• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Many Full Time Pampered Chefers?

In summary, most full time moms have a job outside the home plus PC. Some have part-time jobs plus PC, and others only do PC. Some mothers have full-time jobs and have quit them for PC, while others have part-time jobs and are happy with them. Gillian works part-time at her in-laws' full service gas station and mechanic shop and collects stories from other PC consultants. She says she doesn't want to work for anyone else ever again.
ChefNic
I am a full time mom...and have been for 12 years... I was reading the online CN... and it talked about recruiting, and telling your PERSONAL story... that people can relate... It made me wonder...how many guests listen to my story and say ... I can't relate... I'm NOT a full time mom!!...?? I would love to hear your stories... I'd love to have an idea of how many of you have full time work outside the home plus PC...

How many of you have full time jobs, plus PC??
How many of you have part time jobs, plus PC??
How many are only doing PC??
How many of you HAD a full time job and quit it for full time PC??

I'm part-time and also do PC. My part-time job is fairly flexible and mostly done from home and actually meshes well with PC. I've only been doing the part-time job since July and PC since August. I have not worked in 4+ years now so I'm just getting back in the swing of things.

I work part time, homeschool 3 daughters, drive everyone around 5 days per week (mother to work, kids to Tae Kwon Do), have a gourmet coffee vending business (VERY small business, losing more money every month than it makes) that I deal with once a week, plus all of the home stuff. I'm crazy busy all the time, so I'm incredibly glad that PC is as flexible as it is. :D

I work a full time job other than PC, I have been selling PC for six months now, I also go to school full time, and I am a full time single mom.... soon to be married though. But I work PC full time I do anywhere between 4-6 shows a month.

Let's see... I'm an apartment manager... my office hours say "part time", but it's really not! LOL I feel like I'm always working.... I just started a parttime job at the school... I am chaufer to 2 kids for soccer, wrestling, marimbas.... volunteer at the school, Camp Fire Leader... and I keep PC pretty much part time. I want it to be more full time, and I will get there eventually! I will probably keep the apartment manager job, though! It pays the rent ;)

I'm a full-time mom. I recently exited my 10 year career in education and have decided to do the full-time mom thing with PC on the side. :)

Wow! You guys sure have a lot on your plate! I am a full-time Mom to a almost 3 year old and 16 month old! I can barely keep on top of my business now, I can't imagine doing this with another job!

Same here, Gillian!! I have 2 boys (ages 1 and 3 1/2) and I can barely stay organized and focused!! LOL
...and I only do about 4-5 shows a month!!

I am a FT mom, FT job (32 hrs) I guess that is FT and PT PC for 2 years!:)

I am a full time mom to 2 girls (7 & 3) & chauffeur to their activities...dance, kids klub at church, girl scouts. ( which I also help at both those things)
I also work part time at my in-laws' full service gas station & mechanic shop. I work in the office & since it's for my family it's really flexible.
When I started PC 4 1/2 years ago, I was only doing 1-2 shows a month, because I was also waitressing. I quit waitressing almost 2 years ago, and have picked up my PC biz. And I am sooo happy about that! Now I'm doing 6-8 shows a month and am loving it so much more all the time:)

I collect other consultant’s stories because I'm usually the odd woman out in any room. I’m married (almost 17 years) with no children. I have a part-part-time job (6 hours a week is a big week). Because I’m not raising children nor have a “real” job, most people cannot relate to my situation.

I spent 15 years in the non-profit field. My last job (8 years) I was an Executive Director. When the stress threatened my health, I quit and tried to figure out what I was going to be when I grew up. Luckily, my husband is gainfully employed. I spent two years working part-time for one company then ran into a friend of mine who has a small business. He needed a bookkeeper so I’ve been working with him for the past 6 or 7 years.

The number one reason I’m in this business? I don’t ever want to work for anyone else ever again. I’m the best boss I ever had! My work is Pampered Chef. When I’m at my shows, I use the stories of other consultants to explain that there are all sorts of people (motives) who do this business.

chefjeanine said:
I collect other consultant’s stories because I'm usually the odd woman out in any room. I’m married (almost 17 years) with no children. I have a part-part-time job (6 hours a week is a big week). Because I’m not raising children nor have a “real” job, most people cannot relate to my situation.

I spent 15 years in the non-profit field. My last job (8 years) I was an Executive Director. When the stress threatened my health, I quit and tried to figure out what I was going to be when I grew up. Luckily, my husband is gainfully employed. I spent two years working part-time for one company then ran into a friend of mine who has a small business. He needed a bookkeeper so I’ve been working with him for the past 6 or 7 years.

The number one reason I’m in this business? I don’t ever want to work for anyone else ever again. I’m the best boss I ever had! My work is Pampered Chef. When I’m at my shows, I use the stories of other consultants to explain that there are all sorts of people (motives) who do this business.

Jeanine, I so am with you, although I have 3 children, they are 25, 24 and 16. They really don't take much work anymore!

I quit my other (4-5 day a month) job to do PC full time back in March, but iinitially started because it was a structually sound company and the investent was low. What a great blessing it has been!

I cringe at thinking of working for someone else's dream ever again....now I work for my own!

What's better is that I feel that I am still helping others (I was a Respiratory Therapist), just in a different way. And I have WAY more fun doing this.

I always tell my guests at a show that now I go to a party instead of a code, and I haven't lost anyone yet!

chefjeanine said:

I'm a little similar. I'm married over 5 years and no children. My other part-time job ranges from 4-10 hours a week and is flexible and done mostly from home. I had to stop working 4 years ago due to chronic fatigue/fibromyalgia and hope never to have to go back to working for someone else.

I work a full time job (40+ hours), have my daughter anywhere from 2-5 days per week (depends on the weekends), and my PC business. Would love to be able to make PC full time after the wedding and next baby, but it needs to take off big time. Keeping my fingers crossed. I would love to be able to stay at home with my next child. I did that with McKenna (my 7 year old) for the first year or so and loved it so much.

I am currently on maternity leave until next June, baby number four (Wyatt) was born at the end of July. However, I am a full time radio announcer, I do the morning show at the country station here in town. I do that, have the kids (11, 8, 4 and 2 months), the husband, the house, the activities and I do an average of 8 shows a month. I love the Pampered Chef, I started when my husband went back to school to retrain 2 years ago. It's been awesome for me, I'm about to promote to director. I am doing 11 cooking shows this month and 2 catelogue shows and I am making more doing this than I am getting on my employement insurance for maternity leave. Love it!

Jen Hudson
Independent Future Director
Riverview, New Brunswick
Canada

I have a business that I work full time at (60-week) if I only get away with that!!!!. I do PC on the side!!

Jeannie, we MUST talk!!! Please shoot me an email below or a PM b/c here's my story:

I am married (5 yrs) with no kids. Honestly, we are not sure if we want any or not...most days we lean towards "no" so I know about that "odd woman out" feeling. If we do not have kids, we plan to be the BEST aunt & uncle ever to our nieces & nephews when my sisters have them!

I too am in nonprofits, for more than 4 years...fundraising to be exact. Before that, I was in PR/event planning in the tourism industry. So I know about that stress...45 hour weeks are the norm most of the year, with 60-90 hr weeks very close to events.

I am grateful in that I took on a new role at my company about 6 mos ago where I am on a three person team for one event, and manage another on my own. That is a reduction from managing 4-8 events a year on my own! So my hours have reduced and I have a more regular schedule. That allowed me to start PC this summer as I finished my master's degree this past spring.

However, the current environment at my job is not great. Lots of incompetent folks that are not being held accountable, and frankly, I'm burned out on trying so hard anymore. Not sure if I'm burned out on fundraising or my company.

That is why I find PC rewarding. I guess I'd say I work it part time...have done 2-4 shows a month so far and have 5 on the books this month. While it along with my outside volunteer work for 3 different groups pretty much consumes my free time, I enjoy being my own boss, as you said.

My dream is for this to become a full-time job, or at least pay well enough that I can take a lower stress day job. I know I cannot do what I do forever. Just biding my time until the business takes off, and also, until DH gets a more permanent job. We got to transfer back home with my job last year, and he decided to make a career change...while he likes it, he's still on temp employment. If he has something more secure, that would allow me to be more flexible.

I know that was LONG, but I just couldn't resist when I saw someone else on here who knows about the nonprofit world! Would love to hear more of your story :D

I am a stay at home mom to 4 & 3 yr old girls and 10 month old boy. My husband is in the military and often out of town. The girls don't have many activities at this point. Just pre school 2 days a week. I also am a member of toastmasters international. I am the vice pres of Pr for my club. That takes about 2-4 hrs. a week and I belong to a MOPS group, but other than that, my time is devoted to PC. I started back in June and LOVE it! I haven't had an income since my first was born and feel so much more accomplished now that I can contribute to my family income. I can finally say, I can afford that, when I see a new necklace or pair of shoes that I just have to have! I try to do 4-6 shows a month, but with hubby out of town it's hard to find open nights to do them. If I pay a sitter then I don't actually make anything. My husband was super supportive of me doing PC. In fact, it was his idea. He sees my need to get out of the house without the kids and have adult conversation. This way I get out with other adults and am not paying for the outing---I'm making money! IT's great.

I work 4 days a week, have two boys 5 & 3, and PC. I am hoping my PC business takes off b/c I would like to be able to go on field trips and go to other school functions during the day. My husband recently went back to school so that took more of his time away at night. He is gone a lot on the weekends with his side jobs so he is hardly home. I hope it changes soon. I love doing PC. I am my own boss and the only one really complaining about me is me.

Hello,
I wanted to drop in my story after getting a hold of everyone else's... what I great mix we have... It's nice to see that I am not the only one juggling!!!

I am in the US NAVY and have 10 1/2 years to go until I retire... I mean that is if I make it... it gets harder everyday even more so when you are a women. I have two little girls Maddison 4 and Aubrie 3. My husband is also in the Navy and let me tell ya it gets even tougher when you are both juggling. We duty, extra hours (you don't get paid for), the recalls and lets not forget the 7-9 month deployments where you are mowing the lawn at 7 1/2 months prego! Yes, that was me! I am a newbie with PC. But, excited to get started (have not received my kit yet) but this gives me time to get my feet wet. I also do homedecor on the side and love it! I sell my hanging pot racks to a lot of PC host to hang there new excutive pot set! It looks fabulous! I deceided to do PC because it is a no brainer. People love to cook and PC offers such great items that the name speaks for itself. When I told my mom that I signed up she flipped! She loves PC and I sent her a catalog right away! Hopefully when the moon and stars will a line just right and I can retire early and do my hobby that makes homes beautiful and there kitchens even better!

I have two step kids that live with my husband and I. (10/Adam and 8/Olivia) So I'm busy with their activities. I've held an Admin. Asst. full time job working at a State Park here in KS for almost 8 years. I have a great boss and get to have a pretty flexible schedule when I need off to do PC. I've been a consultant for 3 years now and hold one BINGO a month with 1 to 5 hosts/shows in a day. So PC is PT, but that's just right for me now.

I am a single, full-time mother of two who do everything (sports, etc) and I work full-time; sometime overtime in my line of work. I have almost been in 16 years and am considering getting out to do PC full-time.

I only do PC. I am a Stay-at-Home Mom with three boys - 6, 4 and 22mths. I started PC almost a year ago. PC gives me my release - I enjoy the time "out" of the house, party environment and adult conversation time. I am also one of the Hospitality Co-ordinators for our MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group which keeps me pretty busy too. I usually do about 4 shows a month.
Joanne

What a great thread!!!I work FT as a Legal Trail Assistant for our County's District Attorney for the past 10 years. The work is very stressful, emotional and demanding. Depending on the outcome, you are either the good guy or the bad guy (depending on which side of the bars you are on) to those involved. I have also been decorating wedding cakes for over 20 years. I daughter (now 26) and I had lived happily by ourselves unbtil I met my husband 8 years ago.

I graduated from college in 2005 with a BS in Social Behavioral Sciences (and if I might say so - anyone over 40 should never be required to do Algebra!!).

I started my PC business in January of this year as a way to pay back my student loan (ugh!!)

I have never been so happy in a job as I ma right now with PC. I, like many others, simply wanted some extra income to pay a bill and then ...well we'll see. Now I envision myself doing this full time (which equals = when "I" want to - my hours) and spending more time with my two grand children.

I would have given anything to have had this opportiunity given to me many years ago - that's why I ASK EVERYONE about becoming their own boss and making buisness decisions for themselves.

I love this site and have found so many wonderful people here. I plan on being with PC for... as long as I can stand in front of a group of people, be the center of attention, tell jokes and laugh....SO - I guess a VERY long time:p

After being a SAHM for 13 yrs. and refurbishing every home that we have owned (the current one from floor to ceiling, front to back) I wanted to go back to work. I went to several job interviews with the state (I use to work for the Municipal Court before being a SAHM) and other private entities. After being over looked so many, MANY times...no current "practical experience" (I guess budgeting household finances, appointment scheduling and the numerous compounded daily transactions do not count as anything) I looked into becoming a PC consultant. I have heard of PC but never in all my years was ever invited to a show. I fell in love with the product instantly (my neighbor had a show, I booked a show, then signed on).

I won't say that it has been easy but I love it. I get out and meet live adult human beings and I do what I want when I want to do it.

(Editorial note: You always hear that being a SAHM is the hardest job, longest hours, wearing the most "hats" (and we all know that it IS) until you try to go back into the "work force". Am I bitter? No Way. Their loss is my gain!)

I work at Staples Corporate in Accounts Payable Full-Time. I am married (5 years) I also have a 4 year old energetetic son who keeps me on my toes. I would love to make PC my Full-time job but right now I am the one who carries the health insurance (which is pretty bad for a large company) so I can't leave. I have been averaging about 4-5 shows a month. I hit a really big slump over the summer and was about to quit. Since then I have recruited 2 people and am now Future Director. I also have increased my shows with getting more catalog shows. I really love this company! Hopefully my dream of going full-time will become a reality.

I always tell everyone I am a full time mother and wife, part time student, all the other time PC consultant..lol. I love PC because it enables me to make our car payment while only working 5 or 6 days a week and I don't have to send my daughter to daycare. That was important to me. I try to do 8 shows a month but it seems it has been more 5 or 6 kitchen shows a month and 1-2 catalog shows. I will grad. in May with my AAS in Interior Design and having decided if I want to keep up PC as much and work part time or work full time and cut back on PC. I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

1. How many full-time Pampered Chef consultants are there?

As of 2021, there are over 60,000 full-time Pampered Chef consultants worldwide.

2. What are the benefits of becoming a full-time Pampered Chef consultant?

As a full-time consultant, you can enjoy a flexible schedule, the ability to work from home, discounts on products, and the opportunity to earn a full-time income.

3. Is it possible to make a full-time income as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, many consultants have been able to make a full-time income through their Pampered Chef business. However, it requires hard work, dedication, and a strong network of customers and team members.

4. Are there any requirements to become a full-time Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a full-time consultant, you must first join as a consultant and meet the minimum sales requirement of $1,250 in a rolling 3-month period. Once you have achieved this, you can choose to work full-time or continue as a part-time consultant.

5. How can I learn more about becoming a full-time Pampered Chef consultant?

You can visit the Pampered Chef website or contact a current consultant to learn more about the opportunity and how to get started. You can also attend local events and parties to meet consultants and get a better understanding of the business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • ChefNic
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • AMTC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
AMTC