• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Do I Respond to This? Need Suggestions.

In summary, Anne suggests that Aprill become a PC consultant, as this girl is sweet and would be amazing at the job. Aprill is hesitant, as she is turned off of the idea of a boss and having to follow a schedule everyday. Anne stresses that as a PC consultant, Aprill is her own boss and can create any schedule that works for her. Aprill is undecided, but Anne stresses the importance of getting out and mingling with other PC consultants.
AJPratt
Silver Member
I got this email from Aprill, my neighbor/poss. recruit. Her husband's schedule is hectic right now. She works part time a couple of days a week and they have a small child. So I suggested she become a Consultant that does catalog shows. This girl is really sweet, LOVES our products and I think would be amazing at this. We have been going back and forth a bit. What do you think I should say back? I'm sure someone else has a better approach.

Hey Anne, sorry that you haven't heard from me, I have been so busy lately. Lot's to do, ya know. Wow 1500.00 dollar sale that is awesome!! Good for you. I went to a simply delicious (or whatever it's called) show last night, and can I just say first of all, I have been to only one of those shows before and the last one was much better than this one. The consultant had everything made ahead of time, which is okay, but she put everything out and just said help yourself. She did have cards out in front of everything that told you what it was, but it didn't explain how to make it?? Honestly, I think I would have bought much more,but I didn't b/c I didn't know how to prepare it. So with that being said I really don't think me doing only catalog shows would really be a good thing, business wise. Seriously, I was completely turned off of buying from her. I found that it was way more interesting to socialize with the girls.& nbsp;

BE your own boss!!I know that I am totally turned off by the idea of having a boss again and having to follow a certain set schedule everyday all day long.

I would try to stress the fact that as a PC consultant, you are your own boss and therefore can create any schedule that works for you. Being that she loves the products and has even allowed you to talk to her about this great opportunity is a very positive step in the right direction.
I always stress when I am talking to gals about signing up to do PC that if their schedule allows one show a month or twenty, that is totally up to them.
Sometimes I have two shows a month, sometimes four or five. It just depends on my hectic schedule.
As she told you the fact that she didn't know how to make those dishes were a big turn off but a big part of being a PC consultant is helping others find delicious, quick and easy recipes that they can share with their families. And considering that you can prepare a whole meal in about 30 minutes right before their eyes, the PC products sell themselves.
There are times when I have shows with really good friends and you know what. I have most of the food prepared ahead of time and pass out recipe cards with step by step instructions so we have more time for answering their questions, showing new products they probably haven't seen, playing fun games, eating, and socializing.
Have four kids and homeschooling I know how important it is to get out and mingle. And I do take advantage of that great benefit that comes along with my job as a PC consultant. I make my shows the way I want to and also talk to hosts to see what they want. I am pretty flexible and I always have fun!! It's worth a shot, I always tell everyone, you never know!!

Just my two cents!
Debbie

AJPratt said:

Honestly, I think I would have bought much more,but I didn't b/c I didn't know how to prepare it. So with that being said I really don't think me doing only catalog shows would really be a good thing, business wise. Seriously, I was completely turned off of buying from her. I found that it was way more interesting to socialize with the girls.& nbsp;

Anne, Maybe I'm reading this wrong but it sounds to me like what she is trying to say is that she would prefer is to do actual cooking shows....not just catalog shows. Sometimes we sell ourselves (and PC) short by trying to decide for them and offer an alternative (ie: "I know your husband has a crazy schedule and you're really busy with work and the baby, maybe you could be a catalog consultant") when really what they would like/need is the "whole package"! I do this all the time, we point out the obstacles we see them having when many times they hadn't even thought of that....of course, until WE point them out!!!

I'd go back to her and simple say..."I think you would be great at this and I'd love to have you join my team. You have nothing to lose by giving it a try and let's see where it goes from there." Don't offer excuses, don't throw out obstacles.....toss the ball into her court and then sit back and listen to what she has to say. Respond to objections....don't give them to her :)

RecuritWhat I would do is say something that encourages her that PC is totaly oppoisit of Simply Tastefull. explain what you do at your shows, explain that you are your own boss and that you make your own hours and work when ever you want and as much as you want!! WOW Okay I said alot of You's didn't I??? Oh well..... but you get the point!!!! That is what I would do if it were me!!! Good Luck!!

AJPratt said:
I got this email from Aprill, my neighbor/poss. recruit. Her husband's schedule is hectic right now. She works part time a couple of days a week and they have a small child. So I suggested she become a Consultant that does catalog shows. This girl is really sweet, LOVES our products and I think would be amazing at this. We have been going back and forth a bit. What do you think I should say back? I'm sure someone else has a better approach.

Hey Anne, sorry that you haven't heard from me, I have been so busy lately. Lot's to do, ya know. Wow 1500.00 dollar sale that is awesome!! Good for you. I went to a simply delicious (or whatever it's called) show last night, and can I just say first of all, I have been to only one of those shows before and the last one was much better than this one. The consultant had everything made ahead of time, which is okay, but she put everything out and just said help yourself. She did have cards out in front of everything that told you what it was, but it didn't explain how to make it?? Honestly, I think I would have bought much more,but I didn't b/c I didn't know how to prepare it. So with that being said I really don't think me doing only catalog shows would really be a good thing, business wise. Seriously, I was completely turned off of buying from her. I found that it was way more interesting to socialize with the girls.& nbsp;

SUGGESTION:

"That is what is so good about TPC - we can either do all the cooking on the spot right in front of everyone - or we can do it ahead, and just sit and chat with the girls!"

L I S T E N more, talk less. Quit emailing and get with her over coffee. Just spending time with her will incline her your way. The best recruiter in our national cluster told me - think of the pigeons and breadcrumbs. Give a little, they come closer. Throw the whole bag, they fly away...

Thanks for all of your suggestions. I've been trying to get together with her for a few weeks, but her husband is a cop, and he's working all this mandatory overtime, so its been tough to get together. I thought emailing would help keep an interest maybe...

Definetly try to sit down with her face to face. If she can't get out without her little one try to think of alternatives. Maybee a park or an indoor playground. It sounds like she really is interested. Find out what exactly has caught her eye.

I know when I started I had an 18month old and a hubby with a crazy (3pm to 1am mon thru thursday)schedule. With no family arround to help with my daughter. I had always loved PC so I started doing just 1 or 2 shows a month on the weekends to get out of the house. Of course you know how easy it is to get addicted to this business.

When you find out her thoughts you can know better how to guide her thru her challenges. The nice thing is the minimal commitment. If she decides after he 4 shows it's to hard with her family schedule she can stop.

Thats my $.02 :)

I have actually met several of my hostesses and potential recruits at playgrounds or indoor playlands. Especially the ones that have young kids themselves. They are very understanding and we are able to actually spend more valuable time than we sometimes would in one of our homes because the kids are having a fun outing too.

Maybe ask her over for a visit and set up her child with the new decorator set and some sugar cookies while you talk.

Talking to someone is definately the key. If she was able to go to another home show the other night maybe the idea of getting out of the house for a real "reason" like going out for coffee and a visit would be more appealing.

Michele

I've met gals at the play area at the mall and in their homes so the kids can run around and we can talk.

Offer to come over when it's convenient for her--it's not a big deal business appointment, but just an opportunity to sit down and chat more about it.

Good luck!

I agree about getting together at a time with her child. Make sure you aren't annoyed by the child's interruptions. You may not be able to finish a complete thought for the entire meeting, but being nice to her child will get you all sorts of bonus points. (You may automatically do that but I just want to state the obvious.)

I would also (when you finally get with her) ask her what she thinks she could offer at a cooking show. Help her see herself helping others cook better sense that seems to be her passion. Good luck.

This is what I sent back...

I can see what you mean about the Tastefully Simple show. I also see how you could be concerned about catalog shows having the same effect. I guess I just was thinking that mostly everyone knows Pampered Chef and the products, so that might not happen.

Listen, I am not trying to push you into something you are not ready for or interested in. It's just that I am so excited about my business and I really think you'd be great at it. And I'd love to have you on my team...but only when and if it is right for you.

If by chance, you are still a little interested... I do want to mention that there is a meeting on September 12th in Mays Landing where if you have some questions they could be answered. Since I'm still new at this I don't know if I'm doing such a good job. Or... I can always ask my friend if we can get together at my place or your place for snacks/coffee. She's been doing this a lot longer and has children, so she may better be able to understand your situation.

1. How do I respond to negative feedback from a customer?

First, remain calm and professional. Acknowledge the customer's concerns and apologize for any inconvenience. Offer a solution or ask how you can make things right. It's important to address the issue and show that you value their feedback.

2. What do I do if a customer is unhappy with a product they purchased?

Again, it's important to remain calm and professional. Ask the customer what specifically they are unhappy about and offer a replacement or refund if necessary. It's important to show that you stand behind your products and want to ensure customer satisfaction.

3. How should I respond to a customer who is being rude or disrespectful?

It can be difficult to deal with difficult customers, but it's important to remain professional and not engage in any arguments. Try to understand their concerns and offer a solution or escalate the issue to a supervisor if needed. Remember to always treat the customer with respect, even if they are not doing the same.

4. What is the best way to respond to a customer who is asking for a discount or free products?

Be polite and explain that unfortunately, you are not able to offer discounts or free products. You can also suggest looking for sales or promotions on our website or joining our loyalty program for future discounts. It's important to stand firm in your pricing and not devalue your products.

5. How do I respond to a customer who is asking for a refund or return outside of our policy?

First, refer to your company's return and refund policy and explain that unfortunately, you are unable to accommodate their request. However, you can offer alternative solutions such as exchanging the product for something else or providing store credit. It's important to be understanding but also stick to your company's policies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Heather92007
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Heather92007
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • pcsharon1
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies