• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruit Does Not Have Computer...

In summary, a computer can be bought for under $300, and using Pampered Partner, submissions can be sent electronically. However, this may not be an affordable option for a recruit who does not have internet service at home.
AJPratt
Silver Member
So, transmitting shows electronically, via PP could be a problem. I know we can submit them via mail. Does anyone have any solutions for me? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/traurig/sad-smiley-068.gif

I would highly suggest to her that she invest in a cheap computer. (You can get whole packages computer, monitor, printer for under $300) She can write it off, and then she will be able to have lots of other uses for the computer! Besides email and a Personal Web Site. She is doing herself a real disservice to not have a computer, since most households have one these days. Tell her it will also help her in her taxes and such as well. Also, she can go online to Pampered Chef to keep track of her shipments and print out promotions and fliers.

I did my biz for the first 2 years sending in my shows via snail mail! So it CAN work. It's just soooo much easier now that I have my computer. If money's an issue for her, and can't afford one right now, just let her know with her comission checks maybe then she can get one! Plus, it can be a tax write off. But, like I said, it can be done! Just extra time is needed for writing everything out:(

My new recruit has the same issue - no computer and no money to get one with right now. I spoke with her yesterday and she is interested in getting one soon, but until then, I guess we will do snail mail.

My recruit has a computer, but no internet. I live close to her, so she comes to my place to submit her shows. It has worked out well, and she is getting internet with her commission check!

My recruit I just signed won't get her internet till next month either.

Ann

Well, I am glad to hear tht it can work.

PP hasn't been around for too long, there are tons of consultants that had no other choice but by hand before PP!! I am sure that PP has made life far easier for the HO since...could you imagine going through all of that paperwork everyday and think about how long it would take to go through the order and to get the order out!

AJPratt said:
So, transmitting shows electronically, via PP could be a problem. I know we can submit them via mail. Does anyone have any solutions for me? http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/traurig/sad-smiley-068.gif

Just remember that without using Pampered Partner she'll have to submit her shows earlier and most likely send them via Federal Express to get them in on time.

Good luck with your recruit!

PP has been around for over 8 years. It was $50 when I first became a consultant. I did my first 15 shows "by hand" and then bought PP. It was well worth it in just the time and frustration saved!!!

I might be wrong on this but I don't think you need to have internet service to send your shows through PP. You just need a phone line. Of course, alot of people are only using cell phones so maybe she doesn't have a phone line.

Computers are getting SO cheap these days. Office Depot has one on sale until tomorrow for $99.99!! You do have to pay about $350 out of pocket but there are mail in rebates. I totally understand the no money problem but where there's a will there's a way. We bought our first computer when I started PC from Office Depot. It was real cheap (with rebates) but we didn't have the upfront money. My mom let us use her credit card, we paid the final price (like the $99.99 above) and then had all rebates sent to her. She got the rebates about the time the first bill was due and we got a computer.

It can be done but it is so frustrating as a recruit in my cluster found out. They miss emails not only from the cluster but from the HO as well - and the PC website for all that is going on - I just honestly dont see how anyone can do this for long without all that support. I would highly recommend they invest in a computer. They are so cheap these days.

I'm wondering if I have an extra computer at home she can use, or if I can sent the shows for her, until she can afford one. She says that they have one but it keeps breaking down. I mean, if it was ok with her job, she could do it from work.

Keep the solutions coming, people! We'll figure this out together~

What do I do if the recruit does not have a computer?

If the recruit does not have a computer, you can suggest alternative options such as borrowing a computer from a friend or family member, using a public computer at a library or internet cafe, or even completing the recruitment process over the phone.

Can the recruit use a mobile device instead of a computer?

Yes, as long as the mobile device has internet access and can support the necessary applications or websites needed for the recruitment process.

How should I communicate with the recruit if they do not have a computer?

You can communicate through phone calls, text messages, or video calls using a mobile device or any other alternative means of communication that the recruit has access to.

Will not having a computer affect the recruit's chances of getting hired?

No, not having a computer should not affect the recruit's chances of getting hired as long as they can complete the necessary steps of the recruitment process using alternative means of communication or technology.

Can I provide a computer for the recruit to use during the recruitment process?

Yes, you can provide a computer for the recruit to use during the recruitment process if it is feasible and convenient for both parties. However, make sure to discuss this with the recruit beforehand and make necessary arrangements.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AZPampered Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
AZPampered Chef
  • pamlevy
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Intrepid_Chef