back to HO? It's not your kit either? Not trying to sound rude...I'm genuinly curious! I'm new to PC and attempting my first recruits and have wondered what would happen in this case. TIA for the information!

Kit-NapperSadly this has happened to many of us. I now tell my recruits that they MUST complete there first 4 shows by-----date. (Usually within 6 weeks) in order to KEEP the kit. They have been qualifying this way. It used to be you encouraged them to do shows right away so that they had a Great start, this works for some but not all. I like this new method better!

For your recruit that Canceled you can't really take her kit but, you can ask her how you may help her to get some shows in. This may be for her to have some catty's or whatever. Remember your are her coach and she is probably just stressing. We All do this at times. If she really doesn't want to TRY then as the other poster (sorry can't remember who) said let her know that she can still be a Great customer and when the timing is better for her you can help her get going again.

P.S. if she says NO for Now go get those original bookings!
Good Luck sorry so Looooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggg Winded. lol :eek:
Laurel

Bexs50 said:
Can you actually do this?? If the contract is between the recruit and HO and the HO says they can keep it then how is it ok for you to go take her kit? What are you going to do with the kit...mail it back to HO? It's not your kit either? Not trying to sound rude...I'm genuinly curious! I'm new to PC and attempting my first recruits and have wondered what would happen in this case. TIA for the information!

If you reread my post, you'll notice that I said to tell her that. I didn't say to do that. ;)

I always tell my potential recruits that although PC has never gone after a consultant that does not fulfill her legal obligation, I would HATE for them to be the first one!! Then I tell them that in all honesty it is SO simple to just qualify!!
As far as numbers go in that arena...I have signed 10 over my 4 years. 7 have qualified, 2 have never turned in ANY sales, and 1 turned in 1 show. Of course, I have never had 5 active AND QUALIFIED at the same time! 1 promoted past me (she was an AWESOME recruiter but just lost her Directorship and went inactive!).

I don't know the details but I do know that my AD picked up a kit after the person said they weren't going to do it.

I was so stressed about getting qualified that I couldn't even imagine myself just quitting! Thanks to a great friend/host I qualified with my first show. Sorry this has happened to you. Makes me re-think my thoughts on trying to get promoted. Do I really want to deal with this?

I know what you mean, Rhonda! I have recruited three. Two went inactive before qualifying and my third just qualified. While I am very frustrated about the first two, just seeing what PC has done for the third makes the other crap worthwhile. So, don't let the stories deter you from helping others!

BTW: LOVE your signature!

Go Tigers!
chefann said:
Actually, yes. I had to stop at the store on my way home from work and it was comin' down! Blowin' all over the place. Didn't stick, of course. The ground is still too wet and warm for that. But they moved up the Tigers game from 8:00 tonight to 4:30 this afternoon, in part so that it's a couple of degrees warmer. Go Tigers!

Congratulations, Ann and to the rest of the Cheffers who have been rooting for the Tigers!

Thanks, Harriet. I think I'm going to put together a World Series phone/e-mail sale together for next Saturday. Anne - you beat me to it! I was going to comment on Rhonda's awesome sig.(I'm way too antsy this evening. Don't know if it's the Tigers' win, or the fact that I got three bookings ON MY CALENDAR at my show this afternoon - and there were only 7 people there!)

chefann said:
(I'm way too antsy this evening. Don't know if it's the Tigers' win, or the fact that I got three bookings ON MY CALENDAR at my show this afternoon - and there were only 7 people there!)
That's FAB-U-LOUS!!!

What happened to the new consultant who quit?

Unfortunately, we do not have any information on why the new consultant decided to quit. We respect their decision and wish them the best.

Will there be any changes in my business or team due to the new consultant quitting?

No, there will be no changes to your business or team. Your business will continue to operate as usual.

How will the new consultant's departure affect my sales and earnings?

The new consultant's departure will not affect your sales or earnings. Your commission and bonuses will remain the same.

Will there be a replacement for the new consultant who quit?

We are constantly looking for new consultants to join our team, but we cannot guarantee a replacement for the one who quit. If you know someone who would be a great fit for Pampered Chef, please refer them to us!

What should I do if the new consultant who quit was my sponsor or mentor?

If the new consultant was your sponsor or mentor, we suggest reaching out to your team leader or another higher-level consultant for support and guidance. We also have resources available on our website and through our customer service team to help you continue your business successfully.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Cathy pclady
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Cathy pclady
  • alidafrizzell