• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Starting a Pampered Chef Business as a Team: Advice Needed

In summary, my sister is very interested in starting a PC business, mainly to get free products. She's addicted to it, but she's not much of a people person. Her husband can talk to you about dirt for an hour, but she's not interested. I know there are teams out there, but they're not for her. She wants to do it "alone," but she's afraid because she has a 2-year-old and a full-time job. I'd like to know about this too, because I have two sisters that are thinking about doing this.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
My sister is very interested in starting a PC business, mainly to get free products..she's addicted. Problem is, she isn't much of a people person, but her husband can talk to you about dirt for an hour. I know there are teams out there, even guys that are consultants. How do I convince them that they could do this as a team. For those of you that are teams, how do you handle your business differently than those of us who do it "alone" do you handle one part, your spouse handle the other? Any advice I could give them would be greatly appreciated. They are afraid because they both have full time jobs and a very demanding 2 year old.

I'd like to know about this too, I have 2 sisters that are thinking about doing this, but not sure how they will decide who gets the tax benefits, etc.

Any one have experience in this as well??

I have a team in my down line.

One of them signed and they book and do the shows together. Another of their relatives is a tax accountant and she figures out how much the "helper" gets paid. The consultant should get more than half because the 1099 is going to show up on her taxes.

If they both signed up they would have a hard time determining how to divide up the sales and if a trip was earned they couldn't go together - consultants can not take consultants on the trips.

The other thing they have to watch is liability. If something happens and the helper did it our liability insurance would not cover.

I didn't know if it would be different since they are married.

They sould not both sign. One should be the consultant and the other the "helper". If they both sign (even husband & wife) only one of them could go on a trip earned unless they BOTH earned the trip. - Twice as hard to do since they would both have to earn the points as 2 consultants.

Why would a husband wife team want to get two super starter kits? If they both had to sign, I'd say one should sign under the other so someone gets recruiting points and the override.

hi!

My wife and I are PC team. I am the "official" consultant but we share EVERYTHING equally. On all of our correspondance it reads, Billy and Sara Dexheimer, not just me.

I do all of the cooking at the shows because I was told women "dig" that kind of thing! :)

My wife and I share the responsibility of talking about products and she helps keep me organized while cooking (cleaning tools, setting the oven, preparing the servings, etc.)

It works out SO well and we are really having a fun time. Our first show ended up being over $1400 and our next show is coming up soon. We are really pumped about PC and I can't imagine doing this without each other. It makes for half of the work and between the two of us we stay really organized and prepared.

Being a husband/wife team is the way to go. We love spending the time together, making extra $$ and getting free stuff!! You can't go wrong with that combo!

beepampered said:
Why would a husband wife team want to get two super starter kits? If they both had to sign, I'd say one should sign under the other so someone gets recruiting points and the override.
You can not sign someone who lives in your household. If my dh wanted to sign PC wouldn't let him sign under me.

I think she has rethought this. She wants to team with my mom. My mom won't sign due to her unemployment status. My sister is not a people person, but she has the contacts. My mom would probably do the actual shows(she is good at that kind of thing). Mom just wants the discount and free stuff. Sounds like it will work, but I don't understand the liablity insurance thing. The only down side is that I will loose my mom as a customer and she is my biggest and best supporter.

What are the benefits of starting a Pampered Chef business as a team?

Starting a Pampered Chef business as a team allows you to leverage the strengths and skills of each team member. It also allows you to share the workload and responsibilities, giving you more time to focus on other aspects of your business. Additionally, working as a team can help you build a strong support system and provide a sense of camaraderie.

How do I find team members for my Pampered Chef business?

There are several ways to find team members for your Pampered Chef business. You can reach out to your family, friends, and acquaintances who have shown interest in the company or its products. You can also attend local networking events and connect with individuals who share your passion for cooking. Lastly, you can utilize social media platforms to find and connect with potential team members.

What are the key qualities to look for in potential team members?

When selecting team members for your Pampered Chef business, it is essential to look for individuals who are passionate, driven, and have a strong work ethic. They should also be able to communicate effectively, work well in a team, and have a positive attitude. It is also beneficial to find team members who have a similar vision and goals for the business.

How can we effectively manage our team and responsibilities?

Effective communication and delegation are key to managing a team and its responsibilities. It is crucial to establish clear roles and responsibilities for each team member and have regular check-ins to ensure everyone is on track. Utilizing online tools and resources can also help streamline tasks and improve overall team productivity.

What support and resources are available for Pampered Chef teams?

Pampered Chef provides extensive support and resources for its teams, including training and development programs, marketing materials, and online tools for managing your business. You can also connect with other Pampered Chef teams and mentors for advice and support. Additionally, the company offers various incentives and rewards for achieving your business goals and milestones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
winklermom
  • Bren706