• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Fear of Time Committment??

In summary, my best friend's dh really wants her to sign up for PC. She is kind of on the fence about it, because she is a SAHM and does some WAHM business stuff with me. I have explained that she sets her own time, her own schedule, and that she doesn't have to be LIKE ME to just be herself. I am doing a show in her home this weekend, and if you have any advice I could use or information to pass on, I'd love it.
jessica_momof6
Silver Member
My best friend's dh really wants her to sign up for PC. She is kind of on the fence about it

Her biggest concern is that of time...she is afraid that she is too busy as it is (she is a SAHM and does some WAHM business stuff with me)

I have explained that she sets her own time, her own schedule. She also thinks that she does not have the personality, and that she couldn't get up there and be all perky and nice to everyone :D I explained she doesn't have to be LIKE ME...to just be herself.

I am doing a show in her home this weekend....if you have any advice I could use or information to pass on, I'd love it.

Thanks!

Wow, I'd say if you've got the time being a homeschooling mom of 6; then she surely would have some time!:)
You hear about consultants everywhere that have different stories....some are stay at home moms, some works full time, some have kids-work full time-and go to school....so many different stories & they all make it work. I think if someone REALLY wants to be a consultant, they will find a way to make it fit. Going to conference really puts in in perspective; you see all kinds of different people. When I go to conference & see all these different people I think, anyone CAN do this!
Do you have examples of different walks of life in your cluster that you could tell her about? All you can do is give her the info. If now isn't the best time, then maybe in the future she'll consider it.

Oh, if her dh is supportive she needs to go for it. I'm a SAHM who sign up with a luckwarm dh. After my first check ($500), he was no longer luck warm. He gladly sends me off while getting time to bond with the kids and knowing we have a bit of a nest egg saved for emergencies. Good things to promote:

Time for dad to be with kids
Alone time for me
Something to call my own and give me self-esteem (although that's not that true for me it can be for many people)
chance for kids to see mom work instead of just dad
Food deductions when you practise

She might want to set two/three times a week when she has office hours. Her dh could watch the kids and she could make calls. She also can call during naptime and on the cell phone in route to play dates or while cleaning the dishes at night.

I do find it to be stressful trying to balance it all but as long as her husband understand something has to drop (time alone, house cleaning or some outside commitment) then she should be okay....Good luck.

Tell her about the power hour...It has worked wonders for me!

1. How can I balance my time commitment with work, family, and other responsibilities?

The key is to prioritize and create a schedule that works for you. Make a list of your obligations and determine which ones are most important. Then, allocate specific blocks of time for each task and stick to it. Don't be afraid to delegate or ask for help when needed.

2. What if I'm afraid of committing to something and not being able to follow through?

Start small and set realistic goals for yourself. It's better to under-promise and over-deliver than the other way around. Also, remember that it's okay to say no if you feel overwhelmed or if the commitment doesn't align with your priorities.

3. How can I overcome the fear of missing out on other opportunities?

Focus on the present and remind yourself that you can't do everything. It's important to prioritize your time and choose commitments that align with your goals and values. Don't be afraid to politely decline opportunities that don't align with your priorities.

4. What if I have a fear of failure or not meeting expectations?

Remember that failure is a natural part of the learning process and it's okay to make mistakes. Set realistic expectations for yourself and communicate openly with others about your abilities and limitations. Also, focus on the process rather than the outcome and celebrate small successes along the way.

5. How can I manage my time more effectively and efficiently?

Start by identifying your biggest time wasters and eliminate them. This could include excessive social media use, procrastination, or multitasking. Prioritize tasks and use tools such as a planner or calendar to keep track of your commitments. Also, don't be afraid to delegate tasks or ask for help when needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefSheryl
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Veevahchef
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Chef Kearns