• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Potential Recruit - 3Rd Shifter

I would definitely not recommend it to anyone.Oh my gosh I didn't know that!! I was stupid and actually tried working 3rd shift in the computer department of the company I was working for. At the time my son was only two (my husband waited until I got home and then he would go in to work so we didn't have to pay daycare) and was going to school part time for Graphic Design. After 8 months I finally threw in the towel and applied for a different job at the same company with better hours. I was a walking zombie most of the time. Looking back now, I have no idea how I did it. I would definitely not recommend it to anyone.
kathyski
Silver Member
I need some advice. I believe in asking every host (as we all should) if she's ever thought about doing what I do. But I have a host coming up on 9/17 who did a July Catalog show of over $600 and is doing a Sept. cooking show. I really think she'd be a great consultant. But before she says it, I want to over come her probable objection of her other job. She is a nurse and works 3rd shift. Any Ideas on how this can work for a 3rd shifter besides being a catalog consultant???

When is a 3rd shift?

Usually third shift is working from about 11pm to 7am - or something similar. All-nighters anyway.

Nurses on the 3rd shift need things to do at times, and that's straight from my nurse friend. She could have catalog shows running all over the hospital. Not a sustaining group, but a good start.

She can still do shows in the evening and still make it to the hospital on time. I'm thinking she gets home in the morning, sets the kids to school and goes to bed...then she'll get up in the evening, have dinner, go to her show, then go to work. She can also do Pampered Chef on her days off, just like anyone else, if she doesn't want to fit it into workdays. She could also do morning brunch shows for the stay-at-home mom crowd...Any other questions?

I agree with Kim, do a show and off to the hospital. I do somewhat the opposite with my job, I finish at 5pm and often drive from work to the hosts house, change clothes and on with the show. More than likely she works only 3 days on 4 days off if she is a nurse, at the most 4 days on 3 days off, she should have quite a few days to book shows for.

Perhaps she could target the third shift crowd with express shows at the hospital in different departments. This couldn't sustain her business but she could do more than one in the same hospital since they are usually so big.

Thanks everyone!You all had some great ideas. Now I at least have some ideas to share with her when I am talking with her about consulting. I just know she'd be great - she's got such a wonderful personality, loves our product... and obviously works with people that love the products too, since her catalog show was over $600 and the orders were all people from work. She didn't even ask family and friends, they're invited to her home cooking show in a couple weeks.

Thanks again!

Kathy

Tell her about Tonya Broslawsky....she was an RN, quit her job after she realized that PC could replace her income and give her more time with her family! She is now an upper level director!

I must say, as a former night shift respiratory therapist at a hospital, it's the worst thing ever for your health, and studies have shown that night shift workers are more likely to suffer from depression and their lifespans are an average of 5 years less than day shift workers.

Truly something to think about!

jwpamp said:
Tell her about Tonya Broslawsky....she was an RN, quit her job after she realized that PC could replace her income and give her more time with her family! She is now an upper level director!

I must say, as a former night shift respiratory therapist at a hospital, it's the worst thing ever for your health, and studies have shown that night shift workers are more likely to suffer from depression and their lifespans are an average of 5 years less than day shift workers.

Truly something to think about!

Oh my gosh I didn't know that!! I was stupid and actually tried working 3rd shift in the computer department of the company I was working for. At the time my son was only two (my husband waited until I got home and then he would go in to work so we didn't have to pay daycare) and was going to school part time for Graphic Design. After 8 months I finally threw in the towel and applied for a different job at the same company with better hours. I was a walking zombie most of the time. Looking back now, I have no idea how I did it.

What is a "Potential Recruit - 3rd Shifter"?

A "Potential Recruit - 3rd Shifter" is an individual who is being considered for a job position that requires them to work the night shift, also known as the third shift. This shift typically starts late at night and ends early in the morning.

What are the requirements for a "Potential Recruit - 3rd Shifter"?

The requirements for a "Potential Recruit - 3rd Shifter" will depend on the specific job position they are being considered for. However, some common requirements for working the third shift may include previous experience working night shifts, the ability to work independently, and a flexible schedule.

What are the benefits of working as a "Potential Recruit - 3rd Shifter"?

One benefit of working as a "Potential Recruit - 3rd Shifter" is that you may receive a higher pay rate compared to working during regular business hours. Additionally, working the night shift may offer a more quiet and less hectic work environment, as well as the potential for more opportunities for career advancement.

What are some challenges of working the third shift as a "Potential Recruit - 3rd Shifter"?

Working the night shift can be challenging for some individuals, as it may disrupt their natural sleep patterns and make it difficult to balance work and personal life. It may also be challenging to find transportation to and from work during late hours. Additionally, some people may struggle with feeling isolated or disconnected from friends and family who may be on a different schedule.

How can I prepare for a job interview as a "Potential Recruit - 3rd Shifter"?

To prepare for a job interview as a "Potential Recruit - 3rd Shifter", it is important to research the company and the specific job position to understand the responsibilities and expectations. Be sure to also highlight any relevant experience or skills that make you well-suited for working the night shift. It may also be helpful to adjust your sleep schedule a few days before the interview to ensure you are well-rested and alert during the interview.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampChefDeb
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
chefliz
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • Bren706