• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Training My First Recruit: Tips and Advice for Success | Kit Credit Signing

In summary, the speaker shares their excitement about having their first recruit who will officially sign to use kit credit at her show next week. They are seeking advice on training their recruit, who is located in a different state. They also mention their own experience with recruiting and their struggles with bookings. Another potential recruit changed her mind and signed with AVON instead. The speaker also shares tips they have learned from their director on training and setting up a separate checking account for their business. They express their excitement for their business and upcoming fundraiser.
jrstephens
I had to share my excitement. I have my first recruit. She is going to officially sign at her show next week to use kit credit.

I would appreciate any advice or info on training her. My director is going to do training with her over the phone (we are literally states a part), but I would love to be fully equipped to train her since we are 15 minutes a part.

I have gotten lots of info off this site, but am posting this for fresh ideas and to share my excitement!

I don't have advice for you. however I would like to Congratulate you on your recruit. That is awesome!!

That's Great!! I just signed on my first 2 weeks ago. We met with my director and she is going to 2 of my director's shows and 1 of mine for training. She will get an email with her consultant #. Once she get's her consultant # then you will need her to get her debit card right away.

So Close Yet So Far!I wish I could say the same of having my first recruit! I met a lady in the officemax parking lot yesterday-- she literally kneeled down to my window and said "Do you do Pampered Chef because I've been thinking about signing up" Well, I wish you guys could have seen how I hauled a** out of that car! She was so excited-- very impressed with the Empowering Magazine and she even set a date with me to do her first show-- We agreed to talk today at 4p-- I was literally fantasizing about telling my director I got my first recruit that's how sure I was of it! Anyway, at 4:05-- I dialed her number after racing home from getting my car serviced-- only to hear "This number has been disconnected" :eek: I do have her work number and e-mail, I e-mailed and called her work, but got an answering machine and didn't want to leave a message on it. Sooooo I'm hoping she gets in touch with me, I guess I'll try her work again tomorrow;)

I have a fundraiser Sat. and I got a call tonight thinking that this person wanted to add an order to that show. NOOOOO she wanted information on becoming a consultant!!!!! I have really been struggling these last few months and really hoping that this fundraiser will boost my bookings and I have another lead for a show in that same city. I really want to be optimistic that this is all starting to work for me but then I don't want to get optimistic because then everything will fall apart right?!? I think I need other excitment! I really want this to work and I am so EXCITED!!!!

I have a fundraiser Sat. and I got a call tonight thinking that this person wanted to add an order to that show. NOOOOO she wanted information on becoming a consultant!!!!! I have really been struggling these last few months and really hoping that this fundraiser will boost my bookings and I have another lead for a show in that same city. I really want to be optimistic that this is all starting to work for me but then I don't want to get optimistic because then everything will fall apart right?!? I think I need other excitment! I really want this to work and I am so EXCITED!!!!

Cheryl Mackey
Making your days in the kitchen less stressful!

So Close Yet So Far!I called my possible recruit at her work this morning and she changed her mind and signed with AVON:eek: I asked her what about Avon attracted her she said that she didn't have time for shows and the start up cost was less. I went through my whole thing with booking and taking off the $90-- but she didn't budge. Probably best anyway-- I would hate for her to sign then not qualify! I guess we just gotta keep working at it. As for your recruit... from tapes (and my director) I have learned to tell them to get a separate checking account for PC business, get them set up with a folder (for guidance in making more) to give to potential hosts and make sure she books those shows. That's what my Director did. I'm sure other more experienced ladies have better thoughts on that.

cmackey said:

Cheryl Mackey
Making your days in the kitchen less stressful!

First of all, good luck with your fundraiser Saturday! Great about a recruit possibility. I know how you feel about being mixed about trying to get all the bookings you can and if recruiting may take some bookings away. If she really wants to sign on I say go for it. If you don't sign her up someone else may down the road if she really wants to. Hopefully you will benefit from both bookings and recruits from this fundraiser! Keep us posted.

yahoo.gif

Great Job!
Good for you!
I would say to give her a welcome booklet if you have an extra, tostart working on her list of 100, and to get on the phone and book those shows!!!!
Also, Don Funt tells his recruits to try to book their first 4 shows in their first 2 weeks, kind of like on the job training.
Awesome!
thumbs.gif

What is "My First Recruit!"?

"My First Recruit!" is a comprehensive guide and tool for businesses to successfully recruit and onboard their first employee. It covers everything from creating job descriptions to conducting interviews and setting up an onboarding process.

Who is "My First Recruit!" for?

This guide is designed for small businesses or startups who are hiring their first employee and may not have experience with the recruitment process. It can also be helpful for HR professionals or managers who want to improve their recruitment strategies.

What topics does "My First Recruit!" cover?

The guide covers a wide range of topics including creating a job description, sourcing candidates, conducting interviews, making a job offer, and setting up an onboarding process. It also includes tips and best practices for each step of the recruitment process.

Is "My First Recruit!" only for hiring full-time employees?

No, the guide can be used for hiring any type of employee, whether full-time, part-time, or contract. The recruitment process and best practices are applicable to all types of hires.

How can I access "My First Recruit!"?

The guide is available for purchase on our website as a digital download. Once purchased, you will receive a link to download the guide, which can be accessed on any device for convenient use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• starksc
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Pampered Angel
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • sjackson