• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success with Catalog and Online Only Shows - Tips for New Recruits

In summary, the conversation is about a potential recruit who is interested in the business but only wants to do catalog shows and use her website for sales. The person asking for advice is unsure if this method will bring success and is looking for tips from others who run their business this way. Other consultants share their experiences with successful catalog show recruits and caution about following company guidelines for web sales. The main takeaway is that there is no one right way to run a business and what works for one person may not work for another.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have someone who is possibly interested in the business. There is a sticky point....she only wants to do catalog shows and once she becomes active doing shows only via her website. This will only be my second recruit, so I am not sure if she will have any success at this. For those of you who run your buisness this way, or know someone who does; can you give me some tips on what to say to her. She really doesn't want to do home shows. The thought of them make her ill.
Help!!!

My first recruit only does catalog shows. She's a nurse and is on call frequently. But, she gets out there and tells everyone what she is doing. Her first show was $1,000; second around $500 (it hasn't closed yet) and she has two shows out there (one in a totally different city). And, she signed August 31st!! She doesn't even have a website yet!

I'm praying for four more go-getters like her!

Trish Kidd
"Toolbelt Trish in Texas"
"If you decide on a matter, it will be established for you." (from the Bible)

It's hard to maintain a business with just catalog sales but I wouldn't discourage her from getting started. They don't easily get the new contacts that we all need!

I have a consultant on my team who signed with the intention of doing 1 catalog show per month. She usually does 2 per month and almost half of them are Cooking Shows. You never know what may change for them.

Also, be sure she knows that if she wants to do "web sales" she needs to follow PC guidelines - no linking the site to other websites, etc.

I also have a recruit who does only catalog shows. She is also a nurse and she does really well at only catalog shows. She doesn't have a website.

She doesn't like the thought of kitchen shows either! So in my opinion if she will work at it, She will succeed with doing catalog shows. Also, my recruit usually gets 1-2 bookings off of every catalog show.

That's the beauty of this, it's what works for each person. Once she qualifies she only needs $200 every other month, which she can easily get through a catalog show. Beth is right on making sure she follows web guidelines. But if she uses that as a tool for the catty shows it might work. I have one right now that's over $500 and they all ordered on my site!

1. What is the difference between the Catalog and Online Only products?

The Catalog products are items that can be found in our physical catalogs and can also be purchased at our in-person parties or through a consultant. Online Only products are exclusive items that can only be purchased through our website.

2. Can I order Catalog and Online Only products together in one order?

Yes, you can order both types of products together in one order. Simply add the desired items to your cart and proceed to checkout.

3. How often are new Online Only products added?

We add new Online Only products to our website every month. Be sure to check back regularly to see our latest offerings!

4. Can I return Catalog and Online Only products?

Yes, both Catalog and Online Only products are eligible for our standard return policy. However, if the item was purchased from a consultant, it must be returned through them.

5. Are there any special offers or discounts for Catalog and Online Only products?

Yes, we often have promotions and discounts for both Catalog and Online Only products. These can be found on our website or through your consultant. Be sure to check regularly for the latest deals!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Darcy Sharpe
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • chefheidi2003
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • cookn' katie