• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

4 Pot. Recruits but All in the Same Family!

the sister has her own business and wants to focus on that, then it might not be a good idea to have her sign under the hostess.
pckimboyers
Well, after seeing Tom Marston the other night, I hit gold and had 6 people at my show (including the hostess) 4 of which marked yes or maybe for the consultant area of the dp slip---they are mother, both daughters and one of the daughters fiancee--- what do I say to them to get them to sign? I'm especially excited about the couple--but not sure what to tell them about how to do this as a couple! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

That they can work together and support each other in their own goals. I always try to get my consultants together who are in a similar situation and get them to support each other and cheer each other on.

First I would make sure you aren't trying to sign anyone living at the same address, but after that I think that Kate has it right they can all start at the same time and sort-of compete with each other and support each other, however their family dynamics work. From hearing from the couples on here I think that the couples do great working together.

There isn't a problem signing people at the same address, you just can't sign someone at your personal address.

OH, I thought that you couldn't have 2 consultants at the same address.

Nope, just can't recruit people living at your address. I guess they want to stay away from hubby being recruit 5 just to get you to director, or signing a family member that is 18 or older for the same reason...or for incentive trips...

Thanks Ladies.... So it is possible! I will cross my fingers and do everything I can to give them good info!

If there is a stronger candidate from among them, sign her (them) first. Then put all others under her. She becomes future director right away!!! As long as the family dynamic is ok and nobody gets snippety for being "under" one of the others!

Good Luck!

Good thinking! I didn't think of doing that, but now I have an issue...the girl I had an "appointment" with who seemed most interested,we were suppose to talk on the phone yesterday at 2:30--well I called and left a message, told her that I wanted to answer any questions she had, told her I'd be home after 4p, no return call. I called again today at 2:45-- no answer, hi, this is Kim with Pampered Chef, sorry I missed you, I was looking forward to chatting with you about the packet I gave you. I'll be home the rest of the day, give me a call. nothing. So, now what do I do? I don't want to call for the third day in a row and make her think I'm crazy--but I really don't know what to do now. She is also the one who has the fiance who is interested-- I tell you-- I've had soooo many potentials and I haven't signed any yet! This is so frustrating being so close but never being able to actually get them to sign!

Ask her if you can treat her to coffee and dessert at a local Denny's or something. An in person conversation is so much better!!! And, since it's your treat, you can write it off - and tell her you can!

Do remember thatif the couple is willing to combine their efforts, they may rather sign one piece of paper in one of their names. Then the two can do the work to get to the goals they wish to achieve. You have to at least point out that channel.
If they would rather do it seperately, well so be it. Makes one more recruit for you.
And about singning one then have the others sign under that one, then the same address thing would matter.

I have yet another question about all this!Well, everyone--I'm so excited--I am sooooo close to getting my first recruit! (She is the hostess of this party) She has taken my cons. # and talks very positively about it and says she will do it within the next couple of weeks.... remember the sister I couldn't get a hold of?--well, she wants to sign under her sister(hostess).. which is understandable--my question is--is this a good thing for me? Is it good to have a recruit under you recruit so quickly or does this mean that the hostess is my recruit and the sister will be hers and that's that?:confused:

I don't think it's a bad thing to have a new recruit have someone under her right away. She is half way to future director! When you become director, you will get more production bonus for a future than a consultant under you.

However, if you aren't close to promoting to director and she starts recruiting like crazy, she could possibly pass you by. You just need to make sure you really start recruiting so this doesnt happen. It's really a roll of the die--it could be great, it could backfire......ya never know.

ALWAYS look at everything with a "how can this benefit them" attitude instead of a "how can this benefit me" one. The recruit's recruit will be underneath you, no matter what. The recruit will understand what you go through to train her if she has to help support someone. Getting a recruit so early is an awesome benefit because of the cookware, catalogs, PC $, and the energy boost it will give to your recruit.

I'm sorry if I sounded like I was only worried how this would affect me--I'm totally excited about it, I was just curious about the whole thing and wanted to know where I would stand if this all happens. Sorry if I offended.

I was signed under my sister at her first show. It was nice to do PC together, but she was brand new too so she didn't really know anything about PC. If I had a question I kept calling her because I didn't even know my director, but she never knew the answer. She had to call the director, then call me back. 2 years later she is long done with PC, and now I talk to my director fairly often. If you call and check in often this would be a good situation I think, but make sure they both feel comfortable calling you with problems!

Thanks Gillian! I'm so excited! I just hope that all this talk doesn't end up "jinxing" the chance for her to join our team! :)

Hey, you didn't, but you sounded like you might be on the track to "mine, mine, mine..." (Finding Nemo reference) and it just doesn't work like that! It is SO hard to step out of that and help others, but it really does become more rewarding. AND people get more excited if it is about them. Once you have recruited them, start showing them how they have benefited you and they will start to see the recruiting big picture, which will usually inspire them to build their downline and become a director and that will also benefit you!!!

Reality Check!Thanks, After reading my entry again... you are exactly right-- but I will work very hard to come out of that, That is sooo not what I want to be like. Thanks for pulling a Dr. Phil on me and keeping it real, which puts me back on the right path;)

hmmmm...Dr. Kate....like the sound of that :p

Dr. Kate it is! :)

What is the story behind "4 Pot. Recruits but All in the Same Family!"?

The story is about four siblings who all join the military and end up serving together in the same platoon during their deployment.

Is "4 Pot. Recruits but All in the Same Family!" based on a true story?

Yes, the story is based on a true story of four brothers who all joined the military and served together during a deployment.

What branch of the military did the siblings in "4 Pot. Recruits but All in the Same Family!" join?

The siblings in the story all joined the Army.

Did the siblings in "4 Pot. Recruits but All in the Same Family!" face any challenges or obstacles during their deployment?

Yes, the siblings faced various challenges and obstacles during their deployment, including the dangers of war and being separated from their family and loved ones.

What is the message or theme of "4 Pot. Recruits but All in the Same Family!"?

The story highlights the bond and loyalty between siblings, as well as the sacrifices and bravery of those who serve in the military.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCdreamer
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
amy07
  • PCMelissa
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • finley1991