• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Effective Recruiting Strategies for Shows: Tips and Techniques

In summary, the participants suggest various games and techniques to use at shows for recruiting, such as the Belinda Ellsworth spiel, the timer game where guests ask questions about the job, and the "Sock it to me" game where guests throw rolled up socks. These methods have proven to be effective in increasing recruit leads and sign-ups. The presenter also mentions a variation of the timer game used at a conference where a knife is thrown around as questions are asked. These creative and interactive approaches help engage the audience and make the recruiting process more fun and exciting.
AJPratt
Silver Member
What do you say at your shows for recruiting? I am just not feeling like I have the words. I feel comfortable one on one, but what should I be saying to a group?

I do the Belinda Ellsworth spiel with a little bit of me thrown in. I step away from the table and and ask, "Ladies, who here would like to add an extra $400 to $600 to their monthly budget? By joining The Pampered Chef and doing a handful of shows a month you could easily earn that much & more! What would you use that extra cash for? Braces for your kids, a college fund, or a new car? A few nights a month with The Pampered Chef could help you fullfill each of your dreams and aspirations. In addition to earning some extra cash, you could also earn fabulous vacations to exotic locales ALL over the world and travel Pampered Chef style! If I've sparked your curiousity and you're interested in learning some more about The Pampered Chef opportunity and what we have to offer or you know someone who could use the extra cash and benefit from our unique opportunity, then I invite you to take home an information packet when you leave tonight. (I hold up the packet) All I ask is that you give me 5 minutes of your time in the next day or so to answer any questions."

I then go back to the table and pick up where I left off. I don't have this programmed in at a certain time, I normally just do it whenever I feel like I have their attention the most!

What about doing the game where you set a timer for a couple of minutes and pass around a Quick Cut Paring Knife or something, and the guests pass it around and ask you questions about your job? The last person holding it gets to keep it.

I do a variation on the timer game. I set the timer for 3 or 4 minutes and then everyone that asks a question gets a ticket. At the end of the show I do a drawing for a prize.

I have really upped my recruit leads since I started including this in my shows! And, I just signed my second recruit!

I may try that. I was doing the hot potatoe game, but it was really slow starting.

RachelNguyen said:
I do a variation on the timer game. I set the timer for 3 or 4 minutes and then everyone that asks a question gets a ticket. At the end of the show I do a drawing for a prize.

I have really upped my recruit leads since I started including this in my shows! And, I just signed my second recruit!

I do that one too and man, women go crazy asking all these questions! I usually set it for 5 or 6 minutes b/c it goes so fast!:D

I've been doing the 3 minute ticket game for some time, now. However, when packing for one show I couldn't find my tickets (!), so I threw in a clean pair of rolled up socks. Now I call it my "Sock it to me" game. The audience enjoys throwing the socks at one another! (I throw to 1st person, then she throws to the next who asks, etc). The person holding the socks when my PC timer goes off gets the prize.

At one show with 5 guests, 3 people signed up and the others booked shows!

At conference at the "Kitchen Show Live" - the presenter did a really cute thing. Just like above - the timer set for 3 minutes - people could only ask questions about the business. But instead of tickets - (like throwing the sock - LOL!!!) - she threw a Quik-Cut Knife - still wrapped in the package of course. She said "Havent you ever wanted to just throw a knife at someone"?....then as questions were ask, the knife was just thrown around.

She uses it as her closing and she said it always get them laughing and "wakes them up"....a bunch of women fighting over a little $1.25 knife!

Ann F said:
I've been doing the 3 minute ticket game for some time, now. However, when packing for one show I couldn't find my tickets (!), so I threw in a clean pair of rolled up socks. Now I call it my "Sock it to me" game. The audience enjoys throwing the socks at one another! (I throw to 1st person, then she throws to the next who asks, etc). The person holding the socks when my PC timer goes off gets the prize.

At one show with 5 guests, 3 people signed up and the others booked shows!

3 people signed up to be a consultant from a single show? Wow! That's awesome! I've never had much luck with the ticket game.

I say something similiar to Donna. I also start with saying " I'm offering each one of you a job today!" And look at everyone when I say that. I heard that off a recruiting cd I bought. I thought that was a good line to start with.

What is "Recruiting at Shows"?

"Recruiting at Shows" refers to the process of hiring new employees or recruiting potential candidates at trade shows, job fairs, or other industry events.

Why is it important to recruit at shows?

Recruiting at shows allows companies to reach a large pool of potential candidates in a short amount of time. It also provides an opportunity to network and showcase the company culture and values to potential employees.

What are some effective ways to recruit at shows?

Some effective ways to recruit at shows include setting up a booth or table at the event, actively engaging with attendees, offering informational sessions or workshops, and collecting resumes or contact information from interested candidates.

What should companies consider when recruiting at shows?

When recruiting at shows, companies should consider the target audience of the event, the company's hiring needs, and the resources and budget available for recruiting. It is also important to have a clear job description and hiring criteria in order to effectively evaluate potential candidates.

How can companies make the most of their recruiting efforts at shows?

To make the most of recruiting at shows, companies should have a well-designed and visually appealing booth or display, train their representatives on effective recruitment techniques, and follow up with potential candidates after the event. They should also track and analyze their recruiting success at different shows to determine which events are most beneficial for their hiring needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• EmilyStraw
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
pcjenr
  • leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • NooraK