• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bugger...recruit Not Going as Planned

In summary, the author's first recruit is having some trouble, but the author is still trying to help her. The author is also worried about the first recruit and whether or not she will come through.
lisacb77
Okay, needed to vent to folks that understand.

I have my first recruit. I think she's in a funk. She also supports me at my day job (but we have always been more like a team than boss/employee) and dear to my heart. I was so surprised and excited when she wanted to give PC on the side. I am one of three ppl she supports at work, and she hasn't been completely happy with the arrangment...so I was happy to see that if she could make her business take off, she'd be less stressed. AND we'd still get to work together!

The short story is that the other 2 people are putting a lot of work on her, and they are new so it's not their fault...they are just in a bind b/c they are not being managed well by their boss. And you know stuff rolls down the hill.

I've still been trying to coach and encourage her. I know when I was going through this funk the past few months myself at work, PC really gave me something to look forward to.

Now, it's not that she's done nothing. We both knew she'd be just doing the bare minimum at first to qualify as she has a son getting married on Halloween and it's a destination wedding at Disney. She has sent catalog host packets to two sister-in-laws, and plans to have an open house on 9/30...we plan to split the orders into 2 shows so she'll have the 4 to qualify and get the knives. I even promised to attend and help, bring items she doesn't have and make sure all is right in PP that day to send it all in.

Well I called her tonight as she is supposed to observe an advanced director's show tomorrow night. She told me Wed night she's had trouble with her Internet connection at home and not able to pull up email. I told her if she needed me to access anything for her to let me know. So today she was supposed to call the director...I was copied on the email.

I called to touch base and make sure she got through okay...she didn't call, didn't even pull up the number. I am a little frustrated as all she had to do was call and ask me. I know it is her business and she needs to make it on her own, but I also know this is NOT like her. My recruit is even more of a nerd on attention to detail than me.

What I ended up doing is promising her I'd call with the number when I got home. Which I just did...left a message and let her know I hoped it went well and she has fun, and that I'd call her Sunday as planned to check in and see how it went.

I'm not as worried about her not coming through as I am that she's in a funk. Like I said, this is not typical behavior. And I don't think (I hope) that I'm coming off buggy...she has told me on our previous calls she really appreciates the help & support I've been giving her, as she doesn't feel our director (not the one she's going to see tomorrow) has been very helpful.

I don't know that I'm looking for any answers at this point. I just needed to get it out of my system. I'm going to bless and release now. That's all I can do. And continue to support the best I can. Thanks for listening.

Oh and P.S. I know I and PC are probably not the only things on her mind! I didn't want to come off that way and hope I did. I'm not in a big tizzy about this. If anything, I am worried about my friend! Maybe any of you that have recruited family or friends have advice.

I can't say I have been in your situation (I haven't even gotten my first recruit) but I can understand how you would feel! All you can do is help her when she needs it, and like you said, don't push too hard or she will resent it. Good Luck! I hope everything goes your way! :)

1. What should I do if my recruit is not going as planned?

If your recruit is not going as planned, it is important to communicate with them and try to identify the root cause of the issue. This could involve discussing their goals, motivations, and any challenges they may be facing. It may also be helpful to seek advice from a superior or mentor.

2. What are some common reasons for a recruit not going as planned?

There are many potential reasons why a recruit may not be going as planned. Some common ones include lack of motivation, difficulty adjusting to the demands of the role, personal issues or conflicts, or a mismatch between the recruit's skills and the requirements of the position.

3. How can I support a recruit who is not going as planned?

As a leader or mentor, it is important to provide support and guidance to a recruit who is struggling. This could involve offering additional training or resources, providing regular check-ins and feedback, and being understanding and patient with the recruit's progress.

4. What are the consequences if a recruit is not going as planned?

The consequences of a recruit not going as planned can vary depending on the specific situation and the policies of the organization. In some cases, it may result in the recruit being reassigned to a different role or receiving additional training. In more serious cases, it could lead to termination of the recruit's contract.

5. How can I prevent a recruit from not going as planned in the future?

To prevent a similar situation from happening in the future, it is important to conduct thorough interviews and assessments during the recruitment process to ensure the recruit is the right fit for the position. It is also important to provide clear expectations and support for the recruit throughout their training and development. Regular communication and feedback can also help identify any potential issues early on and address them before they become bigger problems.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cochef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • cochef