• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Fair to Trade Shows for Recruits?

In summary, the speaker has been struggling to get their business going and recently had a woman approach them about joining their team. They are considering trading shows with another consultant in order to recruit this woman and potentially boost their business. They are seeking advice on whether this is a fair and reasonable action to take.
Tash
Hi Guys.
Please tell me what you think of this situation.

I have been really trying to get my business going for the past few months and things are just not happening.
I have worked some tables and I am working on the leads from those. This weekend I did a table with a girl in my group who is doing realllly well. She is a great person and I really enjoyed working with her. While we were at our table on Saturday I had a woman come up to me and tell me she used to be a consultant a few years back and she wants to rejoin but the person she was with before no longer does PC. I told her to join our cluster which she seemed pretty keen on since our director and monthly meetings are right in her area.

She seems even more keen since the kit is $90 this month.

Nothing like this has ever happened to me before and it was quite exciting. The person I was doing the table with was envious since she is trying to make director and obviously wants all the recruits she can get.

Now here's my thing. I am struggling to get bookings and stay active. If I do sign this woman up I don't know if I'll even beable to keep her since I am probably going inactive by the end of the month.
I told my partner this and said I'd be willing to negotiate a trade. If she passes on a couple of shows to me I'd give her this recruit.

The way I see it is, I would win by getting some bookings and beable to get business going and she'd win by having another recruit.

I really want to be fare here. I don't want her to feel like I am trying to take advantage of her, but I also want to use this to my advantage and get my business started. Do you think it is reasonable to ask her to give me two shows in exchange for this recruit?

Sorry for the loooong post.:eek:

I think it is fair, I would go for it

If the woman approached you, then you are entitled to recruit her!! GO FOR IT!!! Don't let her make you feel guilty!!

Call her yourself and tell her that if she books a show (with you of course) then she could possibly get her kit for $70 or $50. That would give you a show and a recruit!!!

jenniferlynne said:
Call her yourself and tell her that if she books a show (with you of course) then she could possibly get her kit for $70 or $50. That would give you a show and a recruit!!!

Good idea!!!:)

I would definitely not give up a recruit. Especially since you can probably get her to do a show to get kit credit. That gives you atleast one show! Having a recruit will boost your business and working with her can give you ideas on how to get more shows. You can get bookings from her show (I usually give those bookings to the recruit) but if someone wants to do a show before your recruit gets her kit you could atleast do that one. Then you have the two shows you were planning to trade your recruit too.
Also, your recruit may feel uncomfortable being traded like that. She may feel comfortable with you and not with the person she is traded to. So, before you trade her you might want to ask her if it's okay.
Whatever you do ---- act fast or she may change her mind! Good luck!

Hold your own mystery host show also before you go inactive this gives you 2 shows.

Can you use the kit credit off that reduced kit price of $90 canadian? That is an awesome deal if they will let you!

Actually, A host can get $25 or $50 dollars off her kit if she hosts, so she can get it for as little as $40!!:D

MOre than fair, but I would keep recruit and...
Tash said:
Hi Guys.
Please tell me what you think of this situation.

I have been really trying to get my business going for the past few months and things are just not happening.
I have worked some tables and I am working on the leads from those. This weekend I did a table with a girl in my group who is doing realllly well. She is a great person and I really enjoyed working with her. While we were at our table on Saturday I had a woman come up to me and tell me she used to be a consultant a few years back and she wants to rejoin but the person she was with before no longer does PC. I told her to join our cluster which she seemed pretty keen on since our director and monthly meetings are right in her area.

She seems even more keen since the kit is $90 this month.

Nothing like this has ever happened to me before and it was quite exciting. The person I was doing the table with was envious since she is trying to make director and obviously wants all the recruits she can get.

Now here's my thing. I am struggling to get bookings and stay active. If I do sign this woman up I don't know if I'll even beable to keep her since I am probably going inactive by the end of the month.
I told my partner this and said I'd be willing to negotiate a trade. If she passes on a couple of shows to me I'd give her this recruit.

The way I see it is, I would win by getting some bookings and beable to get business going and she'd win by having another recruit.

I really want to be fare here. I don't want her to feel like I am trying to take advantage of her, but I also want to use this to my advantage and get my business started. Do you think it is reasonable to ask her to give me two shows in exchange for this recruit?

Sorry for the loooong post.:eek:

The lady came to you, don't give up so quickly. I started out really, slow and now I'm doing really good and am excited all the time!!!!

Good Luck;

Liz

Keep the recruit!!! At least the show will give you time to think of other ways to get business. Put up grocery flyers in the stores around your area. It is fair season, give the town hall a call and see if there are any in your area that might be coming out. Have an open house or a mystery host show. Ask a friend or a family member to do you a favor and have a show. If they don't have time they could try a catalog or online show. Good Luck!

I had a girl stay active in Aug. just by having her mom ,sis and herself do that 100 squares thing--they each had the paper and sold squares for $1 or 6 for $5 and her catalog show was over $300--she stayed active and didn't do a show---anyone will pay $1 or so to win--even men or those that say they don't cook......the winners (3) ( 1 from each sheet):D got FREE products and she had a show

The show was $300 made just out of the square sales, or she had actual product sales plus the squares? That is a great way to stay active!!

It was over $300--but $300 was from those 3 selling squares---everyone loved it so she said she was doing it on her bowling nite once a month:D

I have a current catalog host who LOVED that idea--she said it is really selling --she was on vacation over a week--so she just took it in Monday--closing Friday:D

One of my hosts hung up the PC lottery square sheet at work and ended up increasing her sales by $100 with just that!!! I had another host get an extra $60 in sales with the squares.

What great ideasThank for all the great ideas. I think I am going to use alot of them to get my momentum going.

However I did decide to trade the recruit for some shows. I know it probably sounds like a dumb idea, but I feel good about it. Don't get me wrong, the person I did the table with did not make me feel guilty in any way. We get along very well and have the same sense of ethics and ideas. I have the utmost respect and admiration for her. I just know that she wanted that recruit REALLLY badly.
I decided to do it this way, for a few reasons. firstly as I said in another post I'm almost 6 months pregnant and having a rough pregnancy, so there are times I just am not physically able to get things done, as much as I want to. I thought about it an also strongly feel that this recruit deserves to get someone who is good at this and will help her businesss grow and flourish. I have seen what a difference it can make when you have a good mentor to follow. I also just realllly don't want to feel preassure when I have the baby, to be keeping up with all the responsibilaty that comes along with having a recruit. That's not to say that I never want to make director. I just know that what is put out for you no-one can take from you and when the time comes I will be given all I need.

Sounds flaky I know...but then again I am known to be a little flaky sometimes.:p

Sorry again for the LOONG post.

Tasha

Does not sound flaky at all. Sounds like you gave it a lot of thought and made the decision that is best for you. May your pregnancy get easier and you have an easy birth.

-Another tasha

I dont think it sounds flaky. It sounds like you made a decision that was better for your situation and that you feel strongly was better for the recruit's situation. That's totally awesome! You should be proud of yourself!

I don't think you sound flakey about it either.. you did what's right for you and the recurit and yoru business.... Do what you can do and keep from going in active...... good luck with your new baby and yoru business....

thanks again:pit feels like the right choice...I guess we all have tough choices to make and second guessing is par for the course.

thanks for all your possitive input and good wishes.

Good luck Tash!

Two things... first don't give up the recruit. NEVER DO THAT! Also, with the idea of trading for bookings. Remember that those hosts booked with HER... they might not be too happy that another consultant shows up. Just keep that in mind.

Next... selling the squares and such at shows. Just remember it is illegal to sell squares or do raffles. I know everyone does it and that's just the way it is... but BY LAW it is illegal to do unless you have a state permit. It's considered a form of gambling and if you ever have a law enforcement officer attend, they are obligated to either report you or arrest you. I had an FBI agent attend a show and ask me before attending if I did anything like that at my shows. I said no and she said that she would be able to attend then. She didn't want to put either of us in an awkward situation.

Just keep that in mind because you're not only representing yourself but you are representing Pampered Chef and wouldn't want anyone to think that we promote doing anything illegal. Just something to think about...

Wow!!I really don't know what the whole square thing is anyway, but who would of thought it would be illegal! How does it work? Do you pay for squares and then a square is drawn and that person wins something? Why aren't raffles illegal? Just curious.

1. What is the "Do You Think This Is Fare?" campaign all about?

The "Do You Think This Is Fare?" campaign is a movement created by Pampered Chef to raise awareness about the importance of using high-quality, sustainable, and ethically-sourced ingredients in cooking. Our goal is to encourage people to think about where their food comes from and to make more informed choices when it comes to their ingredients.

2. How can I participate in the "Do You Think This Is Fare?" campaign?

There are multiple ways to participate in the campaign. You can start by using our hashtag #DoYouThinkThisIsFare on social media to share your own experiences and recipes using high-quality ingredients. You can also attend one of our cooking classes or workshops where we teach about the importance of sustainable ingredients and how to incorporate them into your cooking.

3. What are some examples of sustainable and ethically-sourced ingredients?

Sustainable and ethically-sourced ingredients refer to those that are produced in a way that minimizes harm to the environment and supports fair labor practices. This can include locally-grown produce, organic and non-GMO products, free-range meats, and fair trade ingredients. At Pampered Chef, we have a list of approved suppliers who meet our standards for sustainability and ethical sourcing.

4. Is using sustainable and ethically-sourced ingredients more expensive?

In general, sustainable and ethically-sourced ingredients may be slightly more expensive than conventional options. However, at Pampered Chef, we believe that investing in high-quality ingredients is worth the cost for the health benefits and positive impact on the environment and communities. Plus, there are ways to save money such as buying in bulk or purchasing directly from local farmers.

5. How can I make a difference in promoting sustainable and ethical ingredients?

There are many ways to make a difference in promoting sustainable and ethical ingredients. You can start by educating yourself and others about the importance of these ingredients and making conscious choices when grocery shopping. Supporting local farmers and businesses that prioritize sustainability is also a great way to make a positive impact. And of course, participating in the "Do You Think This Is Fare?" campaign is a great way to spread awareness and inspire others to make a change in their cooking habits.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Niki Kate
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Ginger428
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • lisasfuncooking