• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Empowering Women - Which Pages Do You Send?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the use of Empowering Women magazine for recruiting purposes. The participants discussed the possibility of copying and sending specific articles to prospects and including them in host packets. Some were concerned about copyright issues, but others mentioned that as long as it doesn't affect the company's profit, it should be okay. They also shared their favorite articles from the magazine and how they use them in their recruiting efforts.
its_me_susan
Have any of you determined which pages of the Empowering Women magazine are best for copying/sending to prospects you don't want to send the entire magaine to? Or to include in your host packets?

I have sent out several magazines, have one in page protectors.... would love to brainstorm with everyone.

Susan :)

I think you need to be careful copying articles and sending them.....copywrite issues. Wasn't there something in a recent weekly bytes about that? I'll have to do some digging to check on that.
Melinda

There are strick copy right laws, but one can make 5 copies of any text with up to 15 pages in the text for sending out...as long as it doesn't affect the profit of the company then it should not be in violation of copyright laws. Granted those numbers were from 5 years ago when I used to work with Kinko's.

You are FULL of info Andrea! It make me laugh....! What do you do now that you aren't protecting the rights of huge companies, LOL!??

Oh, wow, Andrea. I work at Staples right now, and the copy center policy is, if it's copyrighted, it's a no go unless they have a release... customers get pretty snarky about it, but that's what we do.

That is really just to protect your company, Kinko's would do the same thing as well as O-Max right now...but the law is different. Most companies policies are more stringent than the law to protect themselves. Now, I wouldn't say that one could make 10 copies of the entire magazine as that would be a violation. But, no one is going to come after a PC consultant because she went and used her own or a self-serve copy machine and made 5 copies of a few pages and sent them out to other people. Anyway, that is just my $.02!!

I have send the profile of interest to the person I am recruiting. Each article is of interest to different people. I also like the company timeline story but think that's a little to long for most people - especially in black and white. I also like the article about direct selling and it's popularity. I'll continue to be ignorant of the rules and use the self-serve machines to avoid being told I can't make those copies.

soonerchef said:
There are strick copy right laws, but one can make 5 copies of any text with up to 15 pages in the text for sending out...as long as it doesn't affect the profit of the company then it should not be in violation of copyright laws. Granted those numbers were from 5 years ago when I used to work with Kinko's.

Now that the magazine is out of print (September's issue is out), our copying should be fine ~ it certainly can't hurt them, and I purchased it myself, more copies for the sole purpose of recruiting as guided by Pampered Chef (with Empowering Women's knowledge). I'm willing to bet that they cater to each business, knowing that their reps will buy out the magazine.

Does anyone know who is featured in September's issue? I know Beauty Control was before ours.

I heard the new Taste of Home company is in the next issue

beepampered said:
I have send the profile of interest to the person I am recruiting. Each article is of interest to different people. I also like the company timeline story but think that's a little to long for most people - especially in black and white. I also like the article about direct selling and it's popularity. I'll continue to be ignorant of the rules and use the self-serve machines to avoid being told I can't make those copies.

That is exactly what I'm looking for! Can you tell me what pages you send to which kinds of people? I am interested in the identifying which articles speak to which heart-tugs. I hope that makes sense.

Thank you!

dannyzmom said:
I heard the new Taste of Home company is in the next issue

Not what I wanted to hear! lol.

Do you know who was the 1st they featured?

This is what my director sent to me.

I hope it is helpful

Take the Empowering Women magazine and put florescent tabs
on different
pages with the topics listed below.
It is a great reference guide to then mention at your
shows as it stands
on
the easel or plate stand.

Tabs for Empowering Women

Flexibility page 15

Girls night out page 17

Single mom page 23

Armed forces page 31

Stay at home mom page 79

Male consultants page 93

Hate to cook page 103

Senior citizens page 115

Shy page page 63

whiteyteresa said:
This is what my director sent to me.

I hope it is helpful

Take the Empowering Women magazine and put florescent tabs
on different
pages with the topics listed below.
It is a great reference guide to then mention at your
shows as it stands
on
the easel or plate stand.

Tabs for Empowering Women

Flexibility page 15

Girls night out page 17

Single mom page 23

Armed forces page 31

Stay at home mom page 79

Male consultants page 93

Hate to cook page 103

Senior citizens page 115

Shy page page 63

JUST what I wanted! THANK YOU!!!!

1. What is the purpose of the "Empowering Women" pages in the Pampered Chef catalog?

The "Empowering Women" pages in our catalog highlight the stories of women who have found success and empowerment through their Pampered Chef businesses. These pages serve as inspiration and motivation for other women who are interested in joining our team.

2. How can I access the "Empowering Women" pages in the catalog?

The "Empowering Women" pages can be found in the back of our current catalog. You can also view them online on our website under the "Empowering Women" tab.

3. Are the "Empowering Women" pages only for women interested in starting their own Pampered Chef business?

No, the "Empowering Women" pages are for anyone who is interested in reading about the stories of women who have found empowerment through Pampered Chef. It is not limited to those who are looking to join our team.

4. Are there any resources or support available for women who want to start their own Pampered Chef business?

Yes, we offer various resources and support for women who are interested in starting their own Pampered Chef business. This includes training, mentorship, and access to our online community of successful business owners.

5. Can I nominate someone to be featured on the "Empowering Women" pages?

Yes, we are always looking for inspiring stories of women who have found success and empowerment through their Pampered Chef businesses. You can submit a nomination on our website under the "Empowering Women" tab.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amerrigan
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
heather9892
  • sillylittlechef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cat