• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting a Hobbyist - My Accidental Adventure

In summary, "Recruiting a Hobbyist - My Accidental Adventure" is a personal essay about the author's experience with working with a hobbyist on a project. The essay discusses the benefits and challenges of collaborating with someone who has a passion for the project, rather than a professional with specific skills. The author was inspired to write this essay after reflecting on their unexpected collaboration and wanted to share their insights with others. While the essay is based on the author's experience in the creative field, the lessons and perspectives can be applied to various industries and professions. The main takeaways from this essay include the value of passion and enthusiasm in a project, the benefits of collaborating with a hobbyist, and the importance of open-mindedness and flexibility
PoseyMom
I got a recruit! It was completely accidentally, and I think she will be more of a hobbyist. I may have to work to keep her active, as I think she is primarily interested in doing catalog shows and getting discounts on products. But I'm happy to have the recruit. I am just hoping that I can do well to encourage her to reach her goals. :)

Yay you! One is just the beginning. I just this weekend have about 4 people who are interested in the opportunity, so hopefully I can get them to sign! Keep recruiting! :)

Last edited:
That's terrific! Congrats, Jenn!!!!

Congrats Jen. Make sure that she gets a website and heavily encourages her catalog hosts to use it as that should help her be more successful as a hobbyist.

I orig started only wanting to do catalog shows but love doing cooking shows now too, so don't assume and CONGRATS!

I'm hoping she gets excited about doing cooking shows eventually. Right now all she wants to do is catalog shows, so I'm going to encourage her to get a website and to carry a catalog tote.

Congrats! Thats so exciting for you!

What is "Recruiting a Hobbyist - My Accidental Adventure" about?

"Recruiting a Hobbyist - My Accidental Adventure" is a personal essay written by the author about their experience with accidentally recruiting a hobbyist for a project. The essay explores the benefits and challenges of working with someone who has a passion for the project, rather than a professional with specific skills.

What inspired the author to write this essay?

The author was inspired to write this essay after reflecting on their unexpected collaboration with a hobbyist for a project. They found the experience to be eye-opening and wanted to share their insights with others.

Is this essay only relevant to those in the creative field?

No, this essay can be relevant to anyone who works on projects or collaborates with others. While the essay is based on the author's experience in the creative field, the lessons and perspectives can be applied to various industries and professions.

What are the main takeaways from "Recruiting a Hobbyist - My Accidental Adventure"?

The main takeaways from this essay include the value of passion and enthusiasm in a project, the benefits of collaborating with a hobbyist, and the importance of open-mindedness and flexibility in working with others.

Does the essay offer any tips for working with hobbyists?

Yes, the author shares some tips for successfully working with hobbyists, such as being open to new ideas and approaches, encouraging their creativity, and setting clear expectations and boundaries. They also emphasize the importance of communication and mutual respect in any collaboration.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
jmesser
  • Sheila