• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef as a Full-Time Job?

In summary, Liz says that it is feasible for a new recruit to make enough money to live on, doing only PC, if they have an idea of what they want to make and have a strong downline.
chefmelody
I had a lead at a fair this weekend with many questions about the opportunity. Unfortunately, it wasn't for him, it was for a friend, but I answered all of them as thoroughly as I could.

However, it seems his friend is looking for something that she can quit her full-time foodservice job to do. He was asking questions like, "If you put in 40 hours a week doing PC, do you get burnt out?" I told him that I couldn't imagine anyone doing 40 hours a week on it, even if they were doing it as a career! It's not a 9-5 job by any means.

Anyway, I was wondering if it is feasable for a new recruit to start out making enough money to consider PC a full-time income. I did not want to give this potential recruit false information, but I am only doing this as a hobby, and the only career consultants I know are directors and above. Would she be able to make enough money to live on, doing only PC? Honestly? :confused:

I think to answer this question you need to know what she is making now - at least the ballpark of what she wants to be making.

I would never suggest that someone QUIT their Full time job right off the bat...it takes a little while to build your customer base, and even working at it 40 hours a week, there is only so much you can do.

I quit my job after only 3 months of PC, and used to make $25/hour. However, my husband and I never really depended on my income to make our mortgage, car payment, etc...I can afford to make $1000-$1500 per month to keep out of the healthcare world!

It is a great business, and has soooo much to offer, but the stress of trying to make it work at the drop of a hat may be too much for someone who is dependent on the monthly income to live on!

It is sales, for goodness sakes, and unless you have built a strong downline, the income is never guaranteed! ;)

I think you definitely need an idea of what she wants to make. Full-time pay is different for different people. I would say that it's highly unlikely that I'll be making what I used to make at my outside of the home job in the next few months. Do I think it's possible? Sure. I think it will require a good bit of effort on my part though and it's not important to me to be able to make my previous income right now. If it were, I'd obviously still be doing what I was doing.

I think it could be feasible for her to look at her financial picture - how much she makes, how much she spends to work outside the home and what the net is, then determine how much she can realistically make with TPC from the startup.

pc ft
jwpamp said:
I would never suggest that someone QUIT their Full time job right off the bat...it takes a little while to build your customer base, and even working at it 40 hours a week, there is only so much you can do.

I quit my job after only 3 months of PC, and used to make $25/hour. However, my husband and I never really depended on my income to make our mortgage, car payment, etc...I can afford to make $1000-$1500 per month to keep out of the healthcare world!

It is a great business, and has soooo much to offer, but the stress of trying to make it work at the drop of a hat may be too much for someone who is dependent on the monthly income to live on!

It is sales, for goodness sakes, and unless you have built a strong downline, the income is never guaranteed! ;)

I"d love to give up my Healthcare position and go with PC full time, however, right now PC is fun and I'm kinda worried it wouln'd be if that were all I had. I do need my benefits too :( I know PC offers ins, but I"m sure it costs quite a bit more than I have now. Hopefully not too long down the road and I can get out of the pettiness/politics once/for all :)

Liz:cool:

Liz, I was pleasantly surprised to find out the insurance costs about the same as what my company is taking from my paycheck. But I agree, it takes some time!

Right now, my biggest battle is getting back in the black. I'm about 1/2 way there. I know it costs more at the beginning to start up, and can't wait to get to this point. I know we tell ppl it's just $90 to start, but with my business background, I know just paying for the kit isn't enough to get this to grow to be full-time!

I think all told it cost me about $300 to start. Things needed included pens, checks, business cards, a stamper, paper, ink for the printer, folders (although those I probably could have skipped initially), a new bank account (to make tax tracking easier), food for initial shows, gas for shows (yes tax deductible but until tax time or paycheck time it comes out of my pocket), PC website (which since many of my friends & family are out-of-state was a necessity in my mind), shipping catalogs to out-of-state friends doing shows, and a few other misc items.

1. How much can I expect to earn as a full-time Pampered Chef consultant?

As a full-time consultant, your income potential is unlimited. On average, consultants earn between $500-$1000 per month, with top consultants earning six-figure incomes. Your earnings will depend on your sales, team building, and leadership skills.

2. What are the benefits of being a full-time Pampered Chef consultant?

As a full-time consultant, you will have the flexibility to work from home and set your own schedule. You will also have the opportunity to earn discounted and free products, attend company events, and receive training and support from the company and your upline.

3. How much time will I need to invest as a full-time Pampered Chef consultant?

As a full-time consultant, you will need to commit to working at least 30-40 hours per week. This includes booking and hosting parties, attending training and team meetings, and managing your business and team.

4. Is there a monthly sales quota I need to meet as a full-time Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, as a full-time consultant, you will need to meet a monthly sales quota of $1250 in order to remain active and receive full commission. This can be achieved through party sales, online sales, and personal orders.

5. Can I still have a full-time job while being a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, many consultants have successful full-time careers while also being Pampered Chef consultants. However, to achieve the highest level of success in this business, it is recommended to focus on it as your primary job and dedicate the necessary time and effort to build your business and team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deanna Brown
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Deanna Brown
  • AMTC
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
AMTC
  • ChefSheryl