• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ugh... Venting Frustrations over Failed Promotion Opportunity

In summary, the recruit's payment did not go through, and she is now trying to process her agreement. There is a deadline for her to have her agreement signed by midnight, but it seems like there are problems with the website.
crystalscookingnow
Gold Member
Ugh... So, I had a recruit that was going to sign up on Wednesday. She was processing the payment on her debit card when her dial up connection disconnected. She received the Web ID Confirmation (not the actual agreement confirmation). She thought that everything was processed ok because she received this e-mail. I e-mailed her yesterday to talk with her about everything & make sure everything was going well. I ended up calling home office to see if I could get a shipment date on her kit. They have no record of her agreement. The payment never went through! So, we spent all day yesterday trying to get her payment to go through. The credit & debit cards that she tried wouldn't work. She called HO & they told her that they couldn't accept the payment over the phone & that she would just need to mail her check in. WTH? How is her payment supposed to arrive at HO to complete her agreement in time for the midnight deadline? They also told her to use a friend's card. So, I called at 10 pm last night & got the same run around. I would think that they should be able to look through web logs & see where she was trying to process the payment. Now, we're both screwed out of a promotion & she's frustrated as heck. My director & I are going to *try* to work something out where she can still get the knives for free when she qualifies by Sept. 30, but I'm still not going to get the gift card. Or, my extra entries into the drawing!

I just don't see why we should be penalized (which HO says that we aren't, but I say that we are) because there was some technical issues that we couldn't resolve. Plus, the people that I talked with just kept saying, 'There's nothing wrong with the website.' I should have asked if they were web support & if they had been looking at the web information/detail logs while she was talking with me.

UGH! I just had to vent. :) Thanks for reading if you made it this far. I feel a little better already.

PS - I guess I need to change my title back to consultant. Just think, I wasn't even trying to recruit & I was so excited about this & becoming a director by next conference! Now, I'm discouraged!

Last edited:
That's not right!!! They should have been more willing to work with you!! Can they not take the info over the phone?????

So what happens when you become Director before conference? I just signed two, putting me up to a total of 3 now.

You need to check into this. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to sign up my recruit online - I was waiting for her show to close to get the $40 kit credit and I briefly mentioned that to my Hospitality Director. Anyway, she said to mail the agreement in - and then submit her show. As long as it was SIGNED prior to August 31st, that HO would accept it. Tell them you are mailing an agreement that she signed before the end of the month. That's how they always had to do them before we got all this fancy "online" stuff, so they should honor it. Or ask your Director to call HO about it being signed prior to the 31st. Good Luck!
Joanne

My director just got off of the phone with tech support & they told her that they were having problems with the web site yesterday early & that there shouldn't be any problem with the website now. So, they looked back to see if she had actually tried to submit her payment (I guess the people last night didn't believe me). They can see where she was doing everything that she could to get her payment submitted in time & that they would back date her agreement signing to last night!!!! YAY! Then, she got transferred to the career center & they asked for the tech support person's name. Unfortunately, she didn't get it, but they told her they would go over there & find out who she talked to.

So, my recruit is now trying to process her agreement with payment & we'll see what happens. I really hope that they let this process with an August 31st date.

I'm sorry if I sounded whiney & selfish in my first post. That was bad of me. I was so frustrated, but that's no excuse. Even when I typed that, I had every belief that our Company would back us up on this & do the right thing. PC ROCKS! :)

1. Why didn't I get the promotion?

There could be a variety of reasons why you were not selected for the promotion. It is important to remember that promotions are based on a combination of qualifications, experience, and performance. It is possible that another candidate had more relevant experience or demonstrated stronger skills in certain areas. Additionally, there may have been limited opportunities for promotion at this time.

2. How can I improve my chances for future promotions?

To improve your chances for future promotions, it is important to continue developing your skills and knowledge in your current role. Seek out opportunities for additional training or projects that will help you gain new experiences and expand your abilities. Additionally, communicate with your manager about your career goals and ask for their feedback on areas where you can improve. Networking and building relationships with colleagues and leaders in your organization can also help you stand out as a strong candidate for future promotions.

3. I feel like I deserved the promotion. How do I cope with this disappointment?

It is understandable to feel disappointed and frustrated when you do not get a promotion that you were hoping for. It is important to acknowledge and process these emotions, but try not to dwell on them for too long. Instead, focus on the positive aspects of your current role and continue to excel in your work. It may also be helpful to discuss your feelings with a trusted colleague or mentor for support and guidance.

4. What should I do if I believe the promotion process was unfair?

If you feel that the promotion process was unfair or biased, it is important to address your concerns with your HR department or a higher-level manager. Provide specific examples of why you believe the process was unfair and ask for an explanation or review of the decision. Keep in mind that it is ultimately up to the company to determine their promotion process and decisions, but it is important for them to be aware of any potential issues.

5. Will not getting this promotion hurt my career progression?

One missed promotion opportunity does not necessarily mean that your career progression will be hindered. It is important to continue to perform well in your current role and seek out other opportunities for growth and development. Keep an open line of communication with your manager about your career goals and continue to demonstrate your value to the company. Remember that promotions are not the only factor in career progression, and there may be other ways for you to advance in your career.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cookingwithlove
  • jwpamp